Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trouble in Cool Ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 09, 2013
Hi. i am Jack Renner. i am a :
level 18: musketeer
i have about 570

I did all the side quests i could find until now and i recently entered the cool ranch realm. i received a lot of side quests in coop in addition to the main questline. after many failiures to progress my side quests, i researched ways and strategies to assist me, but to no avail. I need someone, anyone, to tell me if i am doing something wrong. Do i need to go back to valencia and farm to level 20? should i get a friend to help me? should i continue the main quest? should i go back to previous realms and search for side quests i missed? i am truly lost, and the slightest morsel of assistance would mean much to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
myredhulk on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
Hi. i am Jack Renner. i am a :
level 18: musketeer
i have about 570

I did all the side quests i could find until now and i recently entered the cool ranch realm. i received a lot of side quests in coop in addition to the main questline. after many failiures to progress my side quests, i researched ways and strategies to assist me, but to no avail. I need someone, anyone, to tell me if i am doing something wrong. Do i need to go back to valencia and farm to level 20? should i get a friend to help me? should i continue the main quest? should i go back to previous realms and search for side quests i missed? i am truly lost, and the slightest morsel of assistance would mean much to me.
Yea it was tough for my musketeer too. I got clobbered a lot until I hit around level 20, then I got some power, and I had to get my companions leveled too. It was vital to get them to promote. I just needed friends until I got to that level. Don't get too depressed, once you get a bit stronger you will be a force to be reckoned with

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I usually get to Cool Ranch about level 17 to 19. My method of gaining levels with little problem is to do the quests that have little or no fighting (preferably no fighting) first. Only after getting to at least level 19 or 20 do I do any fighting. Do and finish Go West Young Pirate, Gold Rush, Postal Service, and The Scientific Method, start A Merriweather Chase, and you should be able to finish Save Those Jolly Ranchers.

Have you been using your Training Points to increase the levels of your companions and doing their promotion quests? I use my Practice Points (if I am not a Privateer) for Privateer Powers until I get Refresh. I also get Livsey's Ring from the Crown Shop for it's Rouse power and maybe equip one more Rouse spell. Make sure you equip the best equipment that you've picked up from fights. You should do ok.

One thing I had to learn was when I first got to Cool Ranch, I had to heal myself after almost every fight and to use the Rouse spells when either my or my Companions life level got too low. And you can always ask a friend that is at a higher level than you to help you out.