Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Are We Forgetting the Presidios?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I was a little unhappy with the last update, (Taunt me by saying the test realm is online with no book 15 OR flag stitching. cool clothes though) but two things really stood out. one, (imagine this is all capped, cause if I actually capped it all this post would be rejected) Why Did The Crown Shop Variants Of The KS Companions Not Get The New Powers!? I have all of them, and knowing that only my Sarah Steele (who is my least favorite out of the bunch and I use the least, even now) gets a power boost, but my Lucy Sterling is just a shadow of her is not a good feeling. I get that you are trying to give the non crowners an "edge" but when I buy Gerard I want him to be the big bulky powerhouse I saw in Barnabus, not a weaker little brother clone. I may be going on a rant here, but I feel that this has been addressed subtly and I just wanted to be honest. Rant over. The second thing that bugged me is that the Kraken Skulls companions were the ones chosen to get upgrades. I honestly don't think they needed it in the first place. all of them get a second power at tier 3 and outshine most other companions in their respective class. Who DOES need an upgrade are the Presidio companions. These guys are just begging for an upgrade! they are by far the weakest main companions we get, for most others have multiple powers at their level, while they only have one critical. you could argue that catbeard, Hawkules and maybe Monkey King are weaker, but Cat and Hawk are only tier one and still have more epics, and Monkey is more of a swash than Milo ever will be (sorry pal, but Vengeance Strike isn't a good color on ya). I can actually think of side companions that are better than these guys. They could really use improvement, such as a heal or call to arms on Lucky Jack, Triton's Song or Charge attack on Birgus, something undead related on Mike, Shadowdance on Milo, and maybe something like a knockback on Gaspard (Who still needs Hold the Line. He's a buck guardsman without Hold the Line. someone explain how this makes sense). So there's my thought on the matter, you guys tell me what you think about the Presidios getting upgraded.

F.R. Holystone
lv65

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Elemutation on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
I was a little unhappy with the last update, (Taunt me by saying the test realm is online with no book 15 OR flag stitching. cool clothes though) but two things really stood out. one, (imagine this is all capped, cause if I actually capped it all this post would be rejected) Why Did The Crown Shop Variants Of The KS Companions Not Get The New Powers!? I have all of them, and knowing that only my Sarah Steele (who is my least favorite out of the bunch and I use the least, even now) gets a power boost, but my Lucy Sterling is just a shadow of her is not a good feeling. I get that you are trying to give the non crowners an "edge" but when I buy Gerard I want him to be the big bulky powerhouse I saw in Barnabus, not a weaker little brother clone. I may be going on a rant here, but I feel that this has been addressed subtly and I just wanted to be honest. Rant over. The second thing that bugged me is that the Kraken Skulls companions were the ones chosen to get upgrades. I honestly don't think they needed it in the first place. all of them get a second power at tier 3 and outshine most other companions in their respective class. Who DOES need an upgrade are the Presidio companions. These guys are just begging for an upgrade! they are by far the weakest main companions we get, for most others have multiple powers at their level, while they only have one critical. you could argue that catbeard, Hawkules and maybe Monkey King are weaker, but Cat and Hawk are only tier one and still have more epics, and Monkey is more of a swash than Milo ever will be (sorry pal, but Vengeance Strike isn't a good color on ya). I can actually think of side companions that are better than these guys. They could really use improvement, such as a heal or call to arms on Lucky Jack, Triton's Song or Charge attack on Birgus, something undead related on Mike, Shadowdance on Milo, and maybe something like a knockback on Gaspard (Who still needs Hold the Line. He's a buck guardsman without Hold the Line. someone explain how this makes sense). So there's my thought on the matter, you guys tell me what you think about the Presidios getting upgraded.

F.R. Holystone
lv65
As to the Crown Shop variants of the Kraken's Skull companions not getting the new power, KI has already responded that this was intended. They are meant to give the players a taste of what the other classes get, but not be the exact equivalent. If I were a Buccaneer, would I want a Witchdoctor getting the power of Barnabus, a class exclusive Companions? It's like saying a class should give up their class-only powers to another class to have. So I think that the variants of other class-only Companions should act as tastes of what another class has, but not be like having that Companion. If someone wants the power of Emmett, they should consider making a Privateer and using him for their means.

I will agree with powering the Presidio Companions (and the Starter Companions to an extent). I think that if the Crown Shop variants of the Presidio and Starter Companions are exactly alike, a slight power increase to the originals would be good. I also think that the Presidio's could use the bit of a power boost. But there variants should remain the same, in my opinion.

What bothers me though, is why were the Kraken Skull's Companions increased in power anyway? If the Presidio Companions were increased in power, we'd say the same about the Kraken Skulls and Starters and vice versa. I think it may have brought about a little commotion, because now player what every set of companions with a power boost. I don't even think they were preforming any less than before. It have been because of Mormo, but who knows?

I don't think KI has forgotten about the Presidios. It could just be they did not include any power boost for them in this update because of time or they may have other plans for them in the near future. They may not even need one to the developers, but I don't know. But if they get one, it will help with game play. If not, it doesn't stop any one from not using them.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
As to the Crown Shop variants of the Kraken's Skull companions not getting the new power, KI has already responded that this was intended. They are meant to give the players a taste of what the other classes get, but not be the exact equivalent. If I were a Buccaneer, would I want a Witchdoctor getting the power of Barnabus, a class exclusive Companions? It's like saying a class should give up their class-only powers to another class to have. So I think that the variants of other class-only Companions should act as tastes of what another class has, but not be like having that Companion. If someone wants the power of Emmett, they should consider making a Privateer and using him for their means.

I will agree with powering the Presidio Companions (and the Starter Companions to an extent). I think that if the Crown Shop variants of the Presidio and Starter Companions are exactly alike, a slight power increase to the originals would be good. I also think that the Presidio's could use the bit of a power boost. But there variants should remain the same, in my opinion.

What bothers me though, is why were the Kraken Skull's Companions increased in power anyway? If the Presidio Companions were increased in power, we'd say the same about the Kraken Skulls and Starters and vice versa. I think it may have brought about a little commotion, because now player what every set of companions with a power boost. I don't even think they were preforming any less than before. It have been because of Mormo, but who knows?

I don't think KI has forgotten about the Presidios. It could just be they did not include any power boost for them in this update because of time or they may have other plans for them in the near future. They may not even need one to the developers, but I don't know. But if they get one, it will help with game play. If not, it doesn't stop any one from not using them.
Now that I think about what you said in the last paragraph, I think it might be the opposite (not that I don't agree with you, but I just have another theory). Maybe they were given a power boost so people would see them as more useful, and in turn use them more often, and in turn keep them at a high level. this would ensure that most people will keep their Kraken Skulls near their level, up until they max out, or try to max them out if the player is already 65. This may be a way that KI is making a companion more desirable, because maybe they have something big involved with them soon, like a promotion, and players would think it would be kinda awkward if Mormo or someone was still at level 38. If you look back and think about it, the same could be said for Bonnie Anne acquiring a heal, right before the update that promoted her. after she got her power up, almost everyone maxed her out for pvp, farming, etc. So we may be looking at a presidio promotion in the near future, and this power up was just a way to drum up awareness.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65