Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Raven's cry on Witchdoctors

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
I know this is a minor complaint, but is there a reason why you do not gain any epics if you use this on a witchdoctor? It kind of makes it needed to have a melee/ranged character if we want to make full use of this, and considering WDs are make to chain well to themselves, I don't really know why this power does not give a WD intuition and counterspell, unless it was made so that we couldn't be selfish about it(yet WDs are usually pretty selfish )

Edit: I did recently check, and if a hybrid weapon is used, you will be granted the epics that are non staffy(FS and Riposte on a melee/staffy hybrid, QD and RF for a shooty/staffy weapon)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
I know this is a minor complaint, but is there a reason why you do not gain any epics if you use this on a witchdoctor? It kind of makes it needed to have a melee/ranged character if we want to make full use of this, and considering WDs are make to chain well to themselves, I don't really know why this power does not give a WD intuition and counterspell, unless it was made so that we couldn't be selfish about it(yet WDs are usually pretty selfish )

Edit: I did recently check, and if a hybrid weapon is used, you will be granted the epics that are non staffy(FS and Riposte on a melee/staffy hybrid, QD and RF for a shooty/staffy weapon)
Doesn't this give the WD readied spell and mojo echo? And if the WD is using a combo weapon either over watch or first strike?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
Doesn't this give the WD readied spell and mojo echo? And if the WD is using a combo weapon either over watch or first strike?
Raven's Cry Gives First Strike +1 and Riposte +1 to melee units, On musket it grants Quick Draw +1 and Return Fire +1. I would have to try out this on a hybrid weapon, however there should be something for regular WDs too :P. This power currently does not give WDs anything(except the +2 movement) if used on them :(

I just tested this right before I typed this in, so as of current Raven's cry does not give epics on staffy users.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ahoy pirates

I love this power and I use it a lot on my melee companions to give them first strike 3 from first strike 2 and riposte 3 from riposte 2

I have used this on not only myself but on other witchdoctor companions such as Mormo and old scratch.
For no witchdoctor does it give intuition and counter spell or any sort of epics for that matter it just gives bonus movement

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:

Apparently this is intentional. Not sure why. Maybe it's because the witchdoctor class' epics aren't trainable/common unlike a musketeer's or the swashbuckler epics.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
Apparently this is intentional. Not sure why. Maybe it's because the witchdoctor class' epics aren't trainable/common unlike a musketeer's or the swashbuckler epics.
Well, Intuition was not so common for a very long time. If it wasn't for the Juju Doubloon, before it was common I thought it never existed, and I thought that was the reason. Counterspell is rarely used, however it can be trained on some companions. I'm not really so sure on why it would be intentional, except to hinder staffy users

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
the new update a few days ago gave you stuff when you used it on witchdocters.
enjoy.