Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Teeny-weeny edit for initial P101 load/install

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy Bonnie and KI crew!

I just got done reinstalling P101 on one of my laptops, when I came across, what I'm guessing is, an itsy-bitsy mistake during the install/load screen. It actually can be seen as the game loads/installs for the first time and the wonderful P101 pages/tabs scroll across your screen-- where you can hit the arrow keys to read the intro tidbits about the game, the Spiral's enemies and life as a pirate.

On, I think the 3rd bullet/page, it talks about the enemies you will face throughout your pirate's journeys. Well, it says something to like, "...even facing a hoard of shark pirates..." (sorry, I tried to take a screenshot, but got the actual log on screen instead). I'm thinking that maybe "horde" was what was meant to be used, instead of "hoard."

Completely insignificant and minor, but I thought that since I noticed it, I should at least bring it to KI's attention. Even though I know the difference(s), I accidentally mix up same word/different meaning stuff, all the time...so it's 100% understandable-- yes I'm looking at you: your/you're; there/their; here/hear; are/arrr!

By the way, that was quite a nice and nostalgic trip down memory lane. As I watched the game load/install again, and read those little tidbits for the first time in quite some time, it reminded me of when I first downloaded/installed the game with my son sitting by my side. So long ago it seems...but such a great memory. Which also leads me to this question:

By any chance are those little intros/tidbits available to read anywhere else, like maybe here on the main site? I rather enjoyed reading them again...and also revisiting those "baby pirate" memories.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
That would be nice to re read all that. There is an Adventures of the Spiral post I did about "Embracing your inner Noob that goes through the fun of starting a new pirate that you might enjoy until they create a nostalgic video (hopefully) for us to enjoy.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Well, if someone was gathering their many shark pirates in secret before unleashing them (The Master?) they could be described as a hoard...

But I think the actual point is valid, and it's a mistake I've seen countless times across the various forums I visit. I have also just re-installed the game on a new computer, and I agree that if additional Books such as the artwork are planned, perhaps these pages could be compiled?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
That would be nice to re read all that. There is an Adventures of the Spiral post I did about "Embracing your inner Noob that goes through the fun of starting a new pirate that you might enjoy until they create a nostalgic video (hopefully) for us to enjoy.
I agree, Chrissy! Every time I loaded P101 onto a new system or had to reinstall it, for any reason, I really enjoyed reading the little bits of neat info that scrolled across the screen. And I am certainly going to check out more of your handiwork-- I'm sure it will be just as fantastic as some of the other guides/posts that you have crafted and shared with all of us.

I still owe you something in the "pet department" and I surely haven't forgotten. It's been a whirlwind around here and there's been a lot of "happenings" that have transpired. Two grandparents in and out of the hospital, an aunt who had brain surgery, my so-much-better half's aunt passed away a little over a week ago and sadly my mom passed away a little over a month ago. I'm doing okay though and have a good grasp on and understanding of the whole circle of life thingy-- but it's still a lot to juggle and get through (as I know you fully understand). But I shall remain positive and embrace all of the wonderful in life and celebrate it to the fullest.

I hope to get something to you in the near future, now that I've started posting a little bit again and reinvigorating those ol' creative juices of mine. I thank you for the link and for the patience...as always.

And I surely do hope they can put together a bit of nostalgia for us to enjoy...and maybe a new advertisement or even a P101 theme song, as well. Actually on that note-- stay tuned, as I may (or may not) have something in the works that they could possibly use to spruce up the P101 ad/shower song/promotional department.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
I agree, Chrissy! Every time I loaded P101 onto a new system or had to reinstall it, for any reason, I really enjoyed reading the little bits of neat info that scrolled across the screen. And I am certainly going to check out more of your handiwork-- I'm sure it will be just as fantastic as some of the other guides/posts that you have crafted and shared with all of us.

I still owe you something in the "pet department" and I surely haven't forgotten. It's been a whirlwind around here and there's been a lot of "happenings" that have transpired. Two grandparents in and out of the hospital, an aunt who had brain surgery, my so-much-better half's aunt passed away a little over a week ago and sadly my mom passed away a little over a month ago. I'm doing okay though and have a good grasp on and understanding of the whole circle of life thingy-- but it's still a lot to juggle and get through (as I know you fully understand). But I shall remain positive and embrace all of the wonderful in life and celebrate it to the fullest.

I hope to get something to you in the near future, now that I've started posting a little bit again and reinvigorating those ol' creative juices of mine. I thank you for the link and for the patience...as always.

And I surely do hope they can put together a bit of nostalgia for us to enjoy...and maybe a new advertisement or even a P101 theme song, as well. Actually on that note-- stay tuned, as I may (or may not) have something in the works that they could possibly use to spruce up the P101 ad/shower song/promotional department.
No worries. I know you are very busy but I had NO idea how much you are dealing with. I am so sorry for all your losses and trials. My heart and prayers are with you. *Chrissy Hugs*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Willowydream on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
Well, if someone was gathering their many shark pirates in secret before unleashing them (The Master?) they could be described as a hoard...

But I think the actual point is valid, and it's a mistake I've seen countless times across the various forums I visit. I have also just re-installed the game on a new computer, and I agree that if additional Books such as the artwork are planned, perhaps these pages could be compiled?

If you mean a compilation of all the concept art and fan art in one place, I have made slideshows of them here, and here. You can put it on full screen mode and get screenshots of your favorites or just enjoy watching them if you are not in your home or dorm room.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
glad to see youre back! we all missed you terribly... sorry that you have been through so much lately, am praying.. very few words will help so i offer my hugs and a plate of homemade cookies..
in the meantime as for myself i have been bouncing between the games yet seen by few.. my head is abuzz with game-changing overhaul ideas so have been mulling them over and might be posting via twitter soon.. after that if decent will post on here..
love yall
stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you, Chrissy and Jen. I really appreciate that.

We are all hanging in there and focusing on the positives. It is going to be rather tough posting and getting in game over the next few weeks/months. Spring sports are about to be back in full swing, so my coaching "career" is about to get started up, as well. And my classes that I had to put off till Spring are also going to be starting up soon. Add in work and other family activities, and it will be tough to find time for much of anything else. Plus the twins will be becoming more "social" and taking part in their own super fun activities-- and I simply must join in on the chaos!

Well, thank you both again, for the nice thoughts, the prayers and the kind words. It means a lot, as do all of you.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Thank you, Chrissy and Jen. I really appreciate that.

We are all hanging in there and focusing on the positives. It is going to be rather tough posting and getting in game over the next few weeks/months. Spring sports are about to be back in full swing, so my coaching "career" is about to get started up, as well. And my classes that I had to put off till Spring are also going to be starting up soon. Add in work and other family activities, and it will be tough to find time for much of anything else. Plus the twins will be becoming more "social" and taking part in their own super fun activities-- and I simply must join in on the chaos!

Well, thank you both again, for the nice thoughts, the prayers and the kind words. It means a lot, as do all of you.
Well it will keep you busy until the pirate101 update releaseses, I'm sure you will have time to play it when it releases as things will settle in

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
Well it will keep you busy until the pirate101 update releaseses, I'm sure you will have time to play it when it releases as things will settle in
Very true, Darius...very true. I'll be quite busy but checking in as oft as I can. And you can bet that when the Test Realm and new content does drop-- I'll magically make a little time to sample all the goodies.