Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skeleton animation a bit nasty.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I know this may just be me who agrees with this, but I dont like the skeleton animation when a skeleton dies. I wouldn't mind if it fell into a pile of bones, or just fell down and dies, but I do not like how they die.

Here is how they die:
Their head gets decapitated and when it hits the ground the skull splits into a few seprate pieces.

The problem:
I find it not too bad, but I mean when an enemy dies, they should not die in such conditions. Imagine doing it to a real character. Silly deaths are ok but there is a point where youve crossed the line. This in my opinion is just a teensy tiny bit over the line. Never the less its over the line. I would suggest a death where the skeleton falls into a pile of bones, with a ghost coming out.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I actually completely disagree. I actually love animations like that. this game is kid friendly in many aspects, and fighting is one that is included. This is a game where you blast other LIVING pirates out of the sky, blow up several locations, and in some cases, it feels like you downright kill some NPC enemies without the game telling us (cough, cough, Duck Of Death, cough cough). This leans a bit more to the teen/adult audience, but still lets the kid audience in to the mix with silly banter, cartoony (but still awesome) artwork, and just some funny downright loony toons randomness, like some of the puppet show jokes. But, fighting is, IMO, balanced perfectly between silly animations, and serious, "you're in mortal danger!" elements and animations. You can only have so many kid friendly, silly death animations before the game becomes utterly ridiculous. The Ettin death animation is a prime example. It is extremely goofy and silly, that it is hilarious, and is a rare specimen, making it just a good laugh on a farming run to Aquila . BUT, if the game's animations were al this way, then it becomes hard to take all the other things seriously. If it was all silly, we would start looking at the polarian war as a few pre-schoolers fighting over a slide on the playground, and the El Dorado map chase being a child's game of finders keepers. If we have a somewhat negative view on other aspects, then the game would lose players, and maybe even entire age groups. The Ettin animations of the spiral are a good laugh telling you, "hey, your playing a kids game!" while animations like the skeleton's say, "remember, you're still blowing up the undead with a spark cannon!". I honestly find it as a perfect mix, and should be changed in the least.
not to mention, the skeletons could just pull themselves back together whenever needed. it's happened in things like cartoons, and also in some more brutal things, like Pirates of the Caribbean.
F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
I actually completely disagree. I actually love animations like that. this game is kid friendly in many aspects, and fighting is one that is included. This is a game where you blast other LIVING pirates out of the sky, blow up several locations, and in some cases, it feels like you downright kill some NPC enemies without the game telling us (cough, cough, Duck Of Death, cough cough). This leans a bit more to the teen/adult audience, but still lets the kid audience in to the mix with silly banter, cartoony (but still awesome) artwork, and just some funny downright loony toons randomness, like some of the puppet show jokes. But, fighting is, IMO, balanced perfectly between silly animations, and serious, "you're in mortal danger!" elements and animations. You can only have so many kid friendly, silly death animations before the game becomes utterly ridiculous. The Ettin death animation is a prime example. It is extremely goofy and silly, that it is hilarious, and is a rare specimen, making it just a good laugh on a farming run to Aquila . BUT, if the game's animations were al this way, then it becomes hard to take all the other things seriously. If it was all silly, we would start looking at the polarian war as a few pre-schoolers fighting over a slide on the playground, and the El Dorado map chase being a child's game of finders keepers. If we have a somewhat negative view on other aspects, then the game would lose players, and maybe even entire age groups. The Ettin animations of the spiral are a good laugh telling you, "hey, your playing a kids game!" while animations like the skeleton's say, "remember, you're still blowing up the undead with a spark cannon!". I honestly find it as a perfect mix, and should be changed in the least.
not to mention, the skeletons could just pull themselves back together whenever needed. it's happened in things like cartoons, and also in some more brutal things, like Pirates of the Caribbean.
F.R. Holystone
lv 65
Agreed, how many times did that poor undead monkey get shot to pieces and just grabbed that eye and skittered off, lol.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Elemutation on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
F.R. Holystone
lv 65
Well ok then I suppose you are right

But I still dont want an animation which crosses the line. I have seen bad ones in other games that I dont want to be here.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
well at least its not all gory or somthing. wait, correction, it is! the skeletal pirates eye falls out! pretty gross if you ask me.