Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Side-Story Content Thread

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
As many of my fellow pirates know, there is an ongoing story thread courtesy of Blind Mew, and it is a continuation of a much OLDER story thread that I can say I was proud to be the OP of . And, as many of my fellow pirates know, we (sadly) only receive the story in portions and know that the hard-working writers and creative folk and developers in general at KI are always hard at work for the next books of the Quest for El Dorado (what do you think of the fan-title I've given it?). But, as an avid Pirate101 player and story lover, I suffer, like many fellow players, from withdrawal very quickly when I finish the main quest-line very quickly.

However, there is a wondrous thing that exists in the game known as side-quests, and often many of these side-quest arcs are utter brilliance. To mention a few - the Banana Seed Heresy arc, the Moo Manchu arc (my personal favorite), the Amazon-Centaur war arc, and the Zephyr mystery arc. We also have a plethora of great promotion quests to give a wonderful layer of depth to our companions. Sadly, even these quests reach an end eventually, and it saddens me when it does when the companion chatter ends and the quests run out and all we can do now is replay dungeons and knock ships out of the skyway (fun, but it even ship battles get dull after a long while).

So, my fellow pirates, this is a side-content idea thread. This is a place for fellow pirates to write/post ideas for side-arcs, promotion quests, and all other forms of brilliance. You must admit, the gap between Books can be a sad time, and when the side-arcs run out it's even sadder...so write away, my fellow pirates! As an example, I shall do a brief for a promotion quest I had in mind for one of my favorite companions, Iago.

Promotion Quest: The Problem of Hamamitsu
Goal: Speak to Iago, Level 38, in a tavern cellar
Iago: Captain! I have heard of an amazing opportunity! Let us speak in a tavern!
Iago: Captain, MooShu is a smuggler's paradise! It is a risk, no, a challenge, to smuggle goods in and out of the Skyways here! The Samoorai have eyes on everything, and smugglers here are executed on the spot! In such spirit, I have taken up a job from the Yakooza offered here. We must speak to Shiru Kujo, the owner of the Heavenly Mists Shop here in Hamamitsu! What do you say?

Goal: Speak to Shiru Kujo in Heavenly Mists Shop (Hamamitsu Garden)
Shiru Kujo: Iago, Captain, I welcome you to my humble shop. I have heard of your ability to sneak past the Stormgates, and I have a client in Skull Island who requires this...merchandise. If you can go to Port Regal, speak to Gilbert & Sullivan. They will tell you where to take this. I warn you, the Samoorai want this returned to the Emperor quickly.
MooShu Five Companion: What exactly is this?
Shiru Kujo: You don't want to know.
Iago: And we do not care! Come on, captain, to Port Regal!

You get the jist. Have fun!