Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beast Master Banner

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
Level of your character:
Level 65

Location where the bug occurred:
Tested fully in Miranda and Moo Manchu Tower

Quest Name (if applicable): N/A

Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable): N/A

Description of the bug:
When the banner is deployed only those beasts which are already present on the playing grid seem to be affected. All creatures which are summoned after the banner is deployed do not have the aura ring, nor do the seem affected by the ability of the banner.
I was lucky enough to find someone else with the banner who was also intrigued by this defect and we tested it for several hours in Miranda. The other player had the Banner from the card packs while I have the Banner from the crown shop allowing us to test if it was just one type of Banner. It appears to be a defect across the concept and not a just one type of Banner. We tested all the combinations we could think of testing with the same results. Being that once the banner is deployed whether beasts are summoned or not they derive no benefit from this banner

How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Every time

Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
I have tested this solo and in groups

If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
group test was a party of 2 and a party of 4

Were you the only one to experience this issue?
No it affects all beasts which are placed on grid by any player

Can you reproduce this bug?
Every time

Is this an intended flaw or a bug? It would seem odd that the Banner would be intended to function this way since the pets summoned by Baar and his other relatives do not appear to receive a benefit from the very Banner included in the packs and sold in crown shop.

If this is intended please respond so that I (we) know that this is the proper functioning of the Banner and we can adjust our style of play as best as possible to take this into account

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crowmagus on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
Level of your character:
Level 65

Location where the bug occurred:
Tested fully in Miranda and Moo Manchu Tower

Quest Name (if applicable): N/A

Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable): N/A

Description of the bug:
When the banner is deployed only those beasts which are already present on the playing grid seem to be affected. All creatures which are summoned after the banner is deployed do not have the aura ring, nor do the seem affected by the ability of the banner.
I was lucky enough to find someone else with the banner who was also intrigued by this defect and we tested it for several hours in Miranda. The other player had the Banner from the card packs while I have the Banner from the crown shop allowing us to test if it was just one type of Banner. It appears to be a defect across the concept and not a just one type of Banner. We tested all the combinations we could think of testing with the same results. Being that once the banner is deployed whether beasts are summoned or not they derive no benefit from this banner

How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Every time

Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
I have tested this solo and in groups

If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
group test was a party of 2 and a party of 4

Were you the only one to experience this issue?
No it affects all beasts which are placed on grid by any player

Can you reproduce this bug?
Every time

Is this an intended flaw or a bug? It would seem odd that the Banner would be intended to function this way since the pets summoned by Baar and his other relatives do not appear to receive a benefit from the very Banner included in the packs and sold in crown shop.

If this is intended please respond so that I (we) know that this is the proper functioning of the Banner and we can adjust our style of play as best as possible to take this into account
It is intended, only those pets, companions, or summons ( that qualify as beasts ) are affected by the banner if they are already on the board when the banner is deployed.
If you want the benefit of the banner make sure those pets and beasts are present before using it.

Ensign
Mar 22, 2010
When attacking the banner while hidden, the hidden ability does not fade, but in the description of the hides like fog or walk in darkness says that "ends when you attack" is this possible?

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2015 wrote:
It is intended, only those pets, companions, or summons ( that qualify as beasts ) are affected by the banner if they are already on the board when the banner is deployed.
If you want the benefit of the banner make sure those pets and beasts are present before using it.
So you are saying that the Beast Master Banner was designed to be of no value to the Beast Master when he brings out any of his summons if it was put out before he brings one or both of his pets out? That does not seem logical. And that is why I asked for an answer from one of the developers.

And yes your summation of my question and notation was very concise.

Thanks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crowmagus on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
So you are saying that the Beast Master Banner was designed to be of no value to the Beast Master when he brings out any of his summons if it was put out before he brings one or both of his pets out? That does not seem logical. And that is why I asked for an answer from one of the developers.

And yes your summation of my question and notation was very concise.

Thanks
It will be of value if his summons are on the board when you use it. As a witchdoctor, you have beast companions, a pet and in a pve situation; doubloon summons ( like the Aquilan Orthrus and Minotaur, they count as beasts ). If you're lucky enough to have the Nefarious Staff which summons scorpions, they will also be affected.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
It will be of value if his summons are on the board when you use it. As a witchdoctor, you have beast companions, a pet and in a pve situation; doubloon summons ( like the Aquilan Orthrus and Minotaur, they count as beasts ). If you're lucky enough to have the Nefarious Staff which summons scorpions, they will also be affected.
Thank You, yes I am familiar with the workings of the staff but there may have been newer players that were not. I did not go into great depth on my testing for the sake of brevity. However;

Parameters
There were two types of staffs tested which both contain the ability of the same name but differ in the degree of buff that beasts receive. Tested on the same creatures, in the same instance, in the same battle location, against the same opponents.

1) Grizzled Heart Banner
Received from the Grizzly Beast Packs. Three stars displayed on the graphic.
It appears this staff may give the largest boost as the boosted ratings were higher by approximately 30% in comparison to the second staff tested.

2) Eye of Ursus BannerReceived from the Crown shop (1500 Crowns) Two stars displayed on the graphic.

3) Bear Claw Banner This banner was NOT tested. No player could be found who had this banner at the time of testing. This has zero stars displayed on the graphic
This item is a confirmed drop from the following following Bosses.
Captain Blood
Nefarious Five (Tower of Moo Manchu)
Troggy Shaman (Skull Mountain)
Water Guardian

4) Companions Used
A) BatacudaWitch doctor only companion. Recieved as the result of a questB) El Tibiron
Crown Shop companion

5) Summoned Animals Used
A) Scorpions
Note It is to be noted that the Eye of Ursus has been tested in the Tower of Moo Manchu on various floors with the following summons and pets. A brief list is provided with the understanding that not all pets will be listed as the list is quite extensive.
Minotaur
Orthrus
Ostrich
Witch doctor Apex Shark
Corrupt Foo Lion
Celestial Dragon
Corrupt Celestial Dragon
Paper Dragon
Laar's summoned pet
Baar's summoned pet

Participants
A) Witch doctor level 65
B) Buccaneer level 65

Staff Usage
A) Both banners were used separately
B) Both banners were used simultaneously
note: The banner with the greater number of stars takes precedent in the usage. The buffing powers do not stack.

{continued}

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
(continuation)

Test Results

A) Companions are affected upon deployment of any banner upon deployment
B) Pets are affected upon deployment of any banner if present when the banner is deployed
C) Pets which are not present upon deployment of any banner receive no benefit
D) Summoned creatures are affected upon deployment of any banner if present when the banner is deployed
E) Summoned creatures which are not present upon deployment of any banner receive no benefit.
F) Given the nature of the Beast Master companion and the other 4 Beast Pack companions they summon their pets at a random time. However it was possible to verify over several days of testing that if the any of the Beast Pack companions summon their pets prior to the deployment of the banner they will be affected. If summoned after deployment they receive no benefit.

And my question still stands to a Developer at Pirate 101. Is this a bug? To have a Beast Master banner which does not affect the summoned pet of a Beast Master whenever the banner is deployed after the summoning by the Beast Master seems to be a flaw which is not logical in its application. Can a Developer please confirm this flawed application of the Banner to intended?