Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

really annoying bumbaloons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
I really don't like how you have to beat 8 of them because they are hard and you can only battle 1 at a time

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I dunno about that. Buffaloons hit pretty hard and frequently and Bumbaloons are even worse.

Most players find themselves making a run to the Life Fountan after every encounter to revive one of their squishies that got pounded into green jello. If Buffaloons /Bumbaloons fixate on one target, it's a good chance they will take that character out in one or two rounds..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TalonDevereaux68 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
I dunno about that. Buffaloons hit pretty hard and frequently and Bumbaloons are even worse.

Most players find themselves making a run to the Life Fountan after every encounter to revive one of their squishies that got pounded into green jello. If Buffaloons /Bumbaloons fixate on one target, it's a good chance they will take that character out in one or two rounds..
Lol . "Pounded into green jello" I love it, lol. You gave me a good giggle there. Thank you.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
I just got to that quest. They're pretty tough. Usually to beat them I'll first gang up on the one bumbaloon, then have my companions spread out and attack them while I hang back and buff them. I've had quite a few close calls, and I lost once. (I got some of my less trained companions there though.) Anyone else have good strategies for them?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i took a real beating when i tried that quest. i lost like six times!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sky Sailor on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
I just got to that quest. They're pretty tough. Usually to beat them I'll first gang up on the one bumbaloon, then have my companions spread out and attack them while I hang back and buff them. I've had quite a few close calls, and I lost once. (I got some of my less trained companions there though.) Anyone else have good strategies for them?
Here is a prior thread that has several good suggestions.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
I hate this quest. Everytime we fight, we take a beating. No matter who I put in there, we end up dead.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I agree

Those Bumbaloons are being absolutely brutal on my companions and my

My Swashbuckler has retired to side quests and will try again at level 26 (level 24 currently)

Ensign
Dec 21, 2013
I also had trouble with this quest in CR, although with enough effort, it is possible. I would try focusing on one at a time, although it's only a suggestion. If you have enough dodge (what Swashbucklers are good for), I think it would be a bit less stressful.

LvL 47 Swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Well they didn't say there the strongest and rarest of there kinda ( hint hint) where theres one per battle and there hard to kill?

Captain
May 13, 2011
i just hate their stingers. it must be painful

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
fyromancer on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I really don't like how you have to beat 8 of them because they are hard and you can only battle 1 at a time
hey i don't blame you i had to hire henchmen for that