Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guide to pvp etiqute.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
(Cross posting from pirate101 central.com).

Guide to pvp etiquite.

Hello and welcome to my guide to pvp etiquite. Here I will list some things to keep in mind when doing pvp. Anyone who does pvp knows that it can get pretty competitive at times and more often than not emotions flare up, so hopefully this guide will teach players some things to keep in mind when pvping against others.

1. Be respectful: Yelling, raging and/or cursing at your teammates and/or enemies doesn't help or solve anything and chances are will only make them perform worse than they normally would. It also makes you look like an immature troll. If you decide to use foul language, you will be reported and you will get in trouble for it as well.

2. Don't be a sore loser/winner: Even though pvp can be pretty competitive at times, most people do it to have fun and as such there's no need to be a sore loser if/when you lose or are losing. Likewise, if you win or are winning, taunting the opponents and/or acting all stuck-up, snooty and just acting like a plain jerk because of it is not needed and just makes you look like a sore winner as well as a jerk (i.e. even if you win or lose, acting like a jerk about it will only make you look bad and make people not want to pvp with or against you as well).

3. Don't be afraid to ask what you did wrong or offer advice to players: Pvp can also be a good learning experience as well as a place to make new friends as well. If you see someone struggling, don't be afraid to offer them advice on how they can do better next time. Likewise if you lose, don't be afraid to ask what you did wrong either, and if your respectful and sincere about it, then chances are you'll get allot more respect and maybe even some new friends as well.

4. Don't flee when your health drops to zero: Even if you drop to zero health, that doesn't mean that the match is an automatic loss. By fleeing you make it more difficult for your teammates to win (not impossible mind-you, just more difficult). Most people carry at least one or two heals in their arsenal, so if you stick around long enough, then chances are that you'll be able to get healed and be able to live to fight another day and help out more in the fight than before.

5. Have fun: Pvp is meant to be a fun activity to do, so there's no point to playing it if you're not gonna have fun while doing it. Just try to do the best you can and try to have fun while doing so, as even if you lose, chances are if you're respectful about your victory or defeat, then maybe you can make some new friends and pick up new strategies as well.

There are more that I can't think of right now and they will be added to this when I do manage to think of them, but for now, I hope this guide was both informative and helpful as well to boot.

Thank you for your time and until we meet again gamers, happy gaming.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Here's some more tips on pvp etiquette.

6. Don't join and then hop off/switch to the other team at the last second: Nothing's more annoying than having someone hop off the sigils and/or switching to the other team at the last possible second, leaving the rest of their team without a member, making the teams un-even while the one who hopped off/switched teams laughs at the un-even teams. If you're gonna hop off and/or switch teams, do it before the last possible second, or just don't bother joining at all if you're gonna hop off/switch teams at the last second and then laugh about it.

7. Don't complain about matches "taking so long": I can't tell you how many times I've seen people complain about some matches "taking so long" when it's already long to begin with. When you're in a pvp match with multiple people, depending on the levels of everyone, naturally the match is gonna take a while to finish, so instead of complaining about it, you can either flee the match ending the "long" match right there or you can stick it out and not complain about it. You could also just not join the match at all if you think it'll take a while, so there's that.

8. Don't say a match is unfair when it was unfair to begin with: Now I know that we all have those matches where they just seem hopeless and that they can be unfun to do, but complaining about it in chat doesn't really do much unfortunately. Just try to do the best you can and maybe you'll be able to win that "unfair" match in a come from behind victory.

9. After a match, make sure to remember to heal up first before starting a new one: I have personally seen many people (usually lower leveled players) go into a fight with little to no health and get instantly obliterated because of it. If you want to at least last long in a fight, then you've got to remember to heal up after every fight. This way you'll be prepared in time for the next fight you do, so there's that.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
flash33 on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
Here's some more tips on pvp etiquette.

6. Don't join and then hop off/switch to the other team at the last second: Nothing's more annoying than having someone hop off the sigils and/or switching to the other team at the last possible second, leaving the rest of their team without a member, making the teams un-even while the one who hopped off/switched teams laughs at the un-even teams. If you're gonna hop off and/or switch teams, do it before the last possible second, or just don't bother joining at all if you're gonna hop off/switch teams at the last second and then laugh about it.

7. Don't complain about matches "taking so long": I can't tell you how many times I've seen people complain about some matches "taking so long" when it's already long to begin with. When you're in a pvp match with multiple people, depending on the levels of everyone, naturally the match is gonna take a while to finish, so instead of complaining about it, you can either flee the match ending the "long" match right there or you can stick it out and not complain about it. You could also just not join the match at all if you think it'll take a while, so there's that.

8. Don't say a match is unfair when it was unfair to begin with: Now I know that we all have those matches where they just seem hopeless and that they can be unfun to do, but complaining about it in chat doesn't really do much unfortunately. Just try to do the best you can and maybe you'll be able to win that "unfair" match in a come from behind victory.

9. After a match, make sure to remember to heal up first before starting a new one: I have personally seen many people (usually lower leveled players) go into a fight with little to no health and get instantly obliterated because of it. If you want to at least last long in a fight, then you've got to remember to heal up after every fight. This way you'll be prepared in time for the next fight you do, so there's that.
I died and went back into another pvp match once at lvl 40