Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Level in Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 22, 2013
I am level 53, just started in Marleybone, But my Nautical level is 28. I did some XP farming, and I am now nautical level 36. Is this good, or should I farm some more to get to, say level 40 or 44? (I have also bought the Marleybone Galleon at the Isle of Dogs docks)

Thanks, ItsWednesdaymydudes, level 53

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaStream on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
I am level 53, just started in Marleybone, But my Nautical level is 28. I did some XP farming, and I am now nautical level 36. Is this good, or should I farm some more to get to, say level 40 or 44? (I have also bought the Marleybone Galleon at the Isle of Dogs docks)

Zook50, welcome to the message boards!
Here is a painless, grind-free way to gain nautical experience: Before you log off for the night, put as many companions as you can to the "Sailin'" task! When you log back on the next day, you'll gain extra experience. You can also have companions you don't want fighting on this task as you go about questing.
Ideally, your nautical level should be at the very least one level below your pirate level. Believe me, it will make those ship battles much easier!

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
As long as you are able to have the Marleybone ship and equipment you should be fine for the time being. I suggest though that you should put some of you less used companions out on the nautical experience task so you can keep leveling up to prepare you for future ship battles in the upcoming worlds you will experience (especially with the loads of ship battles in Aquila including the many Ophidian ships and the powerful Scylla boss battle near the end).

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
AlphaStream on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:

I finished Marleybone with a pretty low Nautical level

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Side quests can also provide some quick nautical leveling. If you can't equip ship gear appropriate for Marleybone, then you do need to level up more. If you're really struggling and getting boarded very fast, then your level is too low. If you find the fights a challenge, but still able to win and get the quests done,with the occasional boarding and deck fight, then it sounds fine. Exactly how much challenge you like is an individual preference. It also matters if you prefer soloing these ship fights. If you like to work with another pirate to get these quests done, you might not need as high a level.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Here is a list of side quests that will reward your pirate with Nautical Experience but do not require you to sink any ships:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?58294-Nautical-Know-How-Where-to-Get-Nautical-XP-if-You-HATE-Sinking-Ships

Good Luck!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
Here is a list of side quests that will reward your pirate with Nautical Experience but do not require you to sink any ships:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?58294-Nautical-Know-How-Where-to-Get-Nautical-XP-if-You-HATE-Sinking-Ships

Good Luck!

However, if you sink ships, you can sometimes get Ship Equipment which you might be able to use on your ship or sell to the Bazaar or a Ships Parts seller for Gold.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
However, if you sink ships, you can sometimes get Ship Equipment which you might be able to use on your ship or sell to the Bazaar or a Ships Parts seller for Gold.
Yes, I agree -- it's ALWAYS better to keep up your nautical - and best to do it by sinking ships, but too many players dislike and never learn how to sink ships efficiently. They'd rather go to Marleybone at nautical 28 and struggle.

Maybe we need Boochbeard to remind players whose Nautical is more than ten levels below their pirate's level that they need to step it up? Every time they log in -- it could be part of the main quest recap.

PS - @One-Eyed Jack, we need a ship icon. You found a balloon, how can you not get a ship icon?

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
i mean... well... i forgot the nautical level started in all i remember that i didn't really level lots in nautical level in marlybone