Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Death's Bargain Earring

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Just received this pretty cool earring from the Nefarious Five fight in the Moo Manchu Tower. Two things that appeared to me over the course of seeing the Nef Swashy sometimes using it.

1) The power seems pretty underpar from the other cool items you can get from the fight (Lotus Maque - charming gaze, Baron Samedi's Mask - Summon a Ghost Minion when you kill something)

2) Why is the earring considered an Eyepatch? That really shocked me.. I thought I was going to be able to wear a mask AND the earring.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I consider the eye patch slot really for new special accessories the earring falls into that category. How many new earrings are there and does it warrant an earring slot? I too have a mask and an earring but would wearing them together start over powered debates again? Let's not wake up the sleeping tiger....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Community Leader
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
I consider the eye patch slot really for new special accessories the earring falls into that category. How many new earrings are there and does it warrant an earring slot? I too have a mask and an earring but would wearing them together start over powered debates again? Let's not wake up the sleeping tiger....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
It would just make more sense for the earring to be under one of the jewelry slots, or the token slot. An eyepatch is something that goes over your eye.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Developer
Pirates o the Spir... on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
It would just make more sense for the earring to be under one of the jewelry slots, or the token slot. An eyepatch is something that goes over your eye.
Anything that interacts with the face geometry is an accessory-- unless it replaces your whole head, like the moneky mask, in which case... heck I don't even know. That's why we have Technical Artists.

Suffice to say, "Makes Sense" takes a back seat to "Technically Feasible."

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Anything that interacts with the face geometry is an accessory-- unless it replaces your whole head, like the moneky mask, in which case... heck I don't even know. That's why we have Technical Artists.

So basically anything that affects the pirate's face would be considered an accessory. I have been wondering about that for a while now, thanks Ratbeard!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:

That's why you have Technical Artists..lol

But no seriously,even hair counts as hats?Or those eyepatches?Even the ones that come with sideburn?

Boy,this is confusing....

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I just realized,this talk revolves around Death's Bargain's eyepatchiness,rather than how non-verstile it is compared to Charming Gaze and SOul Harvest.

I have seen Soul Harvest in action only Baron Samedi's Standard.I have yet to see a witchdoctor wearing it and using it,though it is pretty cool.Though,as people know,I really like swaying foes to my whimsical and nefarious will,which is why I keep charm at the top of my spell list.
And there's this part of me bitting me for being so ungratefui.I mean,we're talking Soul Shroud.The ability,I have seen used only once:in a PvP battle,and I thought the Soul Shroud was beautfiul.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
I just realized,this talk revolves around Death's Bargain's eyepatchiness,rather than how non-verstile it is compared to Charming Gaze and SOul Harvest.

I have seen Soul Harvest in action only Baron Samedi's Standard.I have yet to see a witchdoctor wearing it and using it,though it is pretty cool.Though,as people know,I really like swaying foes to my whimsical and nefarious will,which is why I keep charm at the top of my spell list.
And there's this part of me bitting me for being so ungratefui.I mean,we're talking Soul Shroud.The ability,I have seen used only once:in a PvP battle,and I thought the Soul Shroud was beautfiul.
I just love the looks of that earring! But I'm terrified to actually use it in combat, it will drain an ally or companion of health.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

I actually have the Baron's mask, and here's the problem with it. It only actually activates every once in a while. I have done research into it, and it never activates all the time. It is a bug/glitch, and as Ratbeard said in another post, that bug is hard to track down because it NEVER happens consecutively. However, when it does work, it can be quite useful. If you were to kill a Skeletal Hoplite with Ghostwail, and summon it as a Shackled Soul, it will have about 1200 health and be Level 60, useful for taking fire.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
I actually have the Baron's mask, and here's the problem with it. It only actually activates every once in a while. I have done research into it, and it never activates all the time. It is a bug/glitch, and as Ratbeard said in another post, that bug is hard to track down because it NEVER happens consecutively. However, when it does work, it can be quite useful. If you were to kill a Skeletal Hoplite with Ghostwail, and summon it as a Shackled Soul, it will have about 1200 health and be Level 60, useful for taking fire.
I assume it only triggers for staffy weapons,or so I heard.When applied by undead,with Baron Samedi's battle standard,on the enemy's side,it always worksAnd that's all the experience I have with Soul Harvest other than Lynne using it.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I assume it only triggers for staffy weapons,or so I heard.When applied by undead,with Baron Samedi's battle standard,on the enemy's side,it always worksAnd that's all the experience I have with Soul Harvest other than Lynne using it.
Nope. Ratbeard has said it triggers either with staffy moves.......OR with Witchdoctor moves! I have Ghostwail and Jobu's Kiss, along with Mojo Strike. So, it works for any class, as long as they have the moves necessary to activate it. It has worked for me before, and it keeps working when it is active .

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
Nope. Ratbeard has said it triggers either with staffy moves.......OR with Witchdoctor moves! I have Ghostwail and Jobu's Kiss, along with Mojo Strike. So, it works for any class, as long as they have the moves necessary to activate it. It has worked for me before, and it keeps working when it is active .
Thank ye!This will help if I ever get it!
I still REALLY want the Mask of the Lotus!