Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid pets created with "any" pets

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Afternoon.

I know their are hybrids that are created when you combine them with any other pets, for example, combining the reddrum with any other pet to create a grouper.

Is it possible to create another hybrid grouper, by morphing to groupers together? If not, is their another pet that somehow has this capability? In short, I am attempting to reduce how many eggs I need to hatch and feed to get a pet to have all of the abilities I want on it.

I had read in another thread, unfortunately I am having locating it, that Decius Duelmaster replied in, mentioning some hybrids have a chance to hatch another hybrid of itself?

FYI, I have the following pets I am working on combining the talents of:

Adult Tiger Shark
Epics: Rally
Talents: Grants Burst Fire, Scent 1

Adult Hawk
Epics: Rainbow Blessing
Talents: Eagle Eyes 2, Gifted 2 (bleh)

Medicine is making me groggy, hope this makes sense!
Reckless Cedric

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Reckless Cedric on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
Afternoon.

I know their are hybrids that are created when you combine them with any other pets, for example, combining the reddrum with any other pet to create a grouper.

Is it possible to create another hybrid grouper, by morphing to groupers together? If not, is their another pet that somehow has this capability? In short, I am attempting to reduce how many eggs I need to hatch and feed to get a pet to have all of the abilities I want on it.

I had read in another thread, unfortunately I am having locating it, that Decius Duelmaster replied in, mentioning some hybrids have a chance to hatch another hybrid of itself?

FYI, I have the following pets I am working on combining the talents of:

Adult Tiger Shark
Epics: Rally
Talents: Grants Burst Fire, Scent 1

Adult Hawk
Epics: Rainbow Blessing
Talents: Eagle Eyes 2, Gifted 2 (bleh)

Medicine is making me groggy, hope this makes sense!
Reckless Cedric
As far as I know, all hybrids can produce themselves, except Grimtooth Reaper... and maybe another or two, but in general they can.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Silver Angel on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
As far as I know, all hybrids can produce themselves, except Grimtooth Reaper... and maybe another or two, but in general they can.
Cool beans.

Now, would the resulting hatched hybrid have its parents abilities, or would it have them all hidden and just look like a hybrid?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Reckless Cedric on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Cool beans.

Now, would the resulting hatched hybrid have its parents abilities, or would it have them all hidden and just look like a hybrid?
What do you mean by hidden?

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Silver Angel on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
What do you mean by hidden?
If a hybrid pet has a chance of producing itself again, would the newly hatched hybrid have it's parents abilities from the get go, or do you have to train to unlock them?

To forewarn, I haven't got a hybrid before, so I am a little foggy on how exactly they work.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Reckless Cedric on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
If a hybrid pet has a chance of producing itself again, would the newly hatched hybrid have it's parents abilities from the get go, or do you have to train to unlock them?

To forewarn, I haven't got a hybrid before, so I am a little foggy on how exactly they work.
A hybrid shows its talents and powers the same way as a normal pet. They do not automatically unlock. You have to level the pet up to see them.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
A hybrid shows its talents and powers the same way as a normal pet. They do not automatically unlock. You have to level the pet up to see them.
Oki-doki.

I misunderstood the whole process. Never really messed around with it.

So - people hunt down hybrids for looks?