Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ratbeard VO Error in "The Legend of Burly's Gold"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
During the mentioned quest, Ratbeard sounded as if he exclaimed "Curly's" gold at one point. I listened to it more than once and there is definitely a mistake.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Jolt The Volt on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
During the mentioned quest, Ratbeard sounded as if he exclaimed "Curly's" gold at one point. I listened to it more than once and there is definitely a mistake.
If you muted the sound and music volume and left the voice volume up to hear this, you'd be right. I did hear Ratbeard's voice incorrectly saying, "There she blows! I knew it! Curly's Gold! We found it, Cap'n!", as the text correctly says, "There she blows! I knew it! Burly's Gold! We found it, Cap'n!", without the sound & music many times before. Sounds like a vocal revision to that dialogue line is in order.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Jolt The Volt on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, and as I always say to people discussing about incorrect voicing - it doesn't harm anyone or the quest.

Ensign
Feb 20, 2015
agreed. in my case i useually mute the game sound and i watch youtube at the same time so it isnt a big deal with me

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Ah Curly... the beloved trail boss from City Slickers who knew about the secret of life. I got his hat in the game and wore it for quite some time in cool ranch. The second movie is called the Legend of Curly's Gold. The quest is based on that I think.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey