Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about the 4 banned Powers.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
Hi. I am relatively new to the PvP Scene, and, from the experience I have had so far, enjoy the Spar Chamber much better than the actual Brawlin' Hall. I know, that at least in the Brawlin' Hall, the power's, Blood Flames, Frozen Tide, Infernal Wave, and Charm (as well as the Charming Gaze talent, granted by the Masque of the Lotus) but are these Power's also banned in the Spar Chamber? I'm sure someone on these helpful board's has an answer ^.^
Thank's in advance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheBananaBro on May 2, 2016 wrote:
Hi. I am relatively new to the PvP Scene, and, from the experience I have had so far, enjoy the Spar Chamber much better than the actual Brawlin' Hall. I know, that at least in the Brawlin' Hall, the power's, Blood Flames, Frozen Tide, Infernal Wave, and Charm (as well as the Charming Gaze talent, granted by the Masque of the Lotus) but are these Power's also banned in the Spar Chamber? I'm sure someone on these helpful board's has an answer ^.^
Thank's in advance!
Nothing is banned in the Spar Chamber - not even doubloons! But sometimes competitors will make their own "rules of engagement" - find out what the rules are before you join.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
Ah, thank you very much for the speedy reply, and for clarifying that for me!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
anecorbie on May 2, 2016 wrote:
Nothing is banned in the Spar Chamber - not even doubloons! But sometimes competitors will make their own "rules of engagement" - find out what the rules are before you join.
Actually, those powers that he mentioned are now "PVE only" and dont work in any type of PVP, both in rank and sparring hall. Doubloons, however, are allowed in the sparring hall like you said.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on May 2, 2016 wrote:
That is incorrect actually.

Me and Alex Deathflame tested this during test realm and again in live realm when this was updated the same bans apply for pvp in general, house, spar or ranked. It does not matter where but as long as you're competing in Player vs Player combat none of the 3 banned powers will show up in your power bar during the match but you will still be allowed to use the item itself for stats and charming gaze talent will also be disabled thou you may still use the item or pet (thou it would be like not using an eye patch and a wasted pet talent slot).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on May 3, 2016 wrote:
That is incorrect actually.

Me and Alex Deathflame tested this during test realm and again in live realm when this was updated the same bans apply for pvp in general, house, spar or ranked. It does not matter where but as long as you're competing in Player vs Player combat none of the 3 banned powers will show up in your power bar during the match but you will still be allowed to use the item itself for stats and charming gaze talent will also be disabled thou you may still use the item or pet (thou it would be like not using an eye patch and a wasted pet talent slot).
Really? When did this happen? I recall seeing one of your videos where the Witchdoctor you were sparring with used Blood Flames. ( Not saying you're wrong, I'm just interested when this changed. )

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
anecorbie on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Really? When did this happen? I recall seeing one of your videos where the Witchdoctor you were sparring with used Blood Flames. ( Not saying you're wrong, I'm just interested when this changed. )
Probably do have a video on that but it was most likely before ranked pvp was launched. After ranked pvp went into effect so did the power ban, that's why no one ever brings up Moo Boots as an idea in general because they're not allowed XD