Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Joint Promotion Quests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
A bit of a tall order, but hear me out: Joint Promotion Quests for your companions. The main point would be to develop the characters' backstories and personalities. For example, for a Witchdoctor, a great quest would be with Mormo and Old Scratch. It's been seen several times how the water mole is in a way competitive to the skeleton. Another great one would be between Ratbeard and Catbeard. The two already have a history together, and it would be great to see the Captain try and do something to remedy the bad blood. One that I don't think people would expect be one that involved between Monkey King and Shiruku Neko. Both characters fit along the troubled past type, and that would be something that would connect them and lead to a strong friendship. El Toro and Hawkules.......'nuff said.

Both companions would have to be at the same level, and I don't know which companions would work best with others, but it would have to be at the most two companions. The main goal would be to develop the companions that each pirate has.

Actually, another great one would be the duo of Bonnie Anne and the companion ALL types of pirates get in Cool Ranch. I forget his name. Anyway, an experienced gunslinger teaching a younger one about the Spiral at large? It could work......

If you can just give an opinion that would be fantastic!

-- Inky John

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Vagabond on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
A bit of a tall order, but hear me out: Joint Promotion Quests for your companions. The main point would be to develop the characters' backstories and personalities. For example, for a Witchdoctor, a great quest would be with Mormo and Old Scratch. It's been seen several times how the water mole is in a way competitive to the skeleton. Another great one would be between Ratbeard and Catbeard. The two already have a history together, and it would be great to see the Captain try and do something to remedy the bad blood. One that I don't think people would expect be one that involved between Monkey King and Shiruku Neko. Both characters fit along the troubled past type, and that would be something that would connect them and lead to a strong friendship. El Toro and Hawkules.......'nuff said.

Both companions would have to be at the same level, and I don't know which companions would work best with others, but it would have to be at the most two companions. The main goal would be to develop the companions that each pirate has.

Actually, another great one would be the duo of Bonnie Anne and the companion ALL types of pirates get in Cool Ranch. I forget his name. Anyway, an experienced gunslinger teaching a younger one about the Spiral at large? It could work......

If you can just give an opinion that would be fantastic!

-- Inky John
Interesting and very imaginative. It seems, however, a little complicated especially the bit where they have to be the same level.
P.S. Do you mean Rooster Cogburn?

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Blind Mew was actually asked about this, it's an interesting idea. But it may take focus away from one single companion, someone may, for whatever reason, may not want to promote one but does the other. He'd rather one companion just talk a lot in a promotion over joint promoting.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
wraithcaster on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Blind Mew was actually asked about this, it's an interesting idea. But it may take focus away from one single companion, someone may, for whatever reason, may not want to promote one but does the other. He'd rather one companion just talk a lot in a promotion over joint promoting.
Yeah, I suppose you're right....but still, it would be cool. I just want to see more of those characters, like those from a TV show.