Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

people be hating on privateers

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
a few years back when i was noob i had a friend who was a max privateer he was showing me the ups and downs and everything i needed to know about pirate 101 and privateers. so one day we were fighting in the brwalin hall then out of know where this swashbuckler max was talking trash about privateers he said we are so weak that we need every buff and power that we need. so my opinion is some times they are mean to us because they are probably jealous ok there is no need the bully other people based on their class haters gonna hate

Bold Eric Vane lvl 60 privateer

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I can see why hate the Privateers or find them annoying due their powerful buffing abilities like Battle Zeal. Normally, a good remedy for trash talkers is to demolish them in a fight(not real life physical) but muting them is another...option.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
Well, having buffs is really the whole point of being a Privateer. Being a medic and buffer that everyone relies on is a difficult job, especially since Privateers can't defend themselves easily anymore after Purge Magic was added. So yeah, you basically need to rely on buffs to help your companions, friends, and yourself especially, that's why it's such a great class. This is coming from a Witchdoctor, so don't feel down~!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
the awesome smuggl... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
a few years back when i was noob i had a friend who was a max privateer he was showing me the ups and downs and everything i needed to know about pirate 101 and privateers. so one day we were fighting in the brwalin hall then out of know where this swashbuckler max was talking trash about privateers he said we are so weak that we need every buff and power that we need. so my opinion is some times they are mean to us because they are probably jealous ok there is no need the bully other people based on their class haters gonna hate

Bold Eric Vane lvl 60 privateer
Clearly they were simply mad or were angered after many losses from Privateers, it tends to happen to many people, even me. If they tried to say that we are only good in PVP because of are buffs, they could be correct. However, adding the fact that we would be weak without our buffs is simply just an opinion. Just remember, anyone who hates on you in PVP is either:

A. Jealous of your awesomeness and your strategy

B. Mad of constant losses or inability to overcome the opponent's strategy.
Or
C. A sore loser

Ensign
Apr 06, 2012
i think a team of 4 privateers is a bit over powered on the buffing but just one or two on a team isn't bad

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
Clearly they were simply mad or were angered after many losses from Privateers, it tends to happen to many people, even me. If they tried to say that we are only good in PVP because of are buffs, they could be correct. However, adding the fact that we would be weak without our buffs is simply just an opinion. Just remember, anyone who hates on you in PVP is either:

A. Jealous of your awesomeness and your strategy

B. Mad of constant losses or inability to overcome the opponent's strategy.
Or
C. A sore loser
Winning has become such a custom to privateers that adjustments is hard for them to follow.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
no the funny thing is it was me and the priv and high level muskeer vs to max swash bucklers, and a low leveld buccaneer

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Well people's complaints will be remedied in the next update, they docked the privateer buffs to be equalized. So now you gotta use a little more tact with the buffs and the moment to use them, but privateers can still win with the right strategy and gear! And now people can't really complain when the update comes, because now their feared battle zeal and discipline last 3 rounds! And even enduring discipline and espirit de corps lasts 5. But they are still usable if properly timed, but not a buff that'll last the whole match.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I find this kinda funny because swashbucklers and privateers make a good team. I'm a swashbuckler and one of my friends was a privateer and we did a lot of Cool Ranch together. He would buff me a ton and I'd go in and sweep the enemies. Like Gruesome Richard said earlier, the swashbuckler was probably tired of losing to privateers so often. He wanted to release his anger where it would hurt the most. Don't let it bother you and beat him up if you ever see him again.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

I don't always dance, but when I do, I dance of steel. Keep missing me my friends.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
FireMorgan13 on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I find this kinda funny because swashbucklers and privateers make a good team. I'm a swashbuckler and one of my friends was a privateer and we did a lot of Cool Ranch together. He would buff me a ton and I'd go in and sweep the enemies. Like Gruesome Richard said earlier, the swashbuckler was probably tired of losing to privateers so often. He wanted to release his anger where it would hurt the most. Don't let it bother you and beat him up if you ever see him again.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

I don't always dance, but when I do, I dance of steel. Keep missing me my friends.
Welcome to the message boards Dolan. Wise words there. My younger privateer has also been doing Cool Ranch with a swashbuckler friend and we are just breezing through. It is indeed a great match up.