Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My WDs and bird pirates are feeling unloved

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
In the grand order of things, each of my pirates is responsible for keeping track of a certain group of pets. One gets mammals, one gets fish, one gets herpetofauna, one gets inverts and one gets birds. Witchdoctors always get the undead/non-living pets (li'l labor golem, clockwork spider, mechanical owl, etc.). The doughty lads and lasses responsible for fish, mammals, amphibians & reptiles, and the invertebrate crew are awash in pets. Many, many different types of snakes, bunnies, cats, lizards, sharks.... On the other hand, poor witchdoctors have a couple of skeletal critters, a ghost, a wind-up spider and a clockwork owl. They feel unloved, as do the pirates who are assigned the birds (hawk, ostrich, fandango and quackosaurus, as well as the few hybrid forms we've found from them). They're begging me to find them more of the types of pets they get to take care of.

Please note that class-specific pets, such as the swashbuckler raptor, go with the pirate of that class, and are exempt from the grand sorting. So my avian and non-living pet pirates feel under-appreciated and very unloved.

Cunning Esmee is getting very grumpy from lack of new pets to play with. She keeps giving those adorable new cat cubs of Tavia's the side-eye. Jamie Silver refuses to share his snacks until he gets something new to train, and Malik Ire has taken to sidling up to the various mammals and making comments about what an interestingly shaped skull they have, and wouldn't they like to be rid of all that excess flesh? The bird pirates are running about with pots of glue and paper wings and beaks, trying to corner pets and make them look like birds.

Please, Decius, could you and your partners in crime (and appropriate minions) find some way to make these poor pirates have some pets to play with too?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
In the grand order of things, each of my pirates is responsible for keeping track of a certain group of pets. One gets mammals, one gets fish, one gets herpetofauna, one gets inverts and one gets birds. Witchdoctors always get the undead/non-living pets (li'l labor golem, clockwork spider, mechanical owl, etc.). The doughty lads and lasses responsible for fish, mammals, amphibians & reptiles, and the invertebrate crew are awash in pets. Many, many different types of snakes, bunnies, cats, lizards, sharks.... On the other hand, poor witchdoctors have a couple of skeletal critters, a ghost, a wind-up spider and a clockwork owl. They feel unloved, as do the pirates who are assigned the birds (hawk, ostrich, fandango and quackosaurus, as well as the few hybrid forms we've found from them). They're begging me to find them more of the types of pets they get to take care of.

Please note that class-specific pets, such as the swashbuckler raptor, go with the pirate of that class, and are exempt from the grand sorting. So my avian and non-living pet pirates feel under-appreciated and very unloved.

Cunning Esmee is getting very grumpy from lack of new pets to play with. She keeps giving those adorable new cat cubs of Tavia's the side-eye. Jamie Silver refuses to share his snacks until he gets something new to train, and Malik Ire has taken to sidling up to the various mammals and making comments about what an interestingly shaped skull they have, and wouldn't they like to be rid of all that excess flesh? The bird pirates are running about with pots of glue and paper wings and beaks, trying to corner pets and make them look like birds.

Please, Decius, could you and your partners in crime (and appropriate minions) find some way to make these poor pirates have some pets to play with too?
Lol funny, ( and a little bit creepy ). "say, how would you like to get rid of all that flesh? " Do dragons count as herpetofauna?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sounds like an interesting method... Have you hatched for the various hybrid types? I noticed you didn't mention the clocktopus or Skull Island Macaw. Those weren't very hard to get...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
Lol funny, ( and a little bit creepy ). "say, how would you like to get rid of all that flesh? " Do dragons count as herpetofauna?
Dragons are herps, although Jamie is making a fairly convincing argument that paper dragons aren't really alive. Seriously. They catches fire when you stick a torch at them, see?

Willowydream, I have the SI macaws from both the raptors and the skarakeet. The skarakeets are both active pets,so my bird guy on that account doesn't get them (and is he snarked!). The Macaws aren't as pretty, and the various budgies (rainforest, caroling, storm) all look pretty much alike and thus don't count.

I have a clocktopus. Just didn't bother to mention it, same as the Grimtooth Reaper. The WDs argue, fairly reasonably, that it's still far fewer than the others, especially the herps and furries.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Dragons are herps, although Jamie is making a fairly convincing argument that paper dragons aren't really alive. Seriously. They catches fire when you stick a torch at them, see?

Willowydream, I have the SI macaws from both the raptors and the skarakeet. The skarakeets are both active pets,so my bird guy on that account doesn't get them (and is he snarked!). The Macaws aren't as pretty, and the various budgies (rainforest, caroling, storm) all look pretty much alike and thus don't count.

I have a clocktopus. Just didn't bother to mention it, same as the Grimtooth Reaper. The WDs argue, fairly reasonably, that it's still far fewer than the others, especially the herps and furries.
love this thread.. creative cute funny... well if decius had ever made some of my "new pet ideas" thread i had suggested.. would you have counted cotton candy cloud, tumbleweed, patchwork teddy bear, and paper lion in the undead/nonliving category?
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Hmmmm... Tumbleweeds are plants, but the dead shoot section of the plant, so they'd defo count as non-living. Paper lion would be in with the mammals the same way the paper dragons are in with the herps. Teddy bear would need to be with mammals, probably, unless Esmee or Jamie made a very convincing argument that they are, indeed, inanimate.

Hmmm...