Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Problem with Ancient Tomes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
Aye my fellow pirates. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the ancient tomes (companion training tomes) not working in Marleybone and in Aquila. I have completed Marleybone and have been in Aquila for awhile now and so far, I have found only 1 ancient tome that would work. None of the others I have found worked... and I do know what an ancient tome is, what it looks like, etc.

If anyone else is having this issue, please let me know. And if anyone is NOT having any issue with them, can you please let me know where you found them so I can go back now and see if it still does not work for me...most likely, it won't but I'll be able to grab screen shots which I can then upload to my bug report I submitted this morning.

I appreciate any feedback.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Fair Fiona on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Aye my fellow pirates. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the ancient tomes (companion training tomes) not working in Marleybone and in Aquila. I have completed Marleybone and have been in Aquila for awhile now and so far, I have found only 1 ancient tome that would work. None of the others I have found worked... and I do know what an ancient tome is, what it looks like, etc.

If anyone else is having this issue, please let me know. And if anyone is NOT having any issue with them, can you please let me know where you found them so I can go back now and see if it still does not work for me...most likely, it won't but I'll be able to grab screen shots which I can then upload to my bug report I submitted this morning.

I appreciate any feedback.
I have found about 4 of them 2 in AQ 2 in MB

I recall one in the Minotaur lords map at a dead end. these cost me now like 8800 gold each to buy in the tavern. I am almost done with all my companions being 60+ so far wont be but another week and there all 65 or better. The other one was in the map with Ebeneezer lower floor a room that's just past the final boss battle. These can be picked up I am sure there may be a guide on these by now ? :-)

Thanks,

Ensign
Sep 08, 2011
Have you explorered the top of Walkie's Hotel? There is a room with a companion training tome inside. Enjoy!

Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
To Masterryan:

Yes, I definitely know how expensive they are to buy, particularly since it seems most of the ancient tomes were broken. I found about 3 in MB, looked exactly like an ancient tome, sitting on desks, etc., I am certain they were tomes, but wouldn't work.

Also, there is a really nice guide for the ancient tomes, however, the owner has not updated the guide to include either MB or AQ.

To Brave Steven:

Thanks, I will go back to Walkie's Hotel and see if I missed that one. I did get 1, and I'm thinking it was that one. I believe there should be more than 1 in MB and 1 in AQ, and I have only found 1, and am done with MB.

To Both:

What I am actually trying to find out if anyone else has run across these books lying on desks, etc, that look exactly like ancient tomes, but they'd don't sparkle and you can't pick them up. I found 3 like that in MB, and I wish I had documented where I found them, but sadly, I did not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Brave Steven Xande... on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Have you explorered the top of Walkie's Hotel? There is a room with a companion training tome inside. Enjoy!
Yes that is a good one. It was broken in the test realm but the fixed it and now you get your point. Thanks KI Fix-it Crew

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Fair Fiona on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
To Masterryan:

Yes, I definitely know how expensive they are to buy, particularly since it seems most of the ancient tomes were broken. I found about 3 in MB, looked exactly like an ancient tome, sitting on desks, etc., I am certain they were tomes, but wouldn't work.

Also, there is a really nice guide for the ancient tomes, however, the owner has not updated the guide to include either MB or AQ.

To Brave Steven:

Thanks, I will go back to Walkie's Hotel and see if I missed that one. I did get 1, and I'm thinking it was that one. I believe there should be more than 1 in MB and 1 in AQ, and I have only found 1, and am done with MB.

To Both:

What I am actually trying to find out if anyone else has run across these books lying on desks, etc, that look exactly like ancient tomes, but they'd don't sparkle and you can't pick them up. I found 3 like that in MB, and I wish I had documented where I found them, but sadly, I did not.
what is the guide called

Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
Right Fielder, The name of the guide is Illustrated Guide to Ancient Tomes, and was created by Calico Jill. Here is the link, and I just checked and still no update for MB or AQ. I did find the one in Walkie's Hotel, but so far, that's the ONLY one. I find it annoying when K I in their updates section mentions having more ancient tomes to pick up and did so in such a way, one wouldn't think there is only 1.

Link to the guide: http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?5438-Illustrated-Guide-to-Ancient-Tomes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Right Fielder on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
what is the guide called
Here is one that includes the two new sections.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
Chryssis, Thank you so much, I will replace the guide I have with this new one. I have to say that K I really left much to be desired for the number of training tomes to be found in MB and AQ, when compared to how many there were in all previous worlds... only 1 in MB and 1 in AQ.