Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Limit on buff stacking

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I think there should be a limit as to buffing stats and I am against duration time stacking as it takes away skill from the game and leaves the same problems. Two privateers casting the same spell on the same turn should render the first cast ineffective, and the same for all other duplicate casts. Skills should top out at 100% buff, or even 150% to 200% but there should be a limit.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
May I ask why? Or is this for PvP? Because that would be a serious nerf to PvE.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I concur that time should not stack.

I'm curious how you know that two of the same buff are stacking, because I want to verify that.

It would be good to know that when two El Toro's do the same Accuracy buff that the second didn't do it for naught.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Max DeGroot on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I concur that time should not stack.

I'm curious how you know that two of the same buff are stacking, because I want to verify that.

It would be good to know that when two El Toro's do the same Accuracy buff that the second didn't do it for naught.
One way to check is to be in a battle with a friend (that is, someone on your friends list). If you inspect their character through the friends list, the stats that you see are boosted by what has happened in the battle.

I do think the way the buffs stack is fine. You have the choice of being super powerful for a few turns, or having moderate extra power over many turns.

Also, having identical buffs cancel out previous ones would make it so that if two people cast the same thing on the same turn, one of them would be totally wasted. Considering how tricky it is to communicate in a battle, I know I would get frustrated.