Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Potion.... What did you do to it?!?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
The main solo purpose of using the mojo potion is if you companion die out during a dungeon! With 1 to 3 limit of how much you could push yourself and your crew through. Especially for those who to solo play and grind our way through each challenge. Of course there is always a chances of red yum-yum floating around for your health, but the greatest and most important part that it refreshed everyone included wounded, and everything for your ship (which really didn't need anything for the ship). Now it has become more than clear that you have seem to have crippled the mojo potion from from reviving the fallen companion, as well as for the life fountains. The lemonade stand was cool, and with a cute kids voice, but now have almost entirely made the mojo potion pointless. It was never at anytime something that could be used in combat, so there was no excuse to say it was too over powering to use. Converting the life fountain from reviving everyone to a Medic Station actually made sense, although I would never consider wasting my gold on it personally. It has been two years since I have came back to the game, and I was surprise to many cool improvements that has been change... Please don't degrade any of the original basic functions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mparks08 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
The main solo purpose of using the mojo potion is if you companion die out during a dungeon! With 1 to 3 limit of how much you could push yourself and your crew through. Especially for those who to solo play and grind our way through each challenge. Of course there is always a chances of red yum-yum floating around for your health, but the greatest and most important part that it refreshed everyone included wounded, and everything for your ship (which really didn't need anything for the ship). Now it has become more than clear that you have seem to have crippled the mojo potion from from reviving the fallen companion, as well as for the life fountains. The lemonade stand was cool, and with a cute kids voice, but now have almost entirely made the mojo potion pointless. It was never at anytime something that could be used in combat, so there was no excuse to say it was too over powering to use. Converting the life fountain from reviving everyone to a Medic Station actually made sense, although I would never consider wasting my gold on it personally. It has been two years since I have came back to the game, and I was surprise to many cool improvements that has been change... Please don't degrade any of the original basic functions.
Mojo potions still work for you and your ship, during long ship quests, I use my mojo so I don't have to return to the windlane or a life fountain and heal. There have been times in a long dungeon that mojo got me through ( and yes, I solo ). Life fountains work perfectly for the captain. But I suppose that you're annoyed that you can no longer automatically revive a companion who was defeated in battle, well just learn to adjust your play style, heal them or shield them when necessary or tell them to retreat from a dangerous position.
If the inevitable happens, use another companion ( you are keeping most leveled near your own level, right? )

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
I find the companion wounding system terribly onerous, especially at high levels, but look on the bright side- you can wake up companions and use them even while injured.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It makes you use different companions in combat, it ,asked the game more enjoyable to play, I personally use any companions in PvE and my power arrangements works for both random companions and PvP, Altough certain companions which are terrible like the serpent augur or pets I put on tasks,