Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does anyone speak Troggy?Maybe One-Eyed Jack does?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Eki Eki Zip Boing in Scurvy Dog Hideout-Mysterious tunnels says a mysterious thing before every fight against him (Note I don't have a quest for him so it must not be quest related text?)

In fact it is so gibberish that I don't think it's worth posting XD but does anyone know what Eki Eki is saying?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Eki Eki Zip Boing in Scurvy Dog Hideout-Mysterious tunnels says a mysterious thing before every fight against him (Note I don't have a quest for him so it must not be quest related text?)

In fact it is so gibberish that I don't think it's worth posting XD but does anyone know what Eki Eki is saying?
Barnabus claims to be able to speak Troggy.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
No,I do not know.I will say this,though,I think the Troggies are some of the most interesting people we meet in-game.Notice how all Troggy tribes are always so seperated(Skull mountain,Devilfish Hollow,the Isle of Doom..) and yet they all seem to have the sane language,architecture,beliefs...Also remember how Emperor Prawn tells us that prawns were in Skull Island before the sharks,aztecosaurs and Avery!They do not mention the Troggies.Making Troggies potentially,the native(and oldest) inhabitants of Skull Island.Their culture seems so interesting,just look at their names(Oop,Reep,Oolong,Eep Eep...).And if you've ever been to Devilfish Hollow,you'll notice that the Troggies are in between the Sharks and the Katipo watermoles.But also notice how their temples and sanctums seem to be dedicated to Aztecosaurs.If the Troggies were the earliest inhabitants of Skull Island then I think it's interesting that the Aztecosaurs seem to be of such great importance.And what 's the deal with Hopper?!?I know Gortez like ''expended his mind'',but notice how in the sidequest he gives us,he believes Gortez will start a new world and is desperate to make sure Gortez doesn't go on without him.And Hopper also somehow lost his poisonous skin.Makes you wonder,if Gortez got his powers fron what's left of the Aztecosaurs,and used it to ''expand his mind'',than why wouldn't the original Aztecosaurs(the Troggy gods?) ''enlighten'' the other Troggies.Maybe they were just best left ignorant or maybe there was a much more important reason...

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
If you have eep-op-ork-ah ah on your crew he likes to laugh a lot. Their culture lasted so long because they have good senses of humor. Also they make taffy.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Administrator
Rachel Dreamsong on May 17, 2014 wrote:

(Personally I think this is just another piece of evidence that Blind Mew loves his Monty Python )

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on May 22, 2014 wrote:
(Personally I think this is just another piece of evidence that Blind Mew loves his Monty Python )
But the real mystery is.
How does a Blind Cat watch Monty Python if he is busy on Skull Island talking about boats err I mean ships and asking for coins in Port Regal .

Sorry just had to make a small joke there XD

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
i was with dante and he told me his troggy crew member wanted taffy and the armada had bad taste in clothes

fearless talon Lewis

never understatement the power of a privater

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Really? I thought he got the idea from the Jetsons. That love song sings loud in my head every time I see those troggies. Especially the one in the crown shop that I eventually plan on adding to my crew when I can afford it. Just so that song will never ever go away. Thanks Blind Mew,

Oh but I love Monty Python too and I giggle so much whenever I see it. So tell him to never kick that habit. I watch that mooshu puppet show time to time just for that one certain joke.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I remember that! I'm kind of ashamed I forgot that ( my favorite movie) I think I'll look for more references and see what I can find, appropriately I will be on my coconut mount, well I'm off bye!

Administrator
Captain Rosethorn on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Really? I thought he got the idea from the Jetsons. That love song sings loud in my head every time I see those troggies. Especially the one in the crown shop that I eventually plan on adding to my crew when I can afford it. Just so that song will never ever go away. Thanks Blind Mew,

Oh but I love Monty Python too and I giggle so much whenever I see it. So tell him to never kick that habit. I watch that mooshu puppet show time to time just for that one certain joke.
Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah, yes Jetsons! Eki Eki Zip Boing, to this I must say "Ni!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*