Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

to many ships in cool ranch.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
for those of you who have been to cool ranch we all know there are TONS of ship quests. we also know there are tons of ships. not a problem right? you may think its easy to get the quest done. WRONG! if you try to fight one ship it seems like a ton of others join. you always get boarded unless you have a good ship. ships are expensive so its not likely to happen. i still see ships from monquista there. its a big problem. can you make less ships KI. its to hard to do the quests.

-jack nightgale

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I agree that there are a lot of ships in the skyways of Cool Ranch but it is not impossible to navigate in between them. Just keep your distance and fight near a wind lane.

And yeah, you have to pick your fights carefully. There are usually lone ships that patrol close to wind lanes, so I usually hit those repeatedly and stay away from wolfpacks.

I actually see the amount of enemies there as a blessing. Cool Ranch is rather light on quests that reward you with Nautical XP, so if you want your Nautical level to stay up with your combat level, you have to fight ships. I do a lot of ship equipment farming while I am in Cool Ranch.

I end up blowing them out of the sky rather than boarding them because I am always looking for upgrades for my ship equipment.

Cool Ranch definitely teaches you to save up and spend your gold wisely. Your Monquistan Skiff is only one level below a Bison Skiff, so buying a Bison Skiff IMO really is a waste, especially if your Monquistan skiff has upgraded equipment.

Hold onto your gold and gain levels until you can afford a Bison Frigate. That will hold you over until you save up for your Marleybone skiff at Port Regal.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
TalonDevereaux68 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I agree that there are a lot of ships in the skyways of Cool Ranch but it is not impossible to navigate in between them. Just keep your distance and fight near a wind lane.

And yeah, you have to pick your fights carefully. There are usually lone ships that patrol close to wind lanes, so I usually hit those repeatedly and stay away from wolfpacks.

I actually see the amount of enemies there as a blessing. Cool Ranch is rather light on quests that reward you with Nautical XP, so if you want your Nautical level to stay up with your combat level, you have to fight ships. I do a lot of ship equipment farming while I am in Cool Ranch.

I end up blowing them out of the sky rather than boarding them because I am always looking for upgrades for my ship equipment.

Cool Ranch definitely teaches you to save up and spend your gold wisely. Your Monquistan Skiff is only one level below a Bison Skiff, so buying a Bison Skiff IMO really is a waste, especially if your Monquistan skiff has upgraded equipment.

Hold onto your gold and gain levels until you can afford a Bison Frigate. That will hold you over until you save up for your Marleybone skiff at Port Regal.
I bought a Bison Galleon after Port Regal, I'm rich, I have 60,000 something gold! I'm close to 70,000 even! Right now I have a Mooshu Skiff from the last quest.