Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Here's an idea everyone can like.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Being able to choose between bedrest and the old companion dying system. So people that are fine with bedrest can have it. While people like me. Who don't like it can be happy with mojo potions and life fountains. Cause there are some who like bedrest. And some who do not. And they most CERTAINLY can not remove it. Cause like I said, most people like it. Also before you say. If you got scrapper for a companion. You will get a refund. But if you switch it back to bedrest. That talent will be back to scrapper. So next august. I would like to see this happen as part of the update

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sorry, but I don't agree. There needs to be some balance between power and consequences -- making the game too easy is NOT a good thing, and giving people too many choices to toggle on and off just leads to confusion. Look at Fast Combat.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
darkmoordude on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
Being able to choose between bedrest and the old companion dying system. So people that are fine with bedrest can have it. While people like me. Who don't like it can be happy with mojo potions and life fountains. Cause there are some who like bedrest. And some who do not. And they most CERTAINLY can not remove it. Cause like I said, most people like it. Also before you say. If you got scrapper for a companion. You will get a refund. But if you switch it back to bedrest. That talent will be back to scrapper. So next august. I would like to see this happen as part of the update
Coding that in would delay any sort of update for months and months and months. We've already waited way too long for substantive updates in P101.

Sorry. I can't like this idea because of the ramifications for the coding and what that would do to an already irritating (lack of) update schedule.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, but I don't agree. There needs to be some balance between power and consequences -- making the game too easy is NOT a good thing, and giving people too many choices to toggle on and off just leads to confusion. Look at Fast Combat.
Actually. I struggled WAY more when it was mojo potions and life fountains. So it's not Too easy

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
Coding that in would delay any sort of update for months and months and months. We've already waited way too long for substantive updates in P101.

Sorry. I can't like this idea because of the ramifications for the coding and what that would do to an already irritating (lack of) update schedule.
Well, why else do you think I am switching to wizard?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you got this option, then I don't think you should have the ability to send companions on tasks and you'll be back to benching only 3 companions - remember, there's a trade off for everything.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It's a waste of time

Which would you prefer? Choosing the easy way out with the old system as an update or new adventures and books for an update

Either way bed rest makes the game more realistic and gives consequences to losing, when you lose a battle you spawn at a life fountain so there is no consequence, sorry but I like the suggestion but not the idea

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
If you got this option, then I don't think you should have the ability to send companions on tasks and you'll be back to benching only 3 companions - remember, there's a trade off for everything.
Yeah. I meant the old companion system. It's a choice. Bedrest is easier. I just prefer the old system.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
Actually. I struggled WAY more when it was mojo potions and life fountains. So it's not Too easy
How so?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
How so?
Then: Ugh... Rounding up blue yum is so hard. ( 1 Eternity later ) Yeah! I can go fight that guy! * 5 companions die * ( The process repeats )

Now: Oh yeah Troy. I can't wait to- * My well trained and over max level companions die * I will do it later... * Throws gold at Miracle Mitch then takes whatever he uses to revive them * * Wins dungeon * WOO.

If anything. I'd say bedrest is easier.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
personally i think bedrest is fine.. never knew the old sustem and you can revive a companion if necessary with a bandaid and for gold XD when i did bat mastersons aquilan promotion had so many bandaids lolol actually as hard as the cool ranch aquilan quest was to solo kinda bummed they didnt get at least one more epic and/or another spell card appropriate to their school..
stormy jen silver

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
personally i think bedrest is fine.. never knew the old sustem and you can revive a companion if necessary with a bandaid and for gold XD when i did bat mastersons aquilan promotion had so many bandaids lolol actually as hard as the cool ranch aquilan quest was to solo kinda bummed they didnt get at least one more epic and/or another spell card appropriate to their school..
stormy jen silver
I had to find a guy to help me with 30% of Aquila