Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Double dipping cloak!? Question for Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
When winning becomes equivalent to OP then you may have a point. However you are literally stating that swashbuckler is OP because swashbucklers can duel at the top levels of PvP. Is witchdoctor now overpowered because Quentin can win at the top levels of PvP? How about muskets because of Zane? Bucaneers because of Technomage? Privateers because of Walker?

As for me I have been winning with swashbuckler when it was the lowest tier class against Privateers which had the largest extended marigin over every other class at the lvl 50 cap. I have been PvPing since Pirate 101's inception of PvP. In fact I took a hiatus from PvP and went over to become one of the acknowledged best Storm 1v1 PvPers in the meta when storm was/is garbage tier 1v1 school. As for wanting the status quo; Here is an article by me asking for ways to address Black Fog when it initially came out ; Black Fog. If I see something as overpowered I will NOT hesitate to call it out. As is right now I see swashbuckler as a well balanced class. Witchdoctors do need another minor buff(simply giving them back charm would put them on the same level imo) but Swashbucklers do not need a nerf.
I am glad you mentioned things about black fog. But as for me the nerf's I choose aren't that big. I specifically choose not to attack black fog because I agree that a black fog nerf would be too big. (I dont just attack bucklers. I have supported their statements as well about that being their main move and needing it to be able to compete.) And I choose not to attack fog with everyone else because I dont want to cripple a buckler.

But these are 2 things where I DO think they are over powered and as you said I am speaking up about them. They are NOT, HUGE changes either. With poison, A player can still poison...but before or after you strike. And all the other benefits (other than immunity to resist can remain). As for purge, it SHOULD be something only witches are allowed to use. I think everyone having and using it on top of cloak is unfair to witches and gives bucklers an over powered advantage by making their black fog WAY more effective than it should be. Leave fog as it is bucklers need it...but dont power it up even further! That's all I am saying. Those 2 things aren't really that huge. If they are fixed then I will agree. Buckler will indeed become a balanced school.

As for witches. I would like them to have more boosts. Fact is once their scratch buffs are used up they are kinda over exposed. And with everyone else being able to summon too their summons are kinda cheapened a little. But letting their charm back in is a very acceptable suggestion imo. I like the mojo tide idea and boosting up their companions too but your suggestion is good as well. But like with charm, purge should be WITCH PIRATES ONLY. No charm masks (a rare and difficult drop) or charming pets are allowed, just the one charm the witch has trained. Same with purge, no purge clothing...just the one purge the witch has trained is allowed.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Closing this discussion as it is no longer constructive.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*