Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer, Needs Help!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
So far I've been soloing Marleybone as a musketeer. This came to an abrupt halt when I faced the dragoons.
I have some questions:
1. Is "Steely Resolve" is their cheat of "True Grit" for Witchdoctors and Musketeers?
2. Do they always get the first strike and bombard you with a powerful artillery that crits often?
3. How should I deal with them?!

Do I just go all swashbuckler crew for them? Tanking them out with buccaneers seems inadvisable. Any musketeers out there can share me their tips on how to deal with them? I don't have the time to battle them over and over again to try different set ups. This world seems to be putting disadvantages against the distance reliant classes! I'm also going to have nightmares about the upcoming Rook confrontation!
Please help!

Thanks!

My Character: Musketeer Lvl 56
Outfit: All Flame Archer gear (40+)
Weapon: Armada Discarded Pistols
Companions: All within the 52-54 range.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WickedSkies on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
So far I've been soloing Marleybone as a musketeer. This came to an abrupt halt when I faced the dragoons.
I have some questions:
1. Is "Steely Resolve" is their cheat of "True Grit" for Witchdoctors and Musketeers?
2. Do they always get the first strike and bombard you with a powerful artillery that crits often?
3. How should I deal with them?!

Do I just go all swashbuckler crew for them? Tanking them out with buccaneers seems inadvisable. Any musketeers out there can share me their tips on how to deal with them? I don't have the time to battle them over and over again to try different set ups. This world seems to be putting disadvantages against the distance reliant classes! I'm also going to have nightmares about the upcoming Rook confrontation!
Please help!

Thanks!

My Character: Musketeer Lvl 56
Outfit: All Flame Archer gear (40+)
Weapon: Armada Discarded Pistols
Companions: All within the 52-54 range.
Here is a recent thread with lots of good tips for you.