Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Struggling

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
I'm level 25 and in need of some major help. I feel like Cool Ranch has gone on for at LEAST half of my time playing Pirate101. Skull Island, Monquista, and Valencia seemed so much shorter than this. I'm Hopeful Alyssa Abbot, and if you see me in the Skyways of Cool Ranch, I would appreciate some help.
Happy pirating!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hi Gizmo! What time of day do you play? We'd be happy to help a struggling pirate get through that first half of Cool Ranch and into Port Regal. Are you doing side quests or just the storyline?

Personally, I think Cool Ranch is a good place to accept all of those side quests, but wait until you're almost finished to attend to them. Many of them require the same goals.

Be sure you've upgraded your ship and its equipment, as the difficulty level will continue to increase.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
GizmoTheAwesome on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
I'm level 25 and in need of some major help. I feel like Cool Ranch has gone on for at LEAST half of my time playing Pirate101. Skull Island, Monquista, and Valencia seemed so much shorter than this. I'm Hopeful Alyssa Abbot, and if you see me in the Skyways of Cool Ranch, I would appreciate some help.
Happy pirating!
A time and date to meet up would be a lot more helpful, but if I do see you I will say hi

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
I normally play on weekends because homework takes up most of the week. I'm doing better now, I'm doing the quest to get the grumwort right now. So far, I'm doing fine. I normally play on the Blind Mew server. If you see me, help is appreciated, but I think I'm doing okay solo.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
GizmoTheAwesome on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
I normally play on weekends because homework takes up most of the week. I'm doing better now, I'm doing the quest to get the grumwort right now. So far, I'm doing fine. I normally play on the Blind Mew server. If you see me, help is appreciated, but I think I'm doing okay solo.
I am leveling up my privateer who is a bit ahead of where you are, I will make sure I play in the blind mew server, if you do see me I am Lofty James Jeffries with phule's mask

Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
GizmoTheAwesome on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Happy pirating!
Hi! I play sporadically so I probably won't see you, but I've noticed a lot of players having issues with the Buffaloons (and Bumbleoons). So here are some things I've picked up in strategy:

About Buffaloons: These have vengeance strike 2. First strike is not always a good idea here because it allows your enemies to have many extra hits. They are all Buccaneers, so they have armor, and high health. They are weak to magic. They will also surround you, since it is a creature attack.

Anti-Buffaloon Tips: First you need something to soak up damage, and act as a diversion or distraction. Bring along Redbeard or another good Buccaneer, or alternitavely if you're a Witchdoctor you can bring Old Scratch and use both your summons and his summon as human (undead) shields. This will give the buffaloons something to swing at while your other units go to work. Due to their epics, they attack a lot. Reduce incoming damage by concentrating your attacks and picking them off one by one. This will make the entire battle remarkably easier. Bonnie Anne (or a musketeer, especially ones with Overwatch) is great because they'll deal magic damage with high accuracy to land hits. I don't recommend Swashbucklers other than Scorpius, because they're dealing melee to something with melee defense, and are quite squishy. Scorpius is the only Swash I know of with unusually high armor, and may dodge and defend enough to survive. If you're a witchdoctor, move your drains and summons up to the top of your Talents/Powers list and use them use them use them!

Good combinations:
Redbeard (human/rat shield), Bonnie Anne (magic damage), Scorpius or another Musketeer
Old Scratch + His summon (distraction/diversion), Bonnie Anne, Scorpius, Your Witchdoctor Summon
Redbeard, Scorpius, Skyfire (Withdoctors will have these companions from side quests)

Don't have those characters? Try these setups:
, ,
, ,
, ,

Fiddle around with it until you find what works best for you!

I do not recommend most /

Ensign
May 14, 2013
If it's the amount of time you're worried about, I say enjoy it. Personally Cool Ranch was one of my favourite worlds. The difficulty increase helped me develop my skill, and towards the end, many of the fights get really interesting. If you're struggling against a particular enemy (buffaloons come to mind) then look up tips on how to beat them. Everything has a weakness, it's just knowing where. As a last resort, you could always grind levels until you can stomp them, but I wouldn't recommend this. Enjoy the setting and the story, but if you're not a fan of the western theme all I can say is I hope you like ninjas!

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
Hey if you are having trouble then get stronger by doing sidequest plus it doesn't matter what class because I had a breeze right through this ( some companion may have been defeated But it was still easy) so the crew I use I in this typing those are the types I use for but for witchdocters I think a crew of would be best because magic would help you on yourself and the magic user you use along side with you. would just be a huge hitter and distracting person and heavy hitter or could also be if you have one (ratbeard)
Someone like bonnie anne would be great for cool ranch because of guns get certain epics and then go along with her

well see ya

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
Hey this is a update on what I said about how should try out later there should be a post I put on skull island so it show a certain power you can do

and trust me it is really useful

So look for the topic that is by Rad Pirate Flare

This spell will help out a lot but it requires some turns before doing it.

see ya later

Level 37

level 34