Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This is absolutely ridiculous.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2013
I was happily playing Pirate101 up until now. Cool Ranch. Any pirate's worst nightmare. I played it, and got past Santo Pollo. The Darkmoor ships escalate so much from the Frogerale. I feel the difficulty rises much too quickly. (Note, I'm nearly 20 levels above the quest.)

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Arcneous on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
I was happily playing Pirate101 up until now. Cool Ranch. Any pirate's worst nightmare. I played it, and got past Santo Pollo. The Darkmoor ships escalate so much from the Frogerale. I feel the difficulty rises much too quickly. (Note, I'm nearly 20 levels above the quest.)
Yeah, Cool Ranch can sometimes be a pain, but, c'mon a nightmare? It would be awesome for me to dream something about Cool ranch! It's not that bad...

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I will be more than happy to help! I love Cool Ranch! ( yes you probably think I am weird now )

Community Leader
Sometimes those ship battles can prove pretty tough. Tough progression? Hmmm I think those ships are meant to represent a dark foreboding image, and are meant to be tougher than the rest of the ships.

As far as help regarding ship battles..
May I ask what ship / equipment your using?

A couple of ship upgrades going through Cool Ranch doesn't seem to be outside of the norm.
I recommend upgrading to the Bison Galleon as soon as you can.

That ship configuration usually gets me through the rest of Cool Ranch (Haunted Skyway), into Mooshu, and through the start of Mooshu until I can properly equip my Mooshu ship. Availability of equipment in the bazaar may make equipping a ship a bit quicker. We used to have to farm for any decent ship gear! ;)
Hooray for the Bazaar! ;)

Then of course there is always the fact that ship battles in numbers do not only make them easier, but can make them more fun. See if a few pirate friends wouldn't be willing to gain some Nautical XP and help out.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
Arcneous on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
i have a privateer trying to get past froggo vila my did fine but i keep getting killed by him he is to hard and the low companion XP that they get does not help at al|l

Ensign
Oct 02, 2013
Finally made it through. Got a bit of help, but yes, the Darkmoor did indeed loom near a shadowy figure. Finished CR, I've now retired from the game at MooShu. Paying for a membership has sadly became too much for me, and I've officially given up. For now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Arcneous on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Finally made it through. Got a bit of help, but yes, the Darkmoor did indeed loom near a shadowy figure. Finished CR, I've now retired from the game at MooShu. Paying for a membership has sadly became too much for me, and I've officially given up. For now.
It is sad to see such a hard working pirate like you go. Hopefully you will be back and we can welcome you to the skyways again. Smooth sailing, blessings and giggles to you.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
You think COOL RANCH is a nightmare? Just wait until you get to Marleybone. The enemy levels JUMP from your comfort zone!

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013
I like the scenery, characters, and storyline of Cool Ranch, but those ships were quite hard. However, I can easily navigate between any ghost or darkmoor ship in Cool Ranch, it's just that Old Scratch always points them out and says we must defeat them!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Wow, I can't say I didn't go bobblehead a few times getting through Cool Ranch, but I've never had help other than my companions and beloved pets to complete it, in fact, my first Pirate has maxed out in Aquila.

It took a while, but I figured out how to maximize my companion's skills, and arrange the moves that way. For example Bonnie Ann has Double Tap, so I always give her someone who is really low on HP. She squashes them and moves on to the next... When I have Old Scratch hit, I have him focused on someone who he may get a double hit on with Mojo Echo. As I said, it all came down to maxing the qualities your companions have.

Also, I know lots of people complain about pets, but they have done soooo right by me! I LOVE the Armadillo Verde, but all of them have been a tremendous help, and valiant warriors.

I also take advantage of say Old Scratch's spell to add another "minion/player". Sometimes they get in the way, but most of the time they distract the baddies enough to get me through!

Anyway, I can't wait for the next level beyond 65 either, heaven knows how many experience points I wasted completing quests before I realized I wasn't getting any higher than 65. I moved on to my next highest, and she's in cool ranch right now, kicking toads and other baddies behinds!

GOOD LUCK!