Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Flags & Weapons

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I'm just wondering if it would be possible for our pirates to hold their weapons (Staff, Spear, etc) in their left hands on the Character Selection Screen.

Right now the way it is, the weapon is completely obscuring our flag unless we turn our pirate sideways.

I like to get screenshots of my pirates and have found that in order to include my flag in the shop, then I have to unequip my weapon so it doesn't block it.

Thanks for considering

~SM~

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Your idea gave me a really good idea. A flag weapon. You would wave it around and stuff and it would be awesome. It would also increase stat boosting cards by a bit. For your idea: it doesn't make much of a difference if your weapon is in your right hand or your left. If your weapon is hidden behind a flag in a certain position then that's that.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
EMC99 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Your idea gave me a really good idea. A flag weapon. You would wave it around and stuff and it would be awesome. It would also increase stat boosting cards by a bit. For your idea: it doesn't make much of a difference if your weapon is in your right hand or your left. If your weapon is hidden behind a flag in a certain position then that's that.
I'm talking about when I go to take a screenshot of my pirate (say my Witchdoctor) at the Character Selection Screen. Her staff is in her right hand (on your left hand side of the screen) and it's a HUGE staff-the Tritops one with the big dinosaur skull. Now also looking at your monitor you will notice that particular pirate's flag is also on your left side of the screen. Right behind that big bulky staff so now you can't even see the flag design.

What I am suggesting is that either the flag be moved behind our pirate's left shoulder (our right side of the monitor) or that their weapons change to where they are holding them in their left hand. That way when we go to take a screenshot we can get our pirate's all decked out in their finest garb including their weapon of choice. PLUS we would be able to see their flag.

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have figured out how to get around that. Rotate your pirate to your right so that you can just see both eyes. Not quite a profile, just under one. Then wait about 30 seconds and your pirate will do one of those looking around movements they do when they are idle. As (I will use 'she' since I am using my pirate as an example) she moves she will lower her weapon and look to her right (your left). Be ready to hit the ctrl G. Once she turns and you see the weapon lower hit 'ctrl G' and she will freeze and the buttons at the bottom will vanish and you will have a great shot to take. Then hit your Print Screen button at your leisure. I have placed a link to an example I put on Pirate 101 Central here. And the same album has a shot with the title info here.