Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor criticals

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I was talking to my friend the other day Golden Ryan Thompson and he was discussing an idea he thought would be interesting. A power called mojo shot. It's a long range critical hit power for witchdoctors. Since melee and Musketeers have a critical shot it would be interesting if witchdoctors had a similar option. The animation would be similar to the mojo bolt given by the doubloons.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Witchdoctors are the spooky and hoodoo class. Long range spells are a signature line of powers for witches. In my opinion, giving them a critical long ranged power would be odd. The class is based upon turning the tables for their enemies. This could be AoE hits that devastate a team, critical debuff powers, a slowing power, a line of reduce spellpower powers (lol), and purge as well as the debuff purge from Bishop's goggles. Also, they can add walking range to allies and along with a few extra abilities. A critical long ranged power seems out of place, as they already have long range powers, that can critical with luck and do over time damage. In conclusion, this is MY opinion, so don't get your hooks in a knot, Kingsisle may very well implement your idea of "Witchdoctor Criticals".

Fair Sailing Land Lubber

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
I was talking to my friend the other day Golden Ryan Thompson and he was discussing an idea he thought would be interesting. A power called mojo shot. It's a long range critical hit power for witchdoctors. Since melee and Musketeers have a critical shot it would be interesting if witchdoctors had a similar option. The animation would be similar to the mojo bolt given by the doubloons.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I think it would be cool, yet I don't think it would be used much since Witchdoctors usually have a power to use every turn.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Giving Witchdoctor companion units their equivalent to the guaranteed critical hit attacks would be nice to have. There are so many Witchdoctor companion units that so deserved their equivalent to be added to their power rosters, like Old Scratch, E.G.