Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tax Relief Quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 07, 2013
Hello!

I'm a level 22 Privateer, and I'm getting a little frustrated. I'm currently working on the Tax Relief quest in Cool Ranch where I need to destroy the 5 Guard Towers. I've been able to destroy 2 of them, but the North, East, and West ones just won't go down. I've fought the guards around each of the towers multiple times, made sure to destroy all of the explosive barrels along with defeating all of the enemies, tried another time where I didn't focus so much on the barrels, but no matter what I do, I can't destroy the towers. I've been in this map for over an hour now and I'm frustrated beyond belief- any tips would be super helpful.

Thank you!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Heh--I remember this one. How could I forget it? I lost four companions there.

I destroyed the towers easy-ish. Maybe you should get someone to help.

This is how I did it: The first tower I did with my friend, and then we did separate fights. When he was done I wen to his tower and he went to mine to destroy it. We did so until he didn't want to do the last fight and I did it for him (R.I.P Chantal, Wing, Gaspard, Louis).

Do you have a same-level friend that could help you?
Fair Taryn Lewis

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thecristofur on Sep 7, 2019 wrote:
Hello!

I'm a level 22 Privateer, and I'm getting a little frustrated. I'm currently working on the Tax Relief quest in Cool Ranch where I need to destroy the 5 Guard Towers. I've been able to destroy 2 of them, but the North, East, and West ones just won't go down. I've fought the guards around each of the towers multiple times, made sure to destroy all of the explosive barrels along with defeating all of the enemies, tried another time where I didn't focus so much on the barrels, but no matter what I do, I can't destroy the towers. I've been in this map for over an hour now and I'm frustrated beyond belief- any tips would be super helpful.

Thank you!
You don't have to break the barrels. After you have defeated all enemies & gather chests ) just get close to the tower, an "x" prompt will appear to blow up the tower, that's all you need to do.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hello!

Thank you!
Well, I sure hope that you finally got through that quest and don't really need this answer anymore, but after each battle, make sure you see the interaction box pop up that says "Click X to destroy the tower" before you run off to the next one. Blowing up all of the barrels doesn't do it.

If you aren't waiting for that and clicking it, you will have to keep battling.

Administrator
Hello!

Thank you!
Welcome thecristofur to the Pirate101 message boards!

Administrator
Bat Masterson on Sep 10, 2019 wrote:
Welcome thecristofur to the Pirate101 message boards!
For those wondering, I had a momentary laps of my name being the right one... move along folks, nothing to see here ;).