Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crowns Shop Companion name change request

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Through looking at one of the Crowns Shop Companions, I noticed that there's already a character that has the exact name, Sergeant Shepherd, who's unlockable after finishing "One-Eyed Jacks are Wild". I enjoyed having him help us stop Fin Dorsal from stealing Captain Avery's Jade Amulet in Skull Mountain during "Into the Skull Mountain", though, after looking at the Crowns Shop, I also found a companion that has the exact name that particular NPC does.

Listen, Sergeant Shepherd said, "I hope we meet again.", after defeating Fin, but I would think that we would see him again someday, as in, through a later quest. However, if anyone bought that Crowns Shop Companion look-a-like of Lucky Jack Russell, I would think that having him on someone's crew would be baffling... not to mention his voice sounding like Lucky Jack's voice, too.

Pirate101 team, I kindly ask of you this request, change the Crowns Shop look-a-like Companion's name to a different name to avoid confusion between the two characters that have the same name. It's starting to give me a bit of a headache trying to understand it. I hope you do so sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 31, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Through looking at one of the Crowns Shop Companions, I noticed that there's already a character that has the exact name, Sergeant Shepherd, who's unlockable after finishing "One-Eyed Jacks are Wild". I enjoyed having him help us stop Fin Dorsal from stealing Captain Avery's Jade Amulet in Skull Mountain during "Into the Skull Mountain", though, after looking at the Crowns Shop, I also found a companion that has the exact name that particular NPC does.

Listen, Sergeant Shepherd said, "I hope we meet again.", after defeating Fin, but I would think that we would see him again someday, as in, through a later quest. However, if anyone bought that Crowns Shop Companion look-a-like of Lucky Jack Russell, I would think that having him on someone's crew would be baffling... not to mention his voice sounding like Lucky Jack's voice, too.

Pirate101 team, I kindly ask of you this request, change the Crowns Shop look-a-like Companion's name to a different name to avoid confusion between the two characters that have the same name. It's starting to give me a bit of a headache trying to understand it. I hope you do so sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!
Why should KI change the name? Obviously this is the Sergeant Shepherd from Skull Mountain. Besides many NPCs are available as Crown Shop companions, why is that so confusing? Lucky Jack and Shepherd have a different appearance, so there's no trouble in telling them apart.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
Why should KI change the name? Obviously this is the Sergeant Shepherd from Skull Mountain. Besides many NPCs are available as Crown Shop companions, why is that so confusing? Lucky Jack and Shepherd have a different appearance, so there's no trouble in telling them apart.
Shepherd has his own voice & personality separate from Lucky Jack's own, & to have his voice sound like him makes it slightly confusing to me. I heard those voices myself & compared between them in my mind. I thought that having that look-a-like companion of Lucky Jack would have a name change so he would be made more separate from Shepherd and Lucky Jack while retaining that particular NPC without a need of removing him.