Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I think "Into the Foxhole" should be longer...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hi!

From what I've played through the "Into the Foxhole" encounter in Marleybone, there's not very much plot to it, other than saving Nigel Swidget, Mr. Swidget's nephew, from the Radicals. It also contains only one room, which is obviously recycled from one of Skull Island's sewer interiors, and it doesn't fit well with the Marlebonian theme the world is set in, and two battles, the other of which is the encounter against Red Fox himself. There's also no companion chatter in that encounter, too. You know, getting to Nigel Swidget shouldn't have to be slightly too easy and short than it is today, even though the enemies in that instance are of a near high level.

Now, I understand that it's all what the P101 team had when Books 13 & 14 were very close to being done, still, I think that instance quest should be extended to include more battles, more rooms with original layouts that match the world's theme and making it more of a larger and complex storm drain than a small sewer, and more story within that encounter. I'm thinking that it's where Bonnie Anne's importance in that encounter comes in when she remembers the Radicals & starts to get reluctant on continuing on in the adventure, leading other Companions in the PC's crew to question her about why she's acting that way and encouraging her to continue on, which should bring more insight on Bonnie Anne's past with the Radicals we hear of in her recent promo quest such as why she left the Radicals after she saw that their efforts turned to endless vendetta against the Marleybonian Dogs that gave the foxes the poorest jobs & that many of the Radicals know her very well and attempt to persuade her to return to the Radicals when they found her after hearing the Companions' voices echoing in the halls, which Bonnie Anne strictly declines over and over again throughout the encounter.

Well, if those of you had been playing that encounter again after completing it, you would have probably noticed it by now, I'm just saying.

Anyway, if the P101 team can hear this, I hope you can extend the "Into the Foxhole" encounter to include more battles, more rooms & more story in there, if you've got enough bandwidth to do so, that is. Think of this.

Thanks for listening!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I thought it was fine as it was, since I just did it for the very first time earlier today. I am actually a level 59 as of writing this, and I found the battles rather tough. I lost Shiruku Neko (lvl 57) in the first fight, and in the fight with Red Fox I lost Bonnie Anne (lvl 57), Sarah Steele (lvl 57), and Ju Hao (lvl 60). I came out of that fight with, I kid you not, 295 health left. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I were a lower level!

If the enemies were scaled down a little, I wouldn't object to a longer encounter. But, seeing as I barely survived, I wouldn't want to go through a longer dungeon with more Radicals at the levels they are at now.

I like your idea on the Radicals trying to persuade Bonnie to rejoin them, it's very good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
I thought it was fine as it was, since I just did it for the very first time earlier today. I am actually a level 59 as of writing this, and I found the battles rather tough. I lost Shiruku Neko (lvl 57) in the first fight, and in the fight with Red Fox I lost Bonnie Anne (lvl 57), Sarah Steele (lvl 57), and Ju Hao (lvl 60). I came out of that fight with, I kid you not, 295 health left. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I were a lower level!

If the enemies were scaled down a little, I wouldn't object to a longer encounter. But, seeing as I barely survived, I wouldn't want to go through a longer dungeon with more Radicals at the levels they are at now.

I like your idea on the Radicals trying to persuade Bonnie to rejoin them, it's very good.
I remember that quest very well. And when I did it the first time, I wasn't even close to level 59 ( I believe I was level 56 with companions at the 50 - 54 level, this was pre-update of course ) I remember how hard it was, especially the radicals with covering fire! Gosh and you want to make it harder? No, tyvm! I think finding out about Bonnie Anne as we did and at the time we need to promote her was excellently played. It's an "ah-hah!" moment for all.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:

I commend on you surviving that encounter, for I too have went through it, before the Advanced Companions overhaul, even though the enemies were tough, in terms of their Talents & damage attack values.

Perhaps the enemies in that encounter could be scaled down by reducing their certain Epic Talents down a notch, so that it would be easier to make the encounter longer without the struggle of Pirates losing their companions in battles. Their Crossfire Talents are very irritating, even for some Pirate that match their level or slightly lower.

I'm glad you like the plot idea I thought of with, because, for what I envisioned, they would try to stop at nothing to bring their runaway back to their gang, especially through force, even though they still plan to overthrow the Marleybonian government for their very poor treatment they kept giving them, with or without her. You know how tricky those Radicals can be. Thanks, though!

I still say that encounter needs more plot and Companion chatter, for that latter of the encounter lacks completely in it, don't you agree?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
I remember that quest very well. And when I did it the first time, I wasn't even close to level 59 ( I believe I was level 56 with companions at the 50 - 54 level, this was pre-update of course ) I remember how hard it was, especially the radicals with covering fire! Gosh and you want to make it harder? No, tyvm! I think finding out about Bonnie Anne as we did and at the time we need to promote her was excellently played. It's an "ah-hah!" moment for all.
I didn't specifically mean to make the encounter harder, just longer, and to include more plot and Companion chatter like how the other instance quest encounters in other worlds have before. Didn't you try the improved "A Felon's Employment" encounter? It was quite an adventure with more plot into it.

Granted, we do have some insight of Bonnie Anne's past with the Radicals in her recent promotion quest, however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask for more of it, and the improved encounter should do so.

Don't you remember? What MistyDragon quoted, the enemies in that encounter could be scaled down by reducing their certain Epic Talents to make it easier to be less objective to others that wish to have that encounter longer. It may happen. You never know.

Don't fret over it. I'm just suggesting.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i think its long enough. meant to give you a short taste of marlybone fights so you can know what you need to change or keep. three battles would be one to many for that to be a perfect warm up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
TheDragonspyrePira... on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
i think its long enough. meant to give you a short taste of marlybone fights so you can know what you need to change or keep. three battles would be one to many for that to be a perfect warm up.
Actually, the warehouse before that instance is the exact instance to give us a taste of Marleybone's battles, not Red Fox's Lair.

I was suggesting that this instance quest's storyline should be improved and extended to include an extended & deeper plot & more Companion Chatter like how a few of MooShu's previous instances did, yet it should also be given a massive interior renovation to include new original layouts that match with that world's theme, rather than it borrowing interior layouts from other worlds.

Besides, I would be thinking that it's improved plot would be having more focus on Bonnie Anne & some insight of her past with them when we encountered more of the Radicals, & their reactions to her when they saw her after they last saw her for many years ago, right at the moment she left for Skull Island to escape her troubled past.

I think it would be nice to have that done sometime soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
You know, the Radicals can, and will, attempt to persuade Bonnie Anne to rejoining the Radicals after she parted them on her own will for long, & no doubt she will decline over and over again.