Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Magnificent Seven

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I was just wondering if the characters in the game are based off of the real magnificent seven, and does anyone know if Calamity Jane was apart of the magnificent seven?
Thanks!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
As I understand it, The Magnificent Seven is a movie which is based on a Japanese move (book?) titled the Seven Samurai. I am not sure there was ever a group in real life that was called the Magnificent Seven.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
There was also a Western movie Called The Magnificent Seven made in 1960. That plays a role in the jokes and nods too.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering if the characters in the game are based off of the real magnificent seven, and does anyone know if Calamity Jane was apart of the magnificent seven?
Thanks!
What I know is that buffalo Bill was a real guy that killed a lot of buffalo. This magnificent seven could be a spoof of the seven samurai.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
yes they are based off in real life somebody told me there were cowboys in real life

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This is probably best answered by Blind Mew.

In the telling of the story of the Magnificent Seven, several things become clear:

1) Wyatt Chirp was shot down at some point after bringing peace to the area. The Magnificent Seven split up shortly thereafter.
2) Somehow, a Peacemaker was involved (discovered during the quest to get one for Avery)
3) Buffalo Bill blames Duck Holiday for the death of Wyatt Chirp.

Several possibilities:

a) Duck Holiday had a Peacemaker and gambled it away. That Peacemaker was then used to kill Wyatt.
b) Duck Holiday let it slip that Wyatt Chirp had a Peacemaker, and the people he let it slip to then gunned down Wyatt to obtain it.

The fact that none of the other four blame Duck Holiday says that his involvement was second hand and probably an accident.

So, will we find out the whole story, or is there a piece of the story I forgot to add in, and if so, when are we told that?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I kinda wish your seven companion would tell you what happened during his promo and i kinda wish with a got a guy that had a gun i really dont like bat masterson he isn't even that good and he comes with riposte as his set perk when he is a privateer

Ensign
Jun 09, 2012
The Magnificent Seven was a western film. The characters in the game are not from the movie, but are real life cowboys. Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday were a famous sherif and deputy. Calamity Jane Canary fought Native Americans, and Wild Bill Hickok had very crazy things happen in his life. Billy the Kid was a famous outlaw, and finally Buffalo Bill was a show performer and soldier.