Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

4-Lock Group Plunder Chests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I tend to solo most of the time, or I will play two accounts to assist myself with battles. So, when encountering a 4-lock chest, it is kind of disheartening and a waste. If I find a 2-lock chest, I can log in my other account and open it by myself, but a 4-lock is just gold that I didn't get for a regular wooden chest in that location.

I'd like to suggest that 4-lock chests be reserved for dungeons where a team of 4 is known to have been battling. Placing them randomly around the Spiral is not worth it.

Or are there people who normally run in packs of 4 doing questing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
I tend to solo most of the time, or I will play two accounts to assist myself with battles. So, when encountering a 4-lock chest, it is kind of disheartening and a waste. If I find a 2-lock chest, I can log in my other account and open it by myself, but a 4-lock is just gold that I didn't get for a regular wooden chest in that location.

I'd like to suggest that 4-lock chests be reserved for dungeons where a team of 4 is known to have been battling. Placing them randomly around the Spiral is not worth it.

It happens very often, I'll frequently get a summons to help open a GPC ( four lock or two ). I suggest that you ask a friend or more to port and if they have friends on line get them to port and open that chest!

Commodore
May 31, 2009

I understand completely what you mean, but having those 4-lock Group Plunder chests out there is rather nice in my opinion. Sure, sometimes you cannot open them due to lack of friends online, but the amount of gold that drops from them is worth the few minutes it takes to gather a few people. I, too, am a mostly solo player but I don't have any difficulty finding others to help open a chest. That being said, I have lost count of how many quads I have had to let go due to friends not being online to help.

As to your question, I assume there are some foursomes of pirates out there, but I generally solo or pair up with a friend for questing.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I guess I don't have many friends on my lower level pirates -- or else they are free-to-play or non-members and cannot port to the location of the Group Plunder Chest.

It comes from playing in quieter realms also -- If we could mark the spot and port to find people, it would be another story, but there is every chance that returning to the area resets the chest into a normal wooden one. I've had that happen to me also.

Also, not many players are willing to drop what they are doing for a 4-lock chest in Big Sky - higher level players want higher level doubloons, like Marleybone and Aquila.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012

I find that unlocking 4 lock Group Plunder Chests is very rewarding and the least you get is Gold. I find the Doubloons and, usually, a gear item to be more rewarding.

I also have been known to play at odd hours (11:00 pm to 6:00 am PST) and have started asking everyone I see that is a high enough level to be my friend. The reason given (if they ask) is that I need help opening Group Plunder Chests and can sometimes help or sometimes need help with a Quest or Dungeon. When I am helping someone else with a Quest or Dungeon (or they are helping me), there is more Gold, Loot, and sometimes Group Plunder Chests. I usually am in Ream Avery when I go questing because there are more people there than other realms and, even if I don't have any friends on line, someone (if I can find them) will usually help me open Group Plunder Chests that I happen across. The level limit I set for friends is about 18 or higher since they are probably into the game and are serious about playing. I also try for normal chat or unregulated chat Pirates since it is easier to talk to them about the game, but that is not a requirement for trying to become friends with them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
I find that unlocking 4 lock Group Plunder Chests is very rewarding and the least you get is Gold. I find the Doubloons and, usually, a gear item to be more rewarding.

I also have been known to play at odd hours (11:00 pm to 6:00 am PST) and have started asking everyone I see that is a high enough level to be my friend. The reason given (if they ask) is that I need help opening Group Plunder Chests and can sometimes help or sometimes need help with a Quest or Dungeon. When I am helping someone else with a Quest or Dungeon (or they are helping me), there is more Gold, Loot, and sometimes Group Plunder Chests. I usually am in Ream Avery when I go questing because there are more people there than other realms and, even if I don't have any friends on line, someone (if I can find them) will usually help me open Group Plunder Chests that I happen across. The level limit I set for friends is about 18 or higher since they are probably into the game and are serious about playing. I also try for normal chat or unregulated chat Pirates since it is easier to talk to them about the game, but that is not a requirement for trying to become friends with them.
Thank you, Helpful Pirate - those are good tips.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015

The multi-lock treasure chest pay off when anyone clicks the next lock (they do not have to be with you or even know you). I have received thousands of gold as a result. You just won't see the reward right away. Leave them as is... these are not dungeon only things and shouldn't be. I play solo and having them in a dungeon or geared toward those who play with a group is unnecessary.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
RavenLady7773 on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
The multi-lock treasure chest pay off when anyone clicks the next lock (they do not have to be with you or even know you). I have received thousands of gold as a result. You just won't see the reward right away. Leave them as is... these are not dungeon only things and shouldn't be. I play solo and having them in a dungeon or geared toward those who play with a group is unnecessary.
I'm sorry, I thought that the lock you click re-locks after a few seconds. Is this not the case?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Willowydream on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry, I thought that the lock you click re-locks after a few seconds. Is this not the case?
Yup, you are right. The locks will re-lock after a few seconds.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
It does re-lock, if someone doesn't click in the next 30 seconds.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I usually ask my friends and they help me and we get the great rewards! You need to ask friends don't always depend on another account.