Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"A Fishy Business" maintenance thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy! I've some thoughts about doing maintenance to that quest. Listen.

1. While talking to Trader Tahi, the camera should focus on him while he says his lines, "Market is open again! You have goods? We will trade. Oh, you looking for someone?" & "Rat? Long story. Ask Chief Omurtu about that.". & Bonnie Anne while she says her line, "Rat pirate? Ye don't think he means Ratbeard, do ye?".

2. While talking to Hunter Raku, the camera should focus on him while he says his line, "Fisherbird - he who lives on the back of the Whale. He is my friend. You seek him? He was here for market.". Also, there should be some sound effects about Norville in his own struggle with other pirates added while he says, "I saw Fisherbird leave - was in boat with many Pirates. Was waving arms and yelling. Looked happy. Boat sailed to Skull Island.".

3. Once reaching the destination in Skull Island, the MooShu 5's lines & the Kraken Skull 5's lines should all be changed from dialogue boxes to dialogue pop-ups, E.G, Kobe Yojimbo, "Norville is here somewhere. But where?" & Barnabus, "I know! Skinny Pete in the Kraken Skulls! He'll know!".

4. While talking to Skinny Pete, the camera should focus on him while he says his line, "Pelican? How should I know? Go ask Blind Mew. That old cat has an ear to every keyhole on this island!".

5. While talking to Blind Mew, the camera should focus on him while he says his line, "We meet again. May I be of more assistance? I've been standing here awhile - I know everyone who's come and gone.".

Extra request: After Chief Omurtu said, "My people praise you, Captain, and I thank you. You have restored my people's honor. In friendship, I offer you our greatest treasure: a Mojo Potion.", I ask that you should cut out Chief Omurtu's second line, "My Ancestors smile upon you." to Musketeers, Buccaneers, Witchdoctors & Swashbucklers, but leave that line intact for Privateers only once Nanu Nanu said his own extra dialogue line, "Sky Captain, you are seeking Ratbeard for some revenge, yes? I will come with you to help - together, we shall punish this traitor!". That way, Omurtu saying that mentioned second line to Nanu Nanu may make it a bit more exclusive.

Those are the thoughts about doing maintenance to that quest, & placing in an extra request there. Hope that gets done soon. Thanks!