Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

The War Golem quests...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Alright, as many Pirates know, from what was on Test, the quest line about the War Golem production was formerly a group of side quests. At some point, before Books 13 & 14 went Live, they were turned into major storyline quests, due to some pointing out some concerns about Gracie Conrad's War Golem Summon power's whereabouts. This led to what we see of MB's war golem quests today, & I like that we get a little break from Armada fighting before dealing with Rooke.

This comes my polish thoughts about these quests, Marleybone Steel, Gears in the Golem, Golem Gee! & Anarchy in the MB!, in terms of dialogue & storyline. I've been through them before, you know.

We've faced the Radicals again, who were around the Isle of Dogs, trying to halt the War Golem production & turning the Golems against the Marleybone Dogs, 'cause their efforts of endless vendetta were still twisted.

I'm thinking these quests' storyline & dialogue should be slightly immersive with Bonnie Anne's past, for she left the Radicals long ago, & the Radicals know her well & still call her Ms. Annie Fox to this day, & to highlight some reference in her recent promo quest.

We already know Marcus Fox was guising himself for the Radicals to turn the War Golems against the Dogs, but, I figure the dialogue polish would have Marcus Fox be the Radicals' secret agent, codenamed "Whispering Bush".

My thoughts on these quests' dialogue polish would be this, E.G., Tyler from "Gears in the Golem" after defeat in combat, "Don't think that you've won this round, Royalist Lackeys! The Radicals will always be one step ahead of you! Our secret agent, "Whispering Bush", is already making his move, as we speak! And you, Ms. Annie Fox, don't think we've forgotten about you! Once we're done, he will be after you first! Albion will be free again!", & Bonnie Anne during "Anarchy in the MB!", "Marcus Fox... all this time, you've been lying to us, almost got us killed, and made up that story about your nonexistent brother, just to lure us all into your trap! Why did you do all this?!", Ratbeard, "Yar! What did I tell ye? Once a traitorous backstabber, always a traitorous backstabber! I knew ye should've left him t'me, if ye've given me the chance to keelhaul him!" & Marcus Fox, "Oh, and Ms. Annie Fox, I'm sorry to drag you into this, but I'm afraid I can't have a certain rogue Radical nosin' around with the likes of the Radicals!". I'd include more, but, character limits & such.

I know, it's OK for some to have different opinions on thoughts of quest dialogue polish. Just thought these quests could receive some polish to be in line with the Radicals that still call her Annie Fox & know her past with them & their never-ending grudge against the Dogs & her for leaving them on her own will.

Still, what do you think, Pirates? Again, to remind you, KI, & their voice actors & actresses that did the quests' dialogue lines, value our feedback on the game, including quests, their storylines & the quest dialogue.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Well, let me place it this way...

Not long since I placed my thoughts on improving the plotline from the instance quest, "Into the Foxhole", I would think the dialogue changes would be the Radicals, who really know Bonnie Anne well and still call her Annie Fox 'cause all Radicals do, doesn't not take Bonnie Anne declining her chances to rejoin the Radicals & battling them as her response, & how do they respond to that? Causing more trouble to everyone, & their plan to sabotage the Dogs' War Golem production is such a one. And in my creative thoughts, Bonnie Anne has been, & sure enough, still is, fed up with the Radicals' twisted ways since she saw their vision changed into endless vendetta instead of freedom in Albion, & would be better staying with the PC, 'cause she's always loyal to her Captain, no matter what.

Plus, McCavity, who needs dialogue from before going into combat with him, & Tyler should've been saying her real name once we encountered them & defeated them, 'cause that's what all Radicals still say her real name.

That way, these quests would be a bit more coherent with her insights of Bonnie Anne's past with the Radicals that are largely explained in her recent promo quest & could be made to pick up where that instance quest left off as a bit of a follow-up to that.

Still, opinions on this are welcome. Just don't be too negative.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
465
I really like the new direction that Wizard101 is taking in regards to shortening the amount of overall main/required quests and increasing the amount of side quests. I believe that should be replicated in Pirate101. I also believe that main quests should focus on advancing the story and entry to that world's end boss and further the overarching plot to the arc end boss. The side quests should remain as a "getting to know the backgrounds of the companions better"

I would like to know more about Albion itself as part of the main quest of a side world (just not focused exclusively on Bonnie Anne).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Oran from Urz on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
I really like the new direction that Wizard101 is taking in regards to shortening the amount of overall main/required quests and increasing the amount of side quests. I believe that should be replicated in Pirate101. I also believe that main quests should focus on advancing the story and entry to that world's end boss and further the overarching plot to the arc end boss. The side quests should remain as a "getting to know the backgrounds of the companions better"

I would like to know more about Albion itself as part of the main quest of a side world (just not focused exclusively on Bonnie Anne).
I think what you're describing is pretty much like P101's way of it's quest design, 'cause, P101's main story quests are about advancing the story while having side quests that have some exciting adventures. In fact, many main quests are reasonably long, even more than most of W101's main quests that are very short, mostly have few goals, even those that does random tasks to pull us away from the story advancing, & have little advances with the story, before they changed it to match this game's method.

I'm very content with P101's quest designing, that gives KI devs that worked on, & still are working on it, a lot more freedom & flexibility with the game's quest designing, & wouldn't change it any other way. I really liked the long quests in later Books, & wouldn't probably make them shorter than W101's. I would not derive from it any other way.

P101 is not like how W101 was made, 'cause it's way of world traveling is vastly different from W101's. It was made with key lessons they've learned from W101 & made with different mechanics that stands out as a different game. It even made us see the Spiral in a different way, & I really enjoyed it.

Albion is one of Marleybone's skyways, not a part of a side world. I believe you're a bit mistaken about Albion being a world. I wouldn't mind seeing Albion one day. Now, we're still waiting for our Second Trip to Valencia.

Kane, while still being the End-of-Arc Boss, will battle us himself one day.

I think you enjoy W101 a little too much to think that certain things in P101 have to be like W101's, & that slightly concerns some people, even me. Maybe you should give your mind a breather from W101 & enjoy P101 a bit more for now.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
465
Trimond297 on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
I think what you're describing is pretty much like P101's way of it's quest design, 'cause, P101's main story quests are about advancing the story while having side quests that have some exciting adventures. In fact, many main quests are reasonably long, even more than most of W101's main quests that are very short, mostly have few goals, even those that does random tasks to pull us away from the story advancing, & have little advances with the story, before they changed it to match this game's method.

I'm very content with P101's quest designing, that gives KI devs that worked on, & still are working on it, a lot more freedom & flexibility with the game's quest designing, & wouldn't change it any other way. I really liked the long quests in later Books, & wouldn't probably make them shorter than W101's. I would not derive from it any other way.

P101 is not like how W101 was made, 'cause it's way of world traveling is vastly different from W101's. It was made with key lessons they've learned from W101 & made with different mechanics that stands out as a different game. It even made us see the Spiral in a different way, & I really enjoyed it.

Albion is one of Marleybone's skyways, not a part of a side world. I believe you're a bit mistaken about Albion being a world. I wouldn't mind seeing Albion one day. Now, we're still waiting for our Second Trip to Valencia.

Kane, while still being the End-of-Arc Boss, will battle us himself one day.

I think you enjoy W101 a little too much to think that certain things in P101 have to be like W101's, & that slightly concerns some people, even me. Maybe you should give your mind a breather from W101 & enjoy P101 a bit more for now.
1.) My reply was directed at your comment that more background information on companions should be added as required main quests (like your Golem example and your suggestion of more polish to Bonnie Anne's past). I disagree with this and used Wizard101 as an example of what I do agree with.

2.) Specifically, I was implying that I would rather learn about Albion itself, instead of more plot/dialog involving Bonnie Anne and her past.

3.) My shortening and increasing comment about quests has nothing to do with the duration of a particular quest(s), but rather the total amount of quests required to finish the main quest line and the total amount of available side quests.

4.) Yes, I understand that Albion is technically a part of Marleybone. I used the term side world, since I don't think anyone has ever described a skyway as a "side skyway," but that is what I envision it as. For those who do play Wizard101, the term side world has meaning (example: Grizzleheim and Wintertusk...even though they are technically the same world).

5.) I play Wizard101 and Pirate101 equally. In fact, I pretty much play both games at the same time (hence why I have a different username from my Wizard101 forum name). I also fully understand how travel is accomplished differently in each game.

6.) Besides yourself, who else is concerned about my two suggestions that Pirate101 should adopt from Wizard101 (the other being the Quest Finder option....that I didn't even suggest, but endorsed on someone else's thread)?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Oran from Urz on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
1.) My reply was directed at your comment that more background information on companions should be added as required main quests (like your Golem example and your suggestion of more polish to Bonnie Anne's past). I disagree with this and used Wizard101 as an example of what I do agree with.

2.) Specifically, I was implying that I would rather learn about Albion itself, instead of more plot/dialog involving Bonnie Anne and her past.

3.) My shortening and increasing comment about quests has nothing to do with the duration of a particular quest(s), but rather the total amount of quests required to finish the main quest line and the total amount of available side quests.

4.) Yes, I understand that Albion is technically a part of Marleybone. I used the term side world, since I don't think anyone has ever described a skyway as a "side skyway," but that is what I envision it as. For those who do play Wizard101, the term side world has meaning (example: Grizzleheim and Wintertusk...even though they are technically the same world).

5.) I play Wizard101 and Pirate101 equally. In fact, I pretty much play both games at the same time (hence why I have a different username from my Wizard101 forum name). I also fully understand how travel is accomplished differently in each game.

6.) Besides yourself, who else is concerned about my two suggestions that Pirate101 should adopt from Wizard101 (the other being the Quest Finder option....that I didn't even suggest, but endorsed on someone else's thread)?
1) Disagree if you wish, but I was just referring to the quests having dialogue extensions to accommodate the Radicals responding to Bonnie Anne's declining their "invitation" to rejoin them through making more trouble once they saw her again, not them being made as more main quests in the storyline & my suggestion would make sense to have a little follow-up to the events from "Into the Foxhole", whose suggestions to improve it's length & plot I've made not long ago.

2) If Albion comes to Marleybone one day, we'll know more about it. As we know, Bonnie Anne has been tired by the Radicals' twisted ways, & it's why she departed from them in the first place & will never ever rejoin them, no matter what. Her will is strong & her heart is good & golden.

3) Sure. I was just saying I'm content with it's way of quest designing, & W101 going with P101's way of quest designing.

4) While having additional side Skyways would be fine to have one day, I would prefer to wait a bit on them for now, or until KI brings enough people in their MMO Live Team to even do them once in a while.

5) Ok. Thought you were thinking about W101 a bit too much.

6) I don't mind seeing the Quest Finder added in P101. Just thought that I would not refer to it being too much like W101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Well, the thoughts on placing in some more dialogue to have some coherency towards Bonnie Anne's declining to rejoin the Radicals, who responded to creating more trouble to all who are fighting the good fight against the Armada, only caring about revenge, nothing more.