Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hi

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 21, 2013
Hi i'm new to the message boards and my friend I belive he's on here I think his name is dragon master? well I have a few questions what class should I pick? what would be the best way to beat the game? and can anyone help me get started ? And my friend told me about chriss'y th' Blesser Anicorbie and Valkoor the Victorious and how they are amazing people and I can't wait to meet you guys well on the boards not- uh you know what I mean

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
christopher iceswo... on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi i'm new to the message boards and my friend I belive he's on here I think his name is dragon master? well I have a few questions what class should I pick? what would be the best way to beat the game? and can anyone help me get started ? And my friend told me about chriss'y th' Blesser Anicorbie and Valkoor the Victorious and how they are amazing people and I can't wait to meet you guys well on the boards not- uh you know what I mean
Hi & welcome to the boards- glad you could join us. If you're new to the game as well, may I suggest first following your battling instincts. When it comes to picking a class I think it is important for you to have a blast as well. All of the classes have their charms, appeals & advantages. And with a little bit of practice & learning as you go, they all can bring you success in the Spiral. So, if this is your first pirate, I suggest just picking a class that seems appealing to you.

Do you like to set traps, attack from companion cover & rain down bombs & mortars from a distance? Then perhaps a Musketeer would be to your liking. Musketeers are quite adept at laying minefields across the battle board & blasting enemies from long range. Lower in health & armor but very formidable foes indeed.

Do you enjoy stealth, poisoning, & moving across the battle board in leaps & bounds, as you prepare for deadly strikes? Then maybe a Swashbuckler is more up your alley. Super dodgy, high powered & slipping in & out of combat, a Swashbuckler dials up the damage. What they gain in stealth, attack power & elusiveness-- they give up in health & armor.

Are you more into the conjuring up of Hoodoo & spells that can both terrorize your enemies & also replenish your health, all while staying out of harms way? Well, you just may enjoy taping into your inner Witchdoctor & let the spooky fly. Witchdoctors can summon creatures to aid in battle & attack with mind boggling, high damaging spells that can attack multiple enemies from a distance. They too lack the higher health & armor, so they must be protected from high damage.

Or perhaps you'd rather enjoy a hardy, high armor, high health brigand with access to crippling melee attacks that can reduce enemy accuracy, as well as having access to many shielding spells. Well then, Spiral life as a Buccaneer may suit you rather well. What a Buccaneer lacks in overall high attack power, they make up for by being able to halt enemy attacks, turn the tide for greater attack power & with their staying power- due to high health & armor.

Or just maybe you desire to play more of a leadership role in combat, acting as a field general that can boost the overall moral & combat effectiveness of your crew & fellow combatants. If so, the life of a Privateer would suit you rather well. Privies may lack raw damage output but they are known for their many shielding, healing powers & for being able to make every ally an elite fighting force. Boosting critical hit chances & increasing attack output make a Privy a valuable asset to any battle.

The good news is all of the classes can train a little bit in each of the other classes & also equip gear that gives the powers of the other classes. So, if you are looking for a mixed class pirate-- that is easily obtainable as well.

Whichever class you decide on, just have fun with it & make friends in game & you should do quite well in the Spiral. So, good luck to you & again, welcome aboard!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Christopher, welcome to the message boards.
Each class has it's own style so its mostly what you like to do. Do you like to jump in and start swinging and mow then down with great style, or to be a force to be reckoned with as you punish while protecting others others, or to be the leader and help others be more awesome as you guide and heal them, or to stand back and wickedly attack from afar and bring in more help as it is needed, OR do you just like to blow things up and have a blast as you decimate your enemies before they can even get to you?
Those would be, in the above order: Swashbuckler, Buccaneer, Privateer, Witchdoctor and Musketeer.
The best way to get through the game is to educate yourself by reading tips here and on the great guides on the fansites.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Well hi by any chance do you mean me if you do then it's about time you made a pirate message board account and welcome I think you should look into a privateer the best way to beat it is to have help frome great friends or do side quests and I could help if I get the chance

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Hello, Christopher IceSword, and welcome to the Message Boards

Your class should be....... I really don't know. They all are powerful in their own ways, but if I were to choose one, it would be Musketeer.

Musketeers use guns and traps in battle. Traps are scattered over the battleboard to lower your enemy's health, so you can defeat at a safe distance. Musketeers get many powerful and useful companions to use in battle. Musketeers benefit from Agility, so be sure to cast Agility powers to power up in battle.

Good luck in the Spiral!

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 65
-Loyal Zane Bowman Level 49
-Gruesome Sergio Bowman Level 28
-Dashing Seamus Bowman Level 21
-India Bowman Level 15
-Able Anna Urswick Level 8

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Welcome to the boards, Chris! Glad to have you here. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of us and have a fantastic time!

To answer your questions...

Each class has its strengths and weaknesses; I made one pirate for every class and as I play through the game on each one, I can figure out what I like and don't like for their classes. My personal favorite is Swashbuckler because of their high damage and dodge, as well as their ability to hide.

There really is no best way to beat the game-- find a strategy that works for you! Whether it be group or solo play, the game can be beaten either way. I think it is best if you remember to do side quests, as they can help you keep your level a bit higher than the main quest line enemies which makes it a little easier to progress though the story.

Any of the Message Board Marauders, as we like to call ourselves , would be happy to meet you in-game and give you a helping hand!

To expand upon a comment...

Chrissy, Anecorbie, and Valkoor are three of the most amazing pirates in the Spiral, and it is a privilege to know them. They are beyond great friends and are always kind, funny, helpful, supportive, thoughtful...the list could go on for pages and pages. They (along with many other Marauders) represent what it truly means to be a Pirate of Skull Island.

Again, welcome to the Message Boards and I hope you enjoy posting here!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
g'day mate! welcome to the message boards you'll have a great time here! anyway for your first question i picked privater for my first pirate privateer's rely on their companions to fight and the have buffs which can power you up and healing skills i have a witchdoctor that has all kinds of spooky spells to fight baddies and they can summon the undead who wouldn't want to have a bunch of zombies serving you? XD this is a really fun class swashbuckler is a powerful but low heath pirate but still with the right gear you can really put some hurt on the baddies

musketeer have guns so they can have long range attacks and traps they are a fun class.

and last but not least the buccaneer they have heavy armor and heavy weapons and to be honest its the only class i don't have a pirate with.

the choice is up to you though now for the other question there is no best way to beat the game from what i think i would just recommend that you keep updating your gear from the bazaar and keeping up with your class trainer quests and side quests so you will be at a good level

one more thing ( this means witchdoctor) (privater ) ( swashbuckler ) ( musketeer) ( buccaneer )

this makes things easier when your writing on the boards don't be afraid to ask for help though!

ratbeard. captain the sharks have spotted us!

me. wait what?! shoot! ( closes laptop and swings on rope to shark ship)

shark. this is what you'll get for replacing our meat flavored yum with veggie juice!

me. shouldn't that be good for you?

shark. it had mustard in it you know we only crave meat!

me. ohhhhh thats right i forgot

shark. and you took our golden shark get him boys!

me.you know what ( hops on ship and blasts ship with epic cannons )

sorry about that mate just keep in mind that when if a shark monkey robot dog asks you if you know where i am DON'T say anything why? don't ask

have fun on the message boards!

fearless talon lewis max level

golden leo i forgot the level but somewere in cool ranch UGH

quick luke orne i'm going to guess level 16

sean Nightingale i think 8 or 9

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hey Chris! Welcome to the family!

I've been a Message Board Marauder for at least a year, so I'd be happy to show you the ups and downs. First things first. Unfortunately, I don't recall any Dragon Master on the boards, but someone else might know him.

Which class should you pick? Well, I think Witchdoctor is the best class- but it's not like I'm being biased or anything! But in all seriousness, no class is the best. You should create a pirate of each class, and test their fighting style. Whichever class you can wield to the best advantage is the class for you.

For the third question, there isn't really a best way to complete the game. However, a good way to play the game is to try and go through as many quests as you can. All of these quests help you level up, and some yield great rewards - like a new companion. Also, every quest contains some fun dialogue that Blind Mew - the developer here - put in. Always keep your dialogue on full volume!

So, I take it you're a beginner. Well, for starters, there are five classes: Buccaneer, Musketeer, Swashbuckler, Privateer, and Witchdoctor. Buccaneers and Swashbucklers are your close range characters. They both use mostly melee attacks, though they also have buffs. Buffs are pretty much powers you use to gain advantages and such. Privateers are completely buff characters. They hang back while the companions move in on enemies, and the Privateers buff the companions from afar. Witchdoctors and Musketeers are your ranged fighters. They also hang back and blast enemies from across the board.

Also here's a tip: read over Blind Mew's Musings - the last category in Avery's Court - to familiarize yourself with the story line. But remember - there may be spoilers!

Just a tad bit of info from me.

~Thunder

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
So we have a newbie eh, well I have one thing to say too that, and its Welcome Aboard Mr. Chris glad ye can join us and if ye be looking fer a class I'd go with a swashbuckler, what they lack in armor and strength they make up fer speed and stealth, they be the deadliest with stabbing weapons and when ye reach somewhere in the lvl 60s after receiving (Walk in Shadow & Walk in Darkness) ye will gain the "Black Fog" which allows ye and yer crew too double attack power while hidden from enemies.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Welcome to the Message Boards christopher icesword,

Buccaneers:
Buccaneers are the tanks of the classes, having high health and deal high damage, they have the highest base defence against physical attacks and boost damage off the strength stat, they also have the most epic talents in the game, however, Buccaneers have no base defence against magical attacks, they aren't the best dodgers and they provoke enemies, making them go after Buccaneers allot, not to mention out of all the classes, Buccaneers obtain the least amount of free companions in the game.
Buccaneers' powers can have no range limit, usually powers let them use Glancing Blow and reduce enemy stats, buffs mainly increase the strength stat, have powers that let them defend against melee attacks.

Musketeers:
Musketeers attack from a distance, having the highest base accuracy, they deal magical damage and boost off the agility stat, Musketeers are useful against all types of enemies, however, they don't cope too well against enemies that are in a square adjacent to them.
Musketeers' powers can deal damage to multiple enemies, sometimes attacking each enemy multiple times and even reducing their stats, they can set up traps from a distance, which is activated when an enemy steps onto a square a trap has been placed on and their buffs mainly increase the agility stat.

Privateers:
Privateers have the most free companions in the game, they have the highest health of all the classes and they boost off the will stat, however, Privateers aren't the strongest in combat and they are more of a supporter for companions and allies.
Privateers' powers can heal allies and sometimes add an overtime effect, they can defend allies against any type of attack and they have a buff for almost every stat, they also have powers that let them attack enemies anywhere on the battle board and sometimes they add traps to free squares.

Swashbucklers:
Swashbucklers have the highest dodge and generally deal the most damage out of all the classes, their Slashy weapons usually give them the ability to pierce through physical defences and they boost from the agility stat and they can jump over obstacles, however, Swashbucklers have the lowest health and don't have the best defences.
Swashbucklers' powers can hide themselves and sometimes others, they can buff the agility stat and have hero like powers that let them defend their companions, they can attack multiple enemies at a time and inflict poison.

Witchdoctors:
Witchdoctors deal magical damage, having the highest spell power and magical defence, they boost off the will stat and they attack from a distance, however, they aren't much of dodgers and have no physical defence and they have the least amount of epic talents.
Witchdoctors' powers let them summon allies, drain health from enemies and deal magical damage, they can buff stats specific to a unit and they can attack multiple enemies at a time, they can even teleport and charm their enemies.