Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 5: More Musings

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
bearkat904 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
where is calaveras county at? it was mentioned by mark clemens in mcgee ranch.

Fish Devesh Higgins
Buccaneer
Level 65
Nautical Level 61
Firstmate - Hawkules
"Let's set the skies on fire!" - Monkey King

P.S. I finally finished the main quest line! Finally! Can't wait for Book 15!
I believe that is an Easter Egg referencing one of Mark Twain, or Samuel Clemens' (His real name) short stories called The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. It is a delightful story if you get a chance to read it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
we get catbeard and his title is cat pirate
I think 1Of1musketeer was referring to the special Cat Pirate Companion from the Boochbeard Bundle, and I believe that Companion may need new Powers added to that unit, because as of right now, that unit doesn't have any.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I had some thoughts centering on Phule in Fort Elena, the former Monquistan King and Queen, Fernando and Isadore, and our actions in Book 2's end, through Book 3, Book 8 with Catbeard helping us free Napoleguin and at Book 14's beginning.

This may be a sort of a big plot twist in one sitting, but wasn't Phule watching us help Napoleguin escape? He would report that to Kane and the Elites about that once he leaves Fort Elena. I'm only thinking, that's all.

Also, I know that the ex-king and queen of Monquista were thrown out of their thrones when Gortez and Napoleguin triumphed the civil war in that world, and I know they're being sent to exile for their corrupt actions, but think of this as a plot twist, they've not heard of El Dorado yet, have they? Just thinking that since I've read Deacon's letter to Kane that the Armada may have been into Monquista at one point or another in time, according to his letter, since they would go there through Avernus via Stormgate, but, if this twist were to extend the first major arc by one Book taking place in Monquista, in accordance with Phule's report that pieces it together, the Armada would somehow find and bust the ex-king and queen of Monquista out of exile, report our actions to them, told them about El Dorado and supposedly team up to steal the map pieces from the PC, and finding the rest of the El Dorado Map, leading us to another war against the Monquistan ex-king and queen and the Armada. I get that they tried to kill the PC many times because they did hate the PC, even if they tried to hide their embarrassment by "polite" means, but I'm saying, it could happen... maybe. If these ex-royals would even get to there... well, I wouldn't think of what they could do with it, but I can say this, it would be Spiral-wide. Just had this thought that would probably center this as part of another visit in Monquista.

All in all, I'm just thinking this possibility in my head ever since the adventures in Monquista and Port Regal.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, granted that Fernando and Isadore had tried to rid the PC many times since we brought Gotrez to Zenda and beyond, but what would they expect when these former royals would, in all their "politeness", harshly response to refusing agreements to signing a treaty with Skull Island? Plus, they were paid a million bananas to further fan the fiery flames of their civil war, thanks to Donkey Hotay's last wish. I honestly thought that the Armada would be behind that at the time when I was in Book 8, but maybe not. Just thinking. Anyone else had thoughts on this?

Anyway, I believe that there may be stories that tell of former corrupt royals had attempted to take the throne back after they were thrown out through different means instead of political, occasional times in stories that they would team up with the protagonist's worst nemesis toward a common goal, all similarly resulting in total domination. Look up on them.

The Armada may try a similar approach like that, even if Kane would be counting on the PC to finish the hunt for them, which he is, but the other Clockwork Elites would speed that up through that resort.

If this plot twist were to happen, the PC would have to help the current king and queen of Monquista, Gortez and Eleanor, defend their pure-hearted reign, stop the ex-royals from attempting to take the throne back, completely defeat them, and drive the Armada out of Monquista in another adventure that may extend the arc by one Book. I mean, it would be of a somewhat different way to get revenge on Fernando and Isadore for trying to get rid of the PC, through outside of royal matters, of course, but you know, I'm just thinking.

That would be one heck of a big plot twist, won't it, Blind Mew? I know the first major story arc may be going for 20 Books right now, but it could happen, you know. Possibilities for plot twists that extend the major story arc than originally intended like this may be abound someday. You just never know. Again, just thinking.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Of course, if anyone's going to ask that "this doesn't work that way" or, "that's not how it works", that's fine by me. I just have my thoughts of plot twists. That's all. I won't be disappointed or anything like that.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
we get catbeard and his title is cat pirate
Arthur, I know that Catbeard has the title of Cat Pirate (I have him twice). But long ago, Kingsisle Entertainment had a bundle pack for sale that was called, the Boochbeard Bundle Pack. This pack gave the companion Cat Pirate.

Strong Andy Armstrong, lvl. 65 Privateer
Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Trimond297 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Well, granted that Fernando and Isadore had tried to rid the PC many times since we brought Gotrez to Zenda and beyond, but what would they expect when these former royals would, in all their "politeness", harshly response to refusing agreements to signing a treaty with Skull Island? Plus, they were paid a million bananas to further fan the fiery flames of their civil war, thanks to Donkey Hotay's last wish. I honestly thought that the Armada would be behind that at the time when I was in Book 8, but maybe not. Just thinking. Anyone else had thoughts on this?

Anyway, I believe that there may be stories that tell of former corrupt royals had attempted to take the throne back after they were thrown out through different means instead of political, occasional times in stories that they would team up with the protagonist's worst nemesis toward a common goal, all similarly resulting in total domination. Look up on them.

The Armada may try a similar approach like that, even if Kane would be counting on the PC to finish the hunt for them, which he is, but the other Clockwork Elites would speed that up through that resort.

If this plot twist were to happen, the PC would have to help the current king and queen of Monquista, Gortez and Eleanor, defend their pure-hearted reign, stop the ex-royals from attempting to take the throne back, completely defeat them, and drive the Armada out of Monquista in another adventure that may extend the arc by one Book. I mean, it would be of a somewhat different way to get revenge on Fernando and Isadore for trying to get rid of the PC, through outside of royal matters, of course, but you know, I'm just thinking.

That would be one heck of a big plot twist, won't it, Blind Mew? I know the first major story arc may be going for 20 Books right now, but it could happen, you know. Possibilities for plot twists that extend the major story arc than originally intended like this may be abound someday. You just never know. Again, just thinking.
This begs the question: what would the Armada take out of reinstating Fernando's and Isadore's rule? Although Monquista is considered a great naval power by all worlds, Valencia being an exception, and has a very strong presence in Skull Island, it is extremely weak and, to be honest, non-important to all other empires.

I mean, look at the Isle of Doom: Monquista's source of gold, and, by extent, it's power. Their greatest explorer and conqueror, Gortez, went off and made a kingdom of his own, while the Armada effortlessly excavates relics from the Ancient Ruins, violating Monquista's territorial integrity, and Monquista doesn't even realize this! All the Armada wants from Monquista, it already has.
Which brings me to my own idea of a future book: Say Gortez, or maybe even Eleanor, brings up the issue of the Armada's presence on the Isle of Doom. Taking offense at this...political insult, and wanting to help his followers, who are still in the Valley of the Gold Monkey, Gortez, with possible aid from Napoleguin, declares war on Valencia.
The Spiral would be thrown into another great war, reigniting the Golden Age of Piracy, and bringing Monquista and Polaris back into play! Imagine what could happen! A Monquistan Flotilla going through Avernus, into Valencia, and liberating Sivella, and so much more!

Ensign
Dec 20, 2011
Oh i have been looking forward to this hehehe.

1. Will there be any armada companions, like a crazed armada soldier than wants to work 4 me?
2. Do you think that Pirates visiting ravenwood would be likely?
3. Krok, soon?
4. Do you expect to make more hoard packs?
5. Will we see more of Deacon?
6. In book 16/17, Will we see a fight with a elite armada member (That woman) (who i call Quine)
7. Would you expect El dorado at Book 28/29/30

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
bearkat904 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
where is calaveras county at? it was mentioned by mark clemens in mcgee ranch.

Fish Devesh Higgins
Buccaneer
Level 65
Nautical Level 61
Firstmate - Hawkules
"Let's set the skies on fire!" - Monkey King

P.S. I finally finished the main quest line! Finally! Can't wait for Book 15!
Bearkat, I am probably too late in answering you as others will probably have done so before me, but that sequence is a playful reference to Mark Twain's (the real Samuel Clemens) famous short story The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County. There are a number of teasing references to Mark Twain and his works in the entire Samuel Clemens sequence.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Super Witchdoctor on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Oh i have been looking forward to this hehehe.

1. Will there be any armada companions, like a crazed armada soldier than wants to work 4 me?
2. Do you think that Pirates visiting ravenwood would be likely?
3. Krok, soon?
4. Do you expect to make more hoard packs?
5. Will we see more of Deacon?
6. In book 16/17, Will we see a fight with a elite armada member (That woman) (who i call Quine)
7. Would you expect El dorado at Book 28/29/30
I can answer the first one for Blind Mew since he said it all other times when it was asked. No. Now in my opinion, the closest think to an Armada companion is the Nutcracker one due to the animations it has.

Ensign
Jan 12, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I had some thoughts centering on Phule in Fort Elena, the former Monquistan King and Queen, Fernando and Isadore, and our actions in Book 2's end, through Book 3, Book 8 with Catbeard helping us free Napoleguin and at Book 14's beginning.

This may be a sort of a big plot twist in one sitting, but wasn't Phule watching us help Napoleguin escape? He would report that to Kane and the Elites about that once he leaves Fort Elena. I'm only thinking, that's all.

Also, I know that the ex-king and queen of Monquista were thrown out of their thrones when Gortez and Napoleguin triumphed the civil war in that world, and I know they're being sent to exile for their corrupt actions, but think of this as a plot twist, they've not heard of El Dorado yet, have they? Just thinking that since I've read Deacon's letter to Kane that the Armada may have been into Monquista at one point or another in time, according to his letter, since they would go there through Avernus via Stormgate, but, if this twist were to extend the first major arc by one Book taking place in Monquista, in accordance with Phule's report that pieces it together, the Armada would somehow find and bust the ex-king and queen of Monquista out of exile, report our actions to them, told them about El Dorado and supposedly team up to steal the map pieces from the PC, and finding the rest of the El Dorado Map, leading us to another war against the Monquistan ex-king and queen and the Armada. I get that they tried to kill the PC many times because they did hate the PC, even if they tried to hide their embarrassment by "polite" means, but I'm saying, it could happen... maybe. If these ex-royals would even get to there... well, I wouldn't think of what they could do with it, but I can say this, it would be Spiral-wide. Just had this thought that would probably center this as part of another visit in Monquista.

All in all, I'm just thinking this possibility in my head ever since the adventures in Monquista and Port Regal.
Blind Mew has said that Phule isn't always the most reliable source... Still, it would be interesting, not that Fernando and Isadore don't already hate us, and wouldn't need another reason. Marleybone would probably be who they would tell, and it would probably be deduced that WE started the war, that is IF Phule tells anyone.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Hey, Mew. I have a plot idea that I really want to run by you. Now I know you're tired of seeing people talk about wanting a clockwork companion, and I fully understand and respect your reasons for avoiding it, but I want to at least make one final attempt to persuade you; so please hear me...er...read me out first:
It was already said that the Valencians lost control of the armada, but there's not much to confirm or deny the possibility of someone else gaining control. The clockworks were made to defeat Napoleguin and end the Polarian war, so it wouldn't be a surprise that someone from Polaris, perhaps someone that worked alongside Napoleguin, would want revenge. I know you're a bit of a history buff Mew, so you probably know about Otto Van Bismark and how he went against the kaiser's orders to create Germany. In the P101 version, Beaksmark could have also been a great military general. But Napoleguin, being the self-centered emperor "pain"-guin that he is, probably took credit for his plans; just like he did with Catbeard. At the end of the war, Beaksmark could have secretly taken control of the armada to exact his revenge on Napoleguin, and after the war ended, he used them to create what he thought would be a better Spiral. My thoughts are that at the end of the story arc, after we battle Kane and the other elites for the final time, the PC could defeat Beaksmark and take the master control from him. The PC could then be able to control the elites and command at least one of them to work for them.
So, that's my idea. Please give me feedback, Mew. I might just as willingly accept being able to fly an armada ship, or at least have more nutcracker companions, but PLEASE consider my plot suggestion to its fullest potential before you make your final judgement.
Golden Mycin Inglewood lvl 65 Witchdoctor
P.S.- Personally, I don't mind having "once-foes" as companions because I like going through a sort of redemption with them in their battles/dungeon.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Serpent10611 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Hey, Mew. I have a plot idea that I really want to run by you. Now I know you're tired of seeing people talk about wanting a clockwork companion, and I fully understand and respect your reasons for avoiding it, but I want to at least make one final attempt to persuade you; so please hear me...er...read me out first:
It was already said that the Valencians lost control of the armada, but there's not much to confirm or deny the possibility of someone else gaining control. The clockworks were made to defeat Napoleguin and end the Polarian war, so it wouldn't be a surprise that someone from Polaris, perhaps someone that worked alongside Napoleguin, would want revenge. I know you're a bit of a history buff Mew, so you probably know about Otto Van Bismark and how he went against the kaiser's orders to create Germany. In the P101 version, Beaksmark could have also been a great military general. But Napoleguin, being the self-centered emperor "pain"-guin that he is, probably took credit for his plans; just like he did with Catbeard. At the end of the war, Beaksmark could have secretly taken control of the armada to exact his revenge on Napoleguin, and after the war ended, he used them to create what he thought would be a better Spiral. My thoughts are that at the end of the story arc, after we battle Kane and the other elites for the final time, the PC could defeat Beaksmark and take the master control from him. The PC could then be able to control the elites and command at least one of them to work for them.
So, that's my idea. Please give me feedback, Mew. I might just as willingly accept being able to fly an armada ship, or at least have more nutcracker companions, but PLEASE consider my plot suggestion to its fullest potential before you make your final judgement.
P.S.- Personally, I don't mind having "once-foes" as companions because I like going through a sort of redemption with them in their battles/dungeon.
I don't know why, but having Deacon (if Privateers in this idea get him) would be really awkward. Plus, there could be a possibility that the Armada is really like a hive mind. When, and if, we take out Kane, maybe the rest of the Armada would fall with him.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Serpent10611 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
1. How exactly would this 'Beaksmark', an influential figure of a nation which has just been destroyed by a rebellion and a crushing military defeat, would gain control of the main military force of the most powerful imperial power in the Spiral?

2. A reference to Bismarck would bring a German, and possibly Austrian, element to Polaris, something that I disagree with. I already find the merging of Russia and France quite...unusual, and a Germanic element would just make it worse for me.

HOWEVER, I would love a world based on the Prussian/Austrian rivalry and the German Question.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I am just curious to know more about these two characters, who I believe play vital roles in the game.

Blind Mew

1. Since you have acute hearing, I expect you would know quite allot of what goes around. Will you be aiding us in the future? Have you met Marco Pollo?

2. Where were you born? I imagine Marleybone? But then you moved to Skull Island?

3. What class are you, or which class do you have the most interest in?

One-Eyed Jack

1. I imagine you have met many pirates across the spiral, being someone who is good with favors, are there any specific pirates you have met, like Marco Pollo?

2. Where were you born? I am curious to know if there is a world were rabbits live, because I haven't been seeing many rabbits in either Wizard101 or Pirate101

3. What class are you, or which class do you have the most interest in?

Thanks for any feedback!
Noble Tyler Strong 65

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I don't know why, but having Deacon (if Privateers in this idea get him) would be really awkward. Plus, there could be a possibility that the Armada is really like a hive mind. When, and if, we take out Kane, maybe the rest of the Armada would fall with him.
We already destroyed Deacon so I don't think he would be a companion. Even if the armada did reanimate him, I doubt we'd want to recruit our captor. As for which class gets which elite:
Witchdoctors-Bishop
Buccaneers-Rooke
Privateers-Queen (if that's her name)
Swashbucklers-Phule
Musketeers-Kane
At the very least in this scenario every class would recruit Phule, since part of him seems to want us to succeed.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
1. How exactly would this 'Beaksmark', an influential figure of a nation which has just been destroyed by a rebellion and a crushing military defeat, would gain control of the main military force of the most powerful imperial power in the Spiral?

2. A reference to Bismarck would bring a German, and possibly Austrian, element to Polaris, something that I disagree with. I already find the merging of Russia and France quite...unusual, and a Germanic element would just make it worse for me.

HOWEVER, I would love a world based on the Prussian/Austrian rivalry and the German Question.
Due to the puppet show, I think that it's mostly based on Russia. The only French aspects are Napoleguin's accent and name. That's like saying Monquista has some French aspects because of Gandry's accent.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:

1. In the scenario, Beaksmark wanted revenge on Napoleguin for taking credit for his military plans. Beaksmark heard Intel of the armada's creation and, instead of reporting it to Napoleguin, saw his opportunity. Either by making a deal with a Valencian spy, or perhaps the king himself, or by simply jumping ship, he may have gained Valencia's trust but then betrayed them after Napoleguin was captured and the war ended.
2. The Bismarck reference would be the only German touch to a French and Russian based Polaris. There was a point in history where Bismarck met with Napoleon, the third I think, so it's not too far a stretch. Besides, several other areas in P101 have a mix of different societies melded into one world:
Skull Island-Caribbean with Aztec ruins
Cool Ranch-Old Western U.S. with hint of Mexico/Spanish
Mooshu-China and Japan
Marleybone-Britain with a bit of India and maybe Scotland/Ireland
Aquila-Greek and Roman
The merging of France and Russia for Polaris is actually not as unusual as it may first seem. Both nations had a major revolution with a terrible outcome for the nobility. Plus, if I recall correctly, they were both allies during WWI. The most a "German" Beaksmark would cause is an internal conflict over leadership, perhaps another leader in a different Polarian skyway.

Ensign
Jan 12, 2012
Serpent10611 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
We already destroyed Deacon so I don't think he would be a companion. Even if the armada did reanimate him, I doubt we'd want to recruit our captor. As for which class gets which elite:
Witchdoctors-Bishop
Buccaneers-Rooke
Privateers-Queen (if that's her name)
Swashbucklers-Phule
Musketeers-Kane
At the very least in this scenario every class would recruit Phule, since part of him seems to want us to succeed.
One idea I have is that Gracie Conrad could figure out how to separate Phule's two personalities into two seperate clockworks. We would have to defeat the bad one, and then recruit the good one, or at least have him be a recurring NPC that helps us in our fight against the Armada, although it seems to me that Phule's good side really just likes to watch us stir up trouble.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Due to the puppet show, I think that it's mostly based on Russia. The only French aspects are Napoleguin's accent and name. That's like saying Monquista has some French aspects because of Gandry's accent.
Unlike Monquista, Polaris has two distinct major races, the Penguins and the Polar Bears. Seeing as how the penguins were numerous enough to start a Revolution, I'd say that the French element is quite strong in Polaris.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Serpent10611 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
1. In the scenario, Beaksmark wanted revenge on Napoleguin for taking credit for his military plans. Beaksmark heard Intel of the armada's creation and, instead of reporting it to Napoleguin, saw his opportunity. Either by making a deal with a Valencian spy, or perhaps the king himself, or by simply jumping ship, he may have gained Valencia's trust but then betrayed them after Napoleguin was captured and the war ended.
2. The Bismarck reference would be the only German touch to a French and Russian based Polaris. There was a point in history where Bismarck met with Napoleon, the third I think, so it's not too far a stretch. Besides, several other areas in P101 have a mix of different societies melded into one world:
Skull Island-Caribbean with Aztec ruins
Cool Ranch-Old Western U.S. with hint of Mexico/Spanish
Mooshu-China and Japan
Marleybone-Britain with a bit of India and maybe Scotland/Ireland
Aquila-Greek and Roman
The merging of France and Russia for Polaris is actually not as unusual as it may first seem. Both nations had a major revolution with a terrible outcome for the nobility. Plus, if I recall correctly, they were both allies during WWI. The most a "German" Beaksmark would cause is an internal conflict over leadership, perhaps another leader in a different Polarian skyway.
1. But why would King Casimir entrust the entire army and navy of Valencia to a penguin who is known for betraying his own country? Doesn't make sense to me.
2. All your example actually make sense, unlike Polaris: the 'Old West' used to be mexican territories, with mexicans and Indians being the native people. China and Japan have similar cultures, along with the Roman Empire and Greece, Britain ruled over Scotland, Ireland, and India, and Aztec ruins were found in the Caribbean and Central and South America.
However, Russia and France have distinctly different cultures, roots, and foreign policies. While France was constantly trying to beat Britain, Russia was more involved with the ottoman Empire (Mirage) and China/Japan (Mooshu). Russia is Slavic, France is...Gaelic, I believe. France had different ideas about style, manners, it supported a different Church and thought different ideas.

Please, Blind mew, if you could, could you please explain the merging of France and Russia in Polaris?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I am trying to be polite,and I am waiting for the update to go live.After which,I plan to bombard you with 2 years worth of questions.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
1. But why would King Casimir entrust the entire army and navy of Valencia to a penguin who is known for betraying his own country? Doesn't make sense to me.
2. All your example actually make sense, unlike Polaris: the 'Old West' used to be mexican territories, with mexicans and Indians being the native people. China and Japan have similar cultures, along with the Roman Empire and Greece, Britain ruled over Scotland, Ireland, and India, and Aztec ruins were found in the Caribbean and Central and South America.
However, Russia and France have distinctly different cultures, roots, and foreign policies. While France was constantly trying to beat Britain, Russia was more involved with the ottoman Empire (Mirage) and China/Japan (Mooshu). Russia is Slavic, France is...Gaelic, I believe. France had different ideas about style, manners, it supported a different Church and thought different ideas.

Please, Blind mew, if you could, could you please explain the merging of France and Russia in Polaris?
If he doesn't explain, unless "that would be telling" is his explanation, then there's the possibility of a split. Maybe half of the places we visit will be Russian, while the rest is French. Just think of it like the American Civil War. Just like how America was split, maybe the French side could be like the Union since it was "betrayed" by the Confederates, or the Russian part inhabited by the Polar Bears. Now there's the question as to why Napoleguin has a Polar Bear valet. Well some people of the south didn't accept the idea of seceding, so that would explain his loyalty. Another question is why would a Penguin bring of the idea of seceding. Well the originator of the Confederacy was a part of the Union's government, so there's that. Beaksmark would gain Armada support because no one really likes Napoleguin, not even Catbeard, the person who decided to free him. With someone as self-centered as him, there would obviously be a revolt within his ranks.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
If he doesn't explain, unless "that would be telling" is his explanation, then there's the possibility of a split. Maybe half of the places we visit will be Russian, while the rest is French. Just think of it like the American Civil War. Just like how America was split, maybe the French side could be like the Union since it was "betrayed" by the Confederates, or the Russian part inhabited by the Polar Bears. Now there's the question as to why Napoleguin has a Polar Bear valet. Well some people of the south didn't accept the idea of seceding, so that would explain his loyalty. Another question is why would a Penguin bring of the idea of seceding. Well the originator of the Confederacy was a part of the Union's government, so there's that. Beaksmark would gain Armada support because no one really likes Napoleguin, not even Catbeard, the person who decided to free him. With someone as self-centered as him, there would obviously be a revolt within his ranks.
I say you summed it up nicely, genericpirate. Polaris could have different societies within different skyways, just like the small monquista and marleybone colonies left in Skull Island. One skyway could be Russian dominated by polar bears, one could be French dominated by penguins, and if my Beaksmark idea becomes reality, there could be a smaller German skyway; perhaps dominated by puffins. Beaksmark could be a puffin, or a penguin raised in the "German" skyway, and was a great military general long before Napoleguin became emperor "pain"guin. With three different cultures within one world, I don't think it would be that difficult for revolution, revolt, or internal war to break out; and with Napoleguin starting the great Polarian war in the first place, almost everyone in Polaris would easily turn on him.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
I think it's the other way around, actually.
1. Before Napoleguin, Polaris was ruled by the Walrus Tsars. 'Tsar' is a Russian-based title, coming out of the Roman 'Ceasar', which was used in Russia and other Slavic nations before the beginning of the Russian Empire in 1721.
2. The Revolution on which Napoleguin rose to power is called the Penguin revolution, suggesting a Penguin-based revolt.
3. In Valencia, the Stormgates, and the Puppet Shows, Russian-based architecture is usually shown, meaning that Russia has more influence on architecture in Polaris than France.
Thus, we can bravely say that the rule of Polaris was in Walrus and Polar Bear hands before the revolution, during which the Penguins and Napoleguin rose to power.
Now, you still don't explain the true reason why Casimir would entrust his entire military force to an individual known for being a traitor. I mean, sure, I would understand making him an advisor or some General, but a freaking Supreme Commander? That's like entrusting Benedict Arnold the entire British colonial force in America simply because he betrayed the patriots.