Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

idea for new skill

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 01, 2010
What are the thoughts on this for a new skill?
For the purposes of this post, I will call the skill "Dynamic." It is similar to second chance skill, but works off targets which are no longer on the board. Lets say I have a companion attacking a critically injured opponent. My companion has relentless. Now lets say my companion kills the opponent with the first, original attack. Normally the relentless attack (if I got it) would be lost. Dynamic would let my companion instead apply the bonus relentless attack to another random valid target. Dynamic would also apply to original attacks. Lets say I have two different companions attack the same target. The first companion successfully kills the target. If the second companion had "dynamic" skill, it would select another target to attack. Story-wise the skill would make sense too. As captain I tell my crew to kill a particular opponent. Once the opponent dies, any companions who had not yet attacked have the presence of mind to pick a new target for themselves until I give revised orders.
Dynamic could apply to mojo echo/burst fire as well.
Now this would be an epic that a companion would need to learn (if it was even an option to them). Additionally, it may have a percent chance to occur. Maybe "Dynamic 1" has a 35% chance to occur, "dynamic 2" has 50% or whatever chance. Anyway, thoughts/feedback/suggested changes are welcome!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
" Lets say I have a companion attacking a critically injured opponent. My companion has relentless. Now lets say my companion kills the opponent with the first, original attack. Normally the relentless attack (if I got it) would be lost. Dynamic would let my companion instead apply the bonus relentless attack to another random valid target."

That is the Bladestorm skill, so it should not be part of your new skill (you are making your skill an existing skill PLUS an additional skill).

"Dynamic would also apply to original attacks. Lets say I have two different companions attack the same target. The first companion successfully kills the target. If the second companion had "dynamic" skill, it would select another target to attack. Story-wise the skill would make sense too."

I could see myself choosing this skill for a companion. Particularly for a pirate whose first mate is one of the killer melee types who tend to hog all of the kills.