Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The scariest thing in Cool Ranch.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Old Scratch has a brother. He gazes at you in the Miranda Mines. Who is he? I dont know if he is in a quest or something, but by ratbeards beard he is the scariest thing I have ever seen! He stares at you on top of the cliff near the entrance, and death lies in his eyes.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Golden Guardian on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Old Scratch has a brother. He gazes at you in the Miranda Mines. Who is he? I dont know if he is in a quest or something, but by ratbeards beard he is the scariest thing I have ever seen! He stares at you on top of the cliff near the entrance, and death lies in his eyes.
Wait, wha-..?

I never noticed ... I'll be looking for him the next time I visit Miranda, though...

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Wow...really? Hmmm...wait! Where did you get the Idea that's Scrath's brother?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Bloody Belle on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Wait, wha-..?

I never noticed ... I'll be looking for him the next time I visit Miranda, though...
I've seen him when I tried to get that guy to escape to the docks. He's a hougan, wearing blue clothing.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
WHAAAAATTTT!!!!!!! thats flippen creepy! what level are you when you see him?

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
I've seen him when I tried to get that guy to escape to the docks. He's a hougan, wearing blue clothing.
Yes that's the haunting guy. He just stares at you. Anyone know who he is or what he wants?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Yes that's the haunting guy. He just stares at you. Anyone know who he is or what he wants?
nope. iv never even been to miranda. im working in cool ranch right now.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
iv leveled up a ton since i last posted on here, and yep i saw him in miranda on this cliff! ill tell you what happend. ok so i was helping that guy get to the docks so that he could get to his ship to leave miranda and when i was fighting the skeletal pirates, i saw somthing on this tiny little lege on one of the cliffs! at first it looked like old scrach, but then when i looked closer i saw that his head band and his clothes were blue, and rememberd what golden guardean said and then i kinda freaked out and then i didnt see him again.... here, lets ask old scrach. me:hey scrach! old scrach:yes capn my capn? me:you remember that guy that we saw in miranda that looked like you? old scrach :yes? me:do you know him? old scrach: yes capn, he..... be me my brother. many years ago when i and i still lived, my brother introduced me to mojo, i loved my brother more than the sun and the moon, but when i and i grew older i wanted to find a new teacher. for i had outgrown my brothers teachings, but my brother was angry. he was so angry for being replaced, that he used dark mojo to turn into ther evil bird.....SCREECH! and so i and i and vadima, had to destroy my brother, and when he was deafeated, his body turned normal again, and we chained his body to that cliff and he been there ever since. me:(wimper,cry) that, my friend... is the most SAD story i have ever seen!!!!!! ok, so, um... this is awkward, um, good story scrach!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Me: DOC! Err... What do you know about Miranda?
Old Scratch: Well, it all started, mon... IN THE MINES!!!

*Scratch tells story*

Apparently, me and my blood brother Beck were mine-workers inside. We also were in to the arts of shaman-like witchcraft, you know as Mojo. So, we were once on an ill-fated expedition that led us heavily underground. Our mine partner Buddie, we called him Budd, accidentally caused a cave-in that crushed him. We tried to get away, but we were trapped at a large cliff. Beck and I had to take the jump, so I did so. Sadly, water filled up the mine, so I ended up drowning in it, and that's how I became what I am, but let's skip to Beck's fate. He was a bit too cowardly to take the jump. So he waited, waited, and waited until the water cleared. By the time it was dry, he was dead. He still is here to this day to gaze deathly into the eyes of his future trespassers.

Me: Oh my garden, such a tale! Still, I do like it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Robert & Mark you both have wonderful imaginations and are gifted writers. I enjoyed both stories and I can't wait to get to Miranda again so I can ask the ghost which story is really his.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Wait, Old Scratch has a BROTHER!?!?!?1 Wow, I've been through Miranda at least ten times and I've NEVER seen that guy.Back to the topic. The scariest thing in Cool Ranch for me was... hmm. I have to think about that. Let me just go play the game for a second to find out...for me it's got to be...Captain Blood. The very idea of somebody cheating death, whose hand was CHOPPED OFF, which is also part of a quest that each player needs to complete. And finally, he was a real pirate (says the history section of the pirate lore library on this site). His last name is Blood, doesn't that just shout, "Scary"? And why has nobody posted anything but rumours about "Old Scratch's Brother"? Well, Happy New Year everyone and I hope a few of you post something other than all the others. TheSuperSwashbuckler

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
thx chris i kinda based that one of of his promition

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I've seen the brother of old scratch too both when i went through miranda the first time and when i went to go complete all the side quests there.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i was thinking about it when i did old scratch's last promotion. So i asked him about it and he said the skeleton you saw was a illusion, created by Captain blood himself. I never had a brother but i did have a sister... i said: maybe it's her... Old scratch: it might be... We go to Miranda and they have a good time in a fight together...
The end
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 64 witch doctor

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
they should make a haunted house themed place

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
they should make a haunted house themed place
Haunted house? Wasn't a whole haunted town enough? lol.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
yeah true lol i meant a solitary place in mooshu or marleybone. maybe skull island

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
nope. iv never even been to miranda. im working in cool ranch right now.
same here but i did NOT see that one coming

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
yeah true lol i meant a solitary place in mooshu or marleybone. maybe skull island
There is one in Skull Island! The church in Port Regal! As for Mooshu, there are many. I don't know about Marleybone

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
The brother changes as you promote old scratch. I went back once i had fully promoted old scratch to help a friend and the brother was the same as old scratch.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
iv leveled up a ton since i last posted on here, and yep i saw him in miranda on this cliff! ill tell you what happend. ok so i was helping that guy get to the docks so that he could get to his ship to leave miranda and when i was fighting the skeletal pirates, i saw somthing on this tiny little lege on one of the cliffs! at first it looked like old scrach, but then when i looked closer i saw that his head band and his clothes were blue, and rememberd what golden guardean said and then i kinda freaked out and then i didnt see him again.... here, lets ask old scrach. me:hey scrach! old scrach:yes capn my capn? me:you remember that guy that we saw in miranda that looked like you? old scrach :yes? me:do you know him? old scrach: yes capn, he..... be me my brother. many years ago when i and i still lived, my brother introduced me to mojo, i loved my brother more than the sun and the moon, but when i and i grew older i wanted to find a new teacher. for i had outgrown my brothers teachings, but my brother was angry. he was so angry for being replaced, that he used dark mojo to turn into ther evil bird.....SCREECH! and so i and i and vadima, had to destroy my brother, and when he was deafeated, his body turned normal again, and we chained his body to that cliff and he been there ever since. me:(wimper,cry) that, my friend... is the most SAD story i have ever seen!!!!!! ok, so, um... this is awkward, um, good story scrach!
This cant be. If you have seen the you tube video "Rogues gallery, Old scratch", he doesn't even remember his past. SO, even if we ask him the answer will always be.IDK