Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thx 4 NOT Adding the Gifting Option

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2010
With gifting(as on W101) comes issues and problems nobody wants so thx so much for not adding that to this Pirates. Thx also for NOT adding new worlds or new levels at the rapid rate as was done on W101. There will always be "bored" players and even if you added a million new features, levels, etc, they'll still be bored. I no longer play W101 due to all the issues and too many changes. If the same issues arise on Pirate101, I will no longer pay to play this either. So thx once again for NOT making too many changes to this game that's good as is. New levels(if any) shouldn't be added for anytime soon. I'd like to see level 50 gear and new bosses that drop high level gear.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
With a new game there comes a new world... There is no avoiding new content, it's how a game payed monthly makes money when players become bored. However, I do agree on the fact that Wizard101 was advancing with new worlds far too fast to where these worlds hardly had as much detail as the first five.

Gifting, personally, should be only an option to friends. Not to random people. So if you wanna gift you have to at least add them (Even though people will yell "Add me, gift me, delete me!). I personally think gifting is a cool feature but needs limits...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Eh...
I'm not particularly partial to gifting but I think it's a good feature. When people start yelling in the hubs "Gift me! Gift me!" yes it's an annoying and honestly desperate (on their part) sight. So if they do end up adding gifting, don't be mad or anything. The good thing about this game is you can seperate yourself as far from people as you'd like (I'm in Cool Ranch and I see a very small amount of players. I've seen my brother's in Mooshu and it's almost nonexist like Avalon in Wizard101. I don't expect many to reach El Dorado. But that's just me)

The thing about Wizard101 and Pirate101 is (as you should know) They are completely different games!
Pirate101's world are much more spread out and larger then Wizard101's worlds (which are typically one big circular world). It would take them longer to make up the Skyways, the quests, dialogue, not to mention, the Companions etc., etc. Pirate101 has learned from all of Wizard101 mistakes and has four years of gaming experience from Kingsisle to back it up. So after like 8 worlds in Wizard101, Pirate101 would, of course, be more appealing to most with everything pretty on point.

For what ever reason Wizard101's world have gaps, leaps, or come "too fast", that is that's team map out and hiddened reasoning. Maybe they plan to go back and fill in all the gaps with side worlds later on (we surely have enough mentioned worlds) Wizard101 expansions typically come 6-8 months between each other over the years. Limitting them to get 2-3 worlds out a year. This doesn't surprise me as I still play Wizard101 (and am content with all worlds, even Celestia-Azteca) and I've grown very used to how they manage things.

Anyway this is a fairly new came and we still have more to see as the years go on. Whatever happens, in either game, I'm positive it is for the better!

See you in the Spiral!

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
QtJeremy on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
With gifting(as on W101) comes issues and problems nobody wants so thx so much for not adding that to this Pirates. Thx also for NOT adding new worlds or new levels at the rapid rate as was done on W101. There will always be "bored" players and even if you added a million new features, levels, etc, they'll still be bored. I no longer play W101 due to all the issues and too many changes. If the same issues arise on Pirate101, I will no longer pay to play this either. So thx once again for NOT making too many changes to this game that's good as is. New levels(if any) shouldn't be added for anytime soon. I'd like to see level 50 gear and new bosses that drop high level gear.
ok i got a proble with the whole "you shouldnt make any updates any time soon cause if so i will stop paying".
Cause your just one person who will stop paying, KI wont care! they have an army ,pretty much, of kids who pay for this game every day and every second, and half of them will stop paying if no expansion is added REAL soon cause it will get to boring, and ya there will always be "bored" plays but there will also be new players who the creaters cant wait for to get to lvl 50 cause they will get up set. I mean really you can stop the world cause you havent gotten to lvl 50 in time for the expansion. My friend from real is only lvl 25 and i am lvl 50, and she isnt that upset for the game being expanded supposably tomorrow 2/18/13 and i will be going to the new world with out her. So no offense but you CAN and WILL get over it if they expand the game any time soon or add gifting.

Amanda Xavier- Level 50 Swashbuckler

PEACE