Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP exclusive powers

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
While in a heated debate with a friend over the definition of tanks in a different game he believing one is only a tank if they take damage for the team where as i believing a tank can be anything that stops damage from hitting ones team as long as they have 100% aggro, and while arguing this a few pvp exclusive powers only available to the elite of pvp such as champs perhaps an elite trainer could hand those out to those worthy of such powers

High stakes- 50% to dodge all attacks for 1-3 rounds, abilities and basic attacks, if the abilities and attacks land they do double damage but if they miss they instead do their own damage to the attacker

Lockdown- infinite range stun (this stun is special, they cant move or attack unlike the usual stun where they can basic attack and move) for 1-3 rounds

Disheartening Strike- 50% to land an attack reduces all enemies damage in a 4x4 square around the target that reduces damage by 20% for 5 rounds, if it misses attacker takes 600 true damage meaning it penetrates shields

Stunlock- stuns one enemy permanently until they take damage, this cannot be used on the last opponent

Soul swap- swaps health between 2 allies or yourself and an ally, Example: i have 2 health left, shen has 2700, i use it and now i have 2700 and shen now has 2

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
While in a heated debate with a friend over the definition of tanks in a different game he believing one is only a tank if they take damage for the team where as i believing a tank can be anything that stops damage from hitting ones team as long as they have 100% aggro, and while arguing this a few pvp exclusive powers only available to the elite of pvp such as champs perhaps an elite trainer could hand those out to those worthy of such powers

High stakes- 50% to dodge all attacks for 1-3 rounds, abilities and basic attacks, if the abilities and attacks land they do double damage but if they miss they instead do their own damage to the attacker

Lockdown- infinite range stun (this stun is special, they cant move or attack unlike the usual stun where they can basic attack and move) for 1-3 rounds

Disheartening Strike- 50% to land an attack reduces all enemies damage in a 4x4 square around the target that reduces damage by 20% for 5 rounds, if it misses attacker takes 600 true damage meaning it penetrates shields

Stunlock- stuns one enemy permanently until they take damage, this cannot be used on the last opponent

Soul swap- swaps health between 2 allies or yourself and an ally, Example: i have 2 health left, shen has 2700, i use it and now i have 2700 and shen now has 2
Oh yeah great idea, Robert. Make Champions ( already the best with the best gear ) even more powerful, leaving the rest of us ( who are still learning and improving ) in the dust. Or as you would have it - mashed, masticated & mutilated by powers no one but Champions can gain.
I, for one, believe that a power that is exclusive to PVP should be open to all who compete.
Unfair and OP describes these powers.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I agree with you Zuto on the definition of a "tank". Taking damage for someone (i.e. Loud) is only a portion of being a tank.

For example, I consider a Swashbuckler running Gallant Defense to qualify as a tank.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Oh yeah great idea, Robert. Make Champions ( already the best with the best gear ) even more powerful, leaving the rest of us ( who are still learning and improving ) in the dust. Or as you would have it - mashed, masticated & mutilated by powers no one but Champions can gain.
I, for one, believe that a power that is exclusive to PVP should be open to all who compete.
Unfair and OP describes these powers.
At champ ive mostly seen the people ive been fighting the same people i have been for 2 years now, these powers would certainly spice up the matches up at champ again and theyd be champ exclusive meaning once the season resets they are unusable until you reach champ again and at that point if your fighting a champ and your not one odds are your gonna lose so these powers arent op because when you can use them your fighting others with them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
At champ ive mostly seen the people ive been fighting the same people i have been for 2 years now, these powers would certainly spice up the matches up at champ again and theyd be champ exclusive meaning once the season resets they are unusable until you reach champ again and at that point if your fighting a champ and your not one odds are your gonna lose so these powers arent op because when you can use them your fighting others with them
Not everyone has dedicated themselves to PVP; and even though I have enjoyed it, well, it's not really something I could do for hours at a time everyday.
I still believe your powers are too exclusive and OP.
Don't forget the new season is coming and the Champions will have their summer season weapons and new pets they've trained ( possibly with Charming Gaze, once the ban has been lifted. )
When the story update comes there will be new bosses and new gear to add to the mix.
Crafting, too, would have an impact on PVP.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Not everyone has dedicated themselves to PVP; and even though I have enjoyed it, well, it's not really something I could do for hours at a time everyday.
I still believe your powers are too exclusive and OP.
Don't forget the new season is coming and the Champions will have their summer season weapons and new pets they've trained ( possibly with Charming Gaze, once the ban has been lifted. )
When the story update comes there will be new bosses and new gear to add to the mix.
Crafting, too, would have an impact on PVP.
none of them are nearly as op as robe was(ridiculous nerf 200 will and 300 spell power only 2 terrors come on ki!) and yea they are exclusive, not everything is meant for everyone, the weapons for champs is exclusive enough for you but i say more is needed to spice up the higher levels of play

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

For that first paragraph, I think that a tank is both... Just saying.

Also, for your pvp power ideas, there are too many that take health away from the person that is attacking. This isn't wizard101! There's honestly too many of those types of attacks in w101.. However, I do like Stun lock. Soul swap has potential, but maybe there should be a small (ish) difference?

For example, swap health between you and on of your opponents. Eh? Eh??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
none of them are nearly as op as robe was(ridiculous nerf 200 will and 300 spell power only 2 terrors come on ki!) and yea they are exclusive, not everything is meant for everyone, the weapons for champs is exclusive enough for you but i say more is needed to spice up the higher levels of play
How about you make these powers attainable by rank? Say every two ranks you rise, you get to train a new power? That way, it rewards those who PVP, yet is available to most players before Champion rank. (Which should have the most powerful talents/powers )

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Seriously, what would be the point behind PVP exclusive powers? Is it so when you reach a rank you have more of an edge and ability to keep that rank?

Is it an incentive to do rank PVP, even though these powers are exclusive only in PvP, but then, would that not also unbalance pvp even more? What is the ultimate goal here, reading through the descriptions, it is obviously not to help equalize pvp.

Just curious as to your whole thought process on this.

DarthJT

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Darth JT on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
Seriously, what would be the point behind PVP exclusive powers? Is it so when you reach a rank you have more of an edge and ability to keep that rank?

Is it an incentive to do rank PVP, even though these powers are exclusive only in PvP, but then, would that not also unbalance pvp even more? What is the ultimate goal here, reading through the descriptions, it is obviously not to help equalize pvp.

Just curious as to your whole thought process on this.

DarthJT
considering i said they would only be available to those who currently have champion rank meaning once the season resets they are locked until you reached champ again like when you have shooty powers but only a melee weapon on, and it wouldnt be unbalanced since only champs can use it and only against other champs who can use it

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
For that first paragraph, I think that a tank is both... Just saying.

Also, for your pvp power ideas, there are too many that take health away from the person that is attacking. This isn't wizard101! There's honestly too many of those types of attacks in w101.. However, I do like Stun lock. Soul swap has potential, but maybe there should be a small (ish) difference?

For example, swap health between you and on of your opponents. Eh? Eh??
now that would be op, i could let myself go down to 100 health then swap for my full health enemy and gg.

we dont have powers besides reckless that take away health from the pirate i believe so i think we need a few more trade offs like this

Bosun
May 10, 2010
zuto4011a on Sep 18, 2015 wrote:
considering i said they would only be available to those who currently have champion rank meaning once the season resets they are locked until you reached champ again like when you have shooty powers but only a melee weapon on, and it wouldnt be unbalanced since only champs can use it and only against other champs who can use it
First, you call the game too easy, but in PVP, you have real opponents that can think, act, and use a strategy, but yet, you want more skills to try and stack odds in ones favor? What is wrong with the skills and talents we have now? Are they not good enough that PVP requires its own special talents and powers? I thought that was what the PVP weapons were for, how are those not good enough?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Darth JT on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
First, you call the game too easy, but in PVP, you have real opponents that can think, act, and use a strategy, but yet, you want more skills to try and stack odds in ones favor? What is wrong with the skills and talents we have now? Are they not good enough that PVP requires its own special talents and powers? I thought that was what the PVP weapons were for, how are those not good enough?
Like i said ive been fighting the same people at champ that i have been for 2 years now, sure emmet was a cool thing but he kinda is a liability once he uses his reduce and super, the summer champ weapons are slightly lame, it gets boring at champ fighting people with no new surprises, champ exlcusive powers make the pvp in this game not such a grind when fighting someone for the 200th time