Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who's the Father?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
If our father was still alive by some miracle(not saying they are, just saying if), then who would most likely be our father?

What do we know about daddy? Well... not much. We know he's human(if you don't know why, start paying attention in Biology). So that limits the field a lot due to the lack of humans(or, at least the humanoid creatures that live in the Spiral. We're never called "Human").

1. Kane. There is an off chance that Kane might be human, so I figured I'd address it. I hope to the Toymaker he isn't. Then we're looking at the Empire Strikes Back all over again. The only evidence I have to support this is that he doesn't kill you at any time throughout the game when he easily could(I mean he has troops out the ying-yang and an easy way of replacing them). Quite frankly, I just don't think this is logical.

2. Avery. Again, not as much evidence to support this one. The best I've got is his obsession with trying to get the map to El Dorado(which I'm pretty sure every pirate under the sun wants to do) and his willingness to let you stay on the island. His willingness to protect you from the Armada without much in return seems almost fatherly. I get the feeling that if we failed, he'd let us get stronger until we get the amulet back. Again, I find this one unlikely but it is a possibility.

3. Boochbeard. This is our most likely candidate in my opinion. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of information about him since we only see him twice throughout the game, but those 2 times matter. The first time is when he rescues us from the Brig on the Armada's ship. His willingness to risk his life to save us makes him a bit more likely. Then, he knows that we were orphaned. I guess this could be common knowledge considering that our parents had a bit of a reputation and the news of their death would spread like wildfire. However, one of the stronger pieces of evidence is his ability to recognize us simply by physical appearance, not by the cause of our parents' death or our upbringing. After a physical description of ourselves, Mr. Gandry says, "I told you. He/She is the one." How would he know what we looked like before rescuing us, unless Boochbeard had told Mr. Gandry what we looked like? Plus, he's a well travelled pirate, he could've easily gone to any of the worlds e chose to be raised in. He likely asked where we were raised as confirmation that it was us.

So, time for the big one. Why would Boochbeard abandon us? Why wouldn't he raise us himself with our mother? They're pirates. They don't have time to raise a child. So, they left us with somebody they trusted to raise us well, until we could become pirates.

Then, I mentioned we see him again. Well, anybody who has farmed Tyson will know that Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry are watching you fight Tyson. Odd timing that you happen to be there at the same time as them since we've never seen them any other time. Perhaps daddy is watching over his child like a good dad?

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
If our father was still alive by some miracle(not saying they are, just saying if), then who would most likely be our father?

What do we know about daddy? Well... not much. We know he's human(if you don't know why, start paying attention in Biology). So that limits the field a lot due to the lack of humans(or, at least the humanoid creatures that live in the Spiral. We're never called "Human").

1. Kane. There is an off chance that Kane might be human, so I figured I'd address it. I hope to the Toymaker he isn't. Then we're looking at the Empire Strikes Back all over again. The only evidence I have to support this is that he doesn't kill you at any time throughout the game when he easily could(I mean he has troops out the ying-yang and an easy way of replacing them). Quite frankly, I just don't think this is logical.

2. Avery. Again, not as much evidence to support this one. The best I've got is his obsession with trying to get the map to El Dorado(which I'm pretty sure every pirate under the sun wants to do) and his willingness to let you stay on the island. His willingness to protect you from the Armada without much in return seems almost fatherly. I get the feeling that if we failed, he'd let us get stronger until we get the amulet back. Again, I find this one unlikely but it is a possibility.

3. Boochbeard. This is our most likely candidate in my opinion. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of information about him since we only see him twice throughout the game, but those 2 times matter. The first time is when he rescues us from the Brig on the Armada's ship. His willingness to risk his life to save us makes him a bit more likely. Then, he knows that we were orphaned. I guess this could be common knowledge considering that our parents had a bit of a reputation and the news of their death would spread like wildfire. However, one of the stronger pieces of evidence is his ability to recognize us simply by physical appearance, not by the cause of our parents' death or our upbringing. After a physical description of ourselves, Mr. Gandry says, "I told you. He/She is the one." How would he know what we looked like before rescuing us, unless Boochbeard had told Mr. Gandry what we looked like? Plus, he's a well travelled pirate, he could've easily gone to any of the worlds e chose to be raised in. He likely asked where we were raised as confirmation that it was us.

So, time for the big one. Why would Boochbeard abandon us? Why wouldn't he raise us himself with our mother? They're pirates. They don't have time to raise a child. So, they left us with somebody they trusted to raise us well, until we could become pirates.

Then, I mentioned we see him again. Well, anybody who has farmed Tyson will know that Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry are watching you fight Tyson. Odd timing that you happen to be there at the same time as them since we've never seen them any other time. Perhaps daddy is watching over his child like a good dad?

This is one heck of a bizarre theory
1. Kane can't be 'Daddy' because the Armada was formed during the Polarian War. Kane's origins are known by "G" ( who knows how to stop him.) I'm hoping KI will be more original that to copy The Empire Strikes Back.
2.This is more probable and has been suggested to me by my friend Misty Jackson ( it seems great minds do think alike ) Although I lean toward the fact that Avery seems rather elderly to be our father, but he may be our "Gramps"
3.Boochbeard and Gandry found out about an orphan pirate destined to bring down the Armada ( Five BOXES event, W101 ) Perhaps they gained further information from Madame Vadima?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:

I think our father is not an npc atm. He's probably dead, and if he wasn't, he'd probably be a lesser known pirate.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
My pirates already have both parents or should I say had... But the people that don't are probably wondering, who are they? I think it's an entire new character. But, we'll just have to see.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
This is one heck of a bizarre theory
1. Kane can't be 'Daddy' because the Armada was formed during the Polarian War. Kane's origins are known by "G" ( who knows how to stop him.) I'm hoping KI will be more original that to copy The Empire Strikes Back.
2.This is more probable and has been suggested to me by my friend Misty Jackson ( it seems great minds do think alike ) Although I lean toward the fact that Avery seems rather elderly to be our father, but he may be our "Gramps"
3.Boochbeard and Gandry found out about an orphan pirate destined to bring down the Armada ( Five BOXES event, W101 ) Perhaps they gained further information from Madame Vadima?
To be honest, I found it kinda bizarre as I was typing it. It might help if we knew how old our pirates were. I really tried pulling all the stops trying to find evidence for the candidates but there really isn't much. Boochbeard was the best I could think of and even he is a long shot.

Though if Madame Vadima is human, then there could be more humans in Darkmoor. There are likely more potentials there. However, there is simply not enough evidence to say our parents are even alive. This entire theory is almost certainly debunked.

Though imagine how funny it would be if I guessed it right...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, Monsieur Dolan, interesting thoughts, only we know that - unfortunately- both of our parents are dead. This is confirmed several times in game through the dialogue.

As for Kane, I am quite sure he is indeed 'First of the Clockworks'... whatever that exactly may mean, I am quite certain he is not a human in a robot suit, or some sort of cyborg (which furthermore, would not have the lovely 18th C.-ish, 'Age of Pirates' feel that characterizes this game and gives it such a splendid atmosphere)

Avery... I don't think he is father-like at all. We are useful to him, so he will encourage our training and allow us to reside in his pirate's haven, but he has been known to throw us to the wolves when it suits him. "Map? What Map?" is a fine case in point. Presently (that is, level 65) I wouldn't be surprised if he is selling information about us to the Armada (albeit incomplete information) just to keep the Armada off of his back.

As far as Boochbeard goes, I think he is far too old to be dad (and he is, after all, still alive). His and Gandry's questions are more likely a way to try to confirm little snatches of information that the pair have acquired (looking at it from a story perspective, rather than the practicalities of a game)

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
My input on all of this:
(oh btw we are labeled as "human" once, phule calls you that when you first encounter him in bruno chapel)

1. Kane - idk

2. Avery - I can't see him getting romantically involved. I don't mean just because he's like 80. Even when you're a pirate, you shouldn't still be stuck on the habbit of lying 24/7 if you have a wife.

3. Boochbeard - just the guide. I don't think we can have Malistaire married to that narrator lady in Wizard101.

bye i'm gonna go see why the game's going offline tonight
it better be krokotopia
wait no rajah
idc what valencia fans think

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
My input on all of this:
(oh btw we are labeled as "human" once, phule calls you that when you first encounter him in bruno chapel)

1. Kane - idk

2. Avery - I can't see him getting romantically involved. I don't mean just because he's like 80. Even when you're a pirate, you shouldn't still be stuck on the habbit of lying 24/7 if you have a wife.

3. Boochbeard - just the guide. I don't think we can have Malistaire married to that narrator lady in Wizard101.

bye i'm gonna go see why the game's going offline tonight
it better be krokotopia
wait no rajah
idc what valencia fans think
We've been called human twice, then Phule and Jerome the librarian in Monquista City "Human- in my library?"

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
We've been called human twice, then Phule and Jerome the librarian in Monquista City "Human- in my library?"
...very observant...

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013