Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 25, 2013
I am a musketeer level 36 (David Pelton). I want to start another account but I am not sure what to pick.
What class should I pick so that it won't seem boring after being a musketeer?

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
PirateRandomGuy on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I am a musketeer level 36 (David Pelton). I want to start another account but I am not sure what to pick.
I'd say you should max out your musketeer first. They're really fun and fast to play, i actually think they're one of the best pvp classes. If you're looking for an interesting class after musketeer, i'd say anything but Buccaneer or Privateer. Buccaneers have 4 attacks (at level 1, 20, 30 and 65) so you'll mostly be swinging that sword and with no aoe's battles are really slow. Privateers have 3 attacks that are exteremely weak, and only useful for taking enemies out of hiding. Plus, every turn you're pretty much casting a buff, and not attacking yourself, so sitting back and watching your companions do the damage is very boring.
Witchdoctors are really interesting and cool. They have the most powers of any class, almost all of them being attacks with a debuff. It wouldn't be that interesting fighting from a range and not actually attacking yourself, but it's pretty entertaining. They have a load of aoes which deal quite a load of damage, and are tricky, great at surviving and outsmarting enemies, very similar to musketeers.
Finally, swashbucklers are probably the coolest class out there. Their animations are really great, and differ per weapon. They have a load of damage, and it's always cool seeing the enemies attacks miss and miss again. Plus, they're underrated. If the enemy is using leviathan's call, a critical poison (361 with one spooky trained) will take out their health. Actually, a epic critical poison for 5 rounds would deal 1805 damage. Just a poison, not even an attack. The poison animation is pretty cool, you standing there in your battle stance watching your surroundings burn and choke up. They're also the best class at surviving, with 3 hiding powers and the most range for running away. I'd say after you max your musket, make a Swashbuckler .

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 62

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
PirateRandomGuy on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
If you want an interesting class, I'd suggest playing as a buccaneer or swashbuckler. With them, most of the time you can't just sit back and let your companions take all the damage. If you want to have a fun time figuring out a new strategy then these classes are probably the best for you.

If you want to keep a strategy that's relatively similar to your Musketeer's, I'd suggest picking up a Witchdoctor or Privateer. Witchdoctors are sort of like Musketeers in that you have to sit back and let your melee companions take the damage. With Privateers I'd say that for the first couple of levels it would be like playing as a Buccaneer or Swashbuckler, but as you level I think you would sit back more so that you can buff and heal your companions, which is why I consider this class somewhat similar to Musketeers, in that it would be a while before you would rush up to the front line if you chose to buff up your companions.

That's my take on it, but ultimately this is your choice. I hope you have good luck on your next pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
That is hard to say, they are all so wonderful. I loved my witchdoctor, lots of power there. Loved my swashbuckler, lots of grace and damage there. Loved my buccaneer, lots of security there. And my privateer, well that I really love, being able to heal and to help my crew to decimate anyone who threatens us is quite a kick. All the classes are wonderful each on their own way but boring? Never.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Go with the class that best fits your personality and fighting style.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Feb 25, 2013
Ok, I will max out my musketeer first, and then do swashbuckler. Thank you for the replys!