Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

That Female Elite

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
Other pirates, I have a question for you: Other than her gender, do we have any reason to think the female elite is Queen? As far as I know, we've made the assumption entirely based on that one bit of information. Here's the thing though, she might not have what it takes to be the Queen.

Obviously, the elites are based on chess pieces. Rooke, Bishop, and even Deacon are all actual chess piece names. Phule is close enough to pawn that most of us think that's what he is. Kane sounds like King, but I'll get to that in a minute. This leaves two pieces: the knight and the queen (ignoring all the fancy special pieces like Deacon). The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, able to go in any direction as far as she wants. The knight takes a different path than any other piece, jumping over obstacles and moving in ways that are unexpected.

If memory serves, Blind Mew said that the female clockwork would have more information about her revealed soon, and it is relatively safe to ascertain we're going into Valencia soon, so it's likely that is where we will meet, or at least catch a glimpse of, this female clockwork. Mew also said that the next skyway started with the letter C, causing many pirates to believe this will be Cadiz, the center of the Armada's control. Mew has said that the events in Aragorn skyway are very different from other parts of Valencia.

Now, in order to operate as the Armada does without turning the center of their control into a Granchia or Sivella like event, it would take some very crafty maneuvering. You would have to evade threats to continue moving toward your purpose. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. In case you don't, I'm suggesting that perhaps the character we have been referring to as Queen may in fact be based on the Knight instead.

But then, that would mean there isn't a queen? That doesn't seem right. If only there were an Armada elite who was stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than all the other members of the Armada. Oh wait, that's Kane. But that can't be right, because Kane is the king, isn't he? Actually, Kane is only the commander of the Armada, not of Valencia. Technically, there is still a King of Valencia, and it isn't Kane. In fact, based on the fact that the king is a unicorn, he would be much weaker than any of the elites. Just like the King chess piece.

TLDR: I think Queen is actually Knight, and Kane is the Queen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sjosten on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Other pirates, I have a question for you: Other than her gender, do we have any reason to think the female elite is Queen? As far as I know, we've made the assumption entirely based on that one bit of information. Here's the thing though, she might not have what it takes to be the Queen.

Obviously, the elites are based on chess pieces. Rooke, Bishop, and even Deacon are all actual chess piece names. Phule is close enough to pawn that most of us think that's what he is. Kane sounds like King, but I'll get to that in a minute. This leaves two pieces: the knight and the queen (ignoring all the fancy special pieces like Deacon). The queen is the most powerful piece on the board, able to go in any direction as far as she wants. The knight takes a different path than any other piece, jumping over obstacles and moving in ways that are unexpected.

If memory serves, Blind Mew said that the female clockwork would have more information about her revealed soon, and it is relatively safe to ascertain we're going into Valencia soon, so it's likely that is where we will meet, or at least catch a glimpse of, this female clockwork. Mew also said that the next skyway started with the letter C, causing many pirates to believe this will be Cadiz, the center of the Armada's control. Mew has said that the events in Aragorn skyway are very different from other parts of Valencia.

Now, in order to operate as the Armada does without turning the center of their control into a Granchia or Sivella like event, it would take some very crafty maneuvering. You would have to evade threats to continue moving toward your purpose. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. In case you don't, I'm suggesting that perhaps the character we have been referring to as Queen may in fact be based on the Knight instead.

But then, that would mean there isn't a queen? That doesn't seem right. If only there were an Armada elite who was stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than all the other members of the Armada. Oh wait, that's Kane. But that can't be right, because Kane is the king, isn't he? Actually, Kane is only the commander of the Armada, not of Valencia. Technically, there is still a King of Valencia, and it isn't Kane. In fact, based on the fact that the king is a unicorn, he would be much weaker than any of the elites. Just like the King chess piece.

TLDR: I think Queen is actually Knight, and Kane is the Queen.
I completely agree with you! If you would like to read my guesses on the Lady and other Armada, please read my post "Speculations on the Armada".
I believe we already are fighting the 'pawns', these are the standard clockwork units. Phule is something special. There is a version of chess called Jester Chess and it uses an extra piece - the jester ( this is Phule ).
Finally, someone who accords Kane the supreme and most powerful piece on the board!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What about the King being a pawn of the Queen. LOL That sounds like Kane to me.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
You are thinking exactly like I am.

I expect to run into the two knights, the other castle, and more pawns, including Phule, who probably escaped from prison (how did he get in there in the first place?). We will likely meet Bishop again, and this time defeat him. Kane will likely escape and we will face the Queen.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2013
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
You are thinking exactly like I am.

I expect to run into the two knights, the other castle, and more pawns, including Phule, who probably escaped from prison (how did he get in there in the first place?). We will likely meet Bishop again, and this time defeat him. Kane will likely escape and we will face the Queen.
Two battles with the elites at the same time? also we will be going to the castle (probably Cadiz) in the last bit of the game probably.