Rooke (Good luck)

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
740
I wish any and all of you who haven't fought Rooke yet, good luck, he is insanely tough and I had to solo him.

Tips

1. NO musketeers should attack rook (unless you use a power shot line inferno round or grape shot
2. If you melee attack him make sure someone stands behind you (can be an obstacle though to avoid the knockback anyway)
3. focus fire at Rooke (The help you get should be enough to hold back the enemies and protect Nelson)

Enjoy the last dialogue of Marleybone and enjoy Catbeard as a companion.

P.S. you will be surprised after the fight (but its an easy surprise)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
If you thought that was hard, wait until you get to the Hydra. The Hydra makes Rooke look like Deacon! Anyways, on a happy note, good work! Rooke is a hard boss, and I soloed him as well.......with my Musketeer lol. Be proud of your accomplishment, comrade!

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
i would add one more hint. NEVER approach rooke. he can knock anyone away. let him come to you

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Rachel Dreamsong on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I wish any and all of you who haven't fought Rooke yet, good luck, he is insanely tough and I had to solo him.

Tips

1. NO musketeers should attack rook (unless you use a power shot line inferno round or grape shot
2. If you melee attack him make sure someone stands behind you (can be an obstacle though to avoid the knockback anyway)
3. focus fire at Rooke (The help you get should be enough to hold back the enemies and protect Nelson)

Enjoy the last dialogue of Marleybone and enjoy Catbeard as a companion.

P.S. you will be surprised after the fight (but its an easy surprise)
The easiest way for swashes:

1.)Hide
2.)Crit buff
3.)Charge and kill.

Rooke can't see you when you are hidden. Use this tactic and it will help a lot. If you have team hide yet, oh man Rooke is going to die!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
5 Ways to approach Rooke (or Banditti, in the Cave of Atratus) in Melee without being knocked back:
1. Let him approach you.
2. Approach him while Hidden.
3. Teleport to him.
5. Pass through an ally that is already adjacent to him.
4. Approach to a square that has someone (friend or foe) or something (Barrel, Fire, Edge of the battle board, Impassable space, etc.) directly behind it.

Once your unit is adjacent to Rooke you can move to any space adjacent to him, so long as you never move away from him, without fear of being knocked back, but this can make it more difficult for other units to approach him.

If your melee unit cannot approach Rooke without being knocked back in a given round, go to the space he would have knocked your unit into (especially if your pirate's orders are carried out early in the sequence), so that others can approach him off of your unit.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
97
I really hope when KI fixes Rooke's second chance chest bug, they give us a day where we can get 1 free second chance chest try each time we defeat his dungeon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Row4n412 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
5 Ways to approach Rooke (or Banditti, in the Cave of Atratus) in Melee without being knocked back:
1. Let him approach you.
2. Approach him while Hidden.
3. Teleport to him.
5. Pass through an ally that is already adjacent to him.
4. Approach to a square that has someone (friend or foe) or something (Barrel, Fire, Edge of the battle board, Impassable space, etc.) directly behind it.

Once your unit is adjacent to Rooke you can move to any space adjacent to him, so long as you never move away from him, without fear of being knocked back, but this can make it more difficult for other units to approach him.

If your melee unit cannot approach Rooke without being knocked back in a given round, go to the space he would have knocked your unit into (especially if your pirate's orders are carried out early in the sequence), so that others can approach him off of your unit.
These are really great tips. Perhaps you could re post it in the PHP thread?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
133
Rachel Dreamsong on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I wish any and all of you who haven't fought Rooke yet, good luck, he is insanely tough and I had to solo him.

Tips

1. NO musketeers should attack rook (unless you use a power shot line inferno round or grape shot
2. If you melee attack him make sure someone stands behind you (can be an obstacle though to avoid the knockback anyway)
3. focus fire at Rooke (The help you get should be enough to hold back the enemies and protect Nelson)

Enjoy the last dialogue of Marleybone and enjoy Catbeard as a companion.

P.S. you will be surprised after the fight (but its an easy surprise)
You forgot some tips/rules too, let me get them done ....

4. You can't really use witch doctors in the fight too (not just because they can be really weak). Rooke haves an ability that aloud him to detect spells being cast by a witch (Like witch hunter only worst). That ability lets him use a melee move which he summons a battle angel air raid upon the user
5. The rule of no musketeers is there for a reason, Rooke is Immune to both Musketeers and Witch doctors on normal cases (Musketeers mostly because he's immune to all gunnery attacks except power moves), His ability Rooket turns Rooke into a mechanical mirror. He absorbs the energy of the gun/spell with his shield and converts the directed energy so he can bounce it back to either the user or a nearby enemy
6. Rooke is tough, his castle ability makes him a living war banner for his clockworks and bombs/traps are useless on him
7. You may have to put yourself into the battle field in order to protect nelson. also you may have to knock some clockworks to avoid being beat down easily
8. Never solo him unless your mad good of a duelist. You going to need a lot of help to pierce his insane armor and take down his soldiers.

(Bonus if you get Rooke's armor, axe and or his shield. I heard his shield is drop able)

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
winter goddess on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
You forgot some tips/rules too, let me get them done ....

4. You can't really use witch doctors in the fight too (not just because they can be really weak). Rooke haves an ability that aloud him to detect spells being cast by a witch (Like witch hunter only worst). That ability lets him use a melee move which he summons a battle angel air raid upon the user
5. The rule of no musketeers is there for a reason, Rooke is Immune to both Musketeers and Witch doctors on normal cases (Musketeers mostly because he's immune to all gunnery attacks except power moves), His ability Rooket turns Rooke into a mechanical mirror. He absorbs the energy of the gun/spell with his shield and converts the directed energy so he can bounce it back to either the user or a nearby enemy
6. Rooke is tough, his castle ability makes him a living war banner for his clockworks and bombs/traps are useless on him
7. You may have to put yourself into the battle field in order to protect nelson. also you may have to knock some clockworks to avoid being beat down easily
8. Never solo him unless your mad good of a duelist. You going to need a lot of help to pierce his insane armor and take down his soldiers.

(Bonus if you get Rooke's armor, axe and or his shield. I heard his shield is drop able)
never solo? i never teamed against him and i never lost against him either. if he approaches a swashbuckler he can get weakened very fast. players can beat him up and companions (those promoted ones) can weaken his armor, not to mention both players and companions have very high damage and can kill even rooke near instantly if they know what to do