Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloons and Scrip

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 19, 2012
How do you get doubloons? I had them and now I haven't had any in a long time. Did they stop?

What is scrip? Where do spend it? What kinds of things can you get?

Help!!!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
You get doubloons by opening group plunder chests, although you can get the pet related ones from the Grizzly Beast pack.

Scrip comes from ship battles (for the most part). Beat up ships (bosses are best) as far from Skull Island as you can get to increase the odds of a drop. Be warned though, the drops are rare and often small. You can spend the scrip in the black market (the room to the right of the bazaar) once you've talked to whozit and gotten your first scrip present (which is the most you'll get in one go outside of the smuggler's arena, which is a crowns purchased addendum to your house, where you'll get smeared to floor goo in exchange for a little scrip).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FearlessRowan on May 16, 2015 wrote:
How do you get doubloons? I had them and now I haven't had any in a long time. Did they stop?

What is scrip? Where do spend it? What kinds of things can you get?

Help!!!
Doubloons are found in Group Plunder Chests scattered throughout the Spiral, you can also find them in dungeons if you group with other players.
Scrip is a new currency used in the Black Market ( did you get the quest introducing it? ) The Black Market is found in the Bazaar, there is a side room to the right as you enter the bazaar it is in the next room beyond that.
What kinds of things? Very nice expensive stuff including a pet, a doubloon and housing items.
How to get scrip
1. sink ships ( the further away from Skull Island, the more chance that ships will drop scrip. ) This is the easiest way to get scrip.
2. run the Smuggler's Arena with friends ( its available in the crowns shop, but its very hard, you might want to ask friends and see if they have one. )
3. buy the Smuggler's Cove house in the crowns shop 10,000 crowns or 100,000 if you have the gold. There's a wishing well that sometimes grants scrip.