Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pet morphing for the right talent

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
I just received a mechanical owl from a friend, and I wanted to ask a question about morphing for a certain talent that this pet has (potentially) as a first generation pet. I'm looking for charming gaze 2 on any pet really. So far, the owl I received hasn't shown this talent. It may be a second, third, or even a fourth generation mechanical owl. I will obviously continue to train him to max level searching for the talent. My question is, if it doesn't show up on this pet, if I morph it with another pet (any pet) will the talent potentially show up on the new one. Really what I'm asking is, am i guaranteed to get the talent eventually? I mean it could take 20 pets, but will the talent eventually show up for sure? I assume it will because the owl has it in it's gene pool, but I'd rather be sure for obvious reasons. I'm also not sure if my friend's owl had the talent show up either. I hope I've described what I'm asking well enough for everyone to understand, and I look forward to any and all replies. Thanks.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
it should not take 20 pets,if your desired talent doesnt show up on your current pet,then simply morph with any pet who has manifested that talent and you should have it on your second pet.I personally doubt it should take you more than 3 attempts in total to get the charming gaze manifested on your pet.Only question is,do you want to keep your owl as your pet? if that is the case then you will possibly have to morph with the other player a few times to get your pet back but with the new talent in blood line.
Good luck!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the pet talents to work like this:

1st generation pets (ones dropped or bought) develop random talents & powers.

2nd+ generation pets (ones that have been morphed) receive both sets of parent's talents & powers that have been revealed and then a random mix of the unrevealed talents and powers in the pedigree. HOWEVER just because the talent or power is in the pedigree does not mean it will develop. Your new pet will still learn random talents from the new pedigree pool.

The best way of getting the gaze 2 talent is to just keep hatching with those pets already have it.

If you are interested I have a few pets with gaze 2 and am willing to morph. My schedule is a little scattered this holiday season but should have open availability after Dec 27th if you haven't found one by then. If you wish to try to schedule a meet up on here try for Monday or after so we have time to see the messages.

~Clumsy Calamity.

Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks Hunter for the reply. I think I get the idea, but what if the talent hasn't manifested on the owl my friend had. Does that mean it will never manifest on my owl or any of the subsequent babies created?

Ensign
May 17, 2013
thats correct.If your friends pet does not have it,you will not have it either.You have to morph your owl you currently have with an owl or pet who actually has it,then only you will get that talent into your pets bloodline and hopefully by raising it your new pet will manifest it.

Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
Thank you Clumsy Calamity for the reply. I'm going to keep morphing and training to see what talents I get, and thank you very much for the offer. If I fail, at least I'll learn something. It would be great to meet with you, as you said, sometime after the 27th. I'll post again to let you know if I've had success before then.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Welcome to the message boards MayHooligan. I see your fellow Marauders have you well assisted.

Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
I still haven't had any luck getting charming gaze 2 to show up on a pet. I believe Hunter is right. Thanks for the information Hunter. Thank you for the welcome Chrissy. I'm enjoying the message boards, and I'm learning a lot. I recently realized there is a whole forum for pet morphing meet ups. I'm not sure if Clumsy Calamity meant to post here again or there, but I'm sure I'll get what I'm looking for eventually. Everyone is so nice and helpful here. If you read this Calamity, I'd like to morph with you, whenever it is convenient. I'm home for Christmas, so you pick the realm, day, time, and I'll be there. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
I see ya May! I've tried borrowing the neighbors wifi (yes I asked permission). But alas I am unable to get a stable internet connection that supports the game while visiting my folks.

I should have open flexibility after 12pm (noon) CST on the 27th to meet so just let me know what time works for you. We can meet in the morphing tent in realm one eyed jack.

~Clumsy Calamity

Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
Hi Clumsy Calamity. I gotta have plenty of time around noon for a good fat kid meal. How about 1:30pm CST? One eyed Jack 1:30pm CST on the 27th. Reply if you want, or if this is a bad time for you. Otherwise I'll see you there, and thanks again.