Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sky Snakes.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Is anyone else getting absolutely thrashed by these monsters? I'm level 21 and my companions are level 17-21. These monsters have a first strike that deals usually over 100 damage and they're spawned with a Flying Snake(Think that's it's name) which is the "boss" of the Sky Snakes much like the White Buffaloon is to the regular ones. I am trying to collect their fangs for a side quest but they kill all my companions withing the first five turns and me another five after that.

I tried the same strategy I had against the Buffaloons which is send all my companions after one monster while I fight the boss but the Flying Snake has 3 first strikes a Blade Storm and a Vengeance Strike plus his dodge is ridiculously high and to top it off on a skiff he can pretty much go anywhere on board making it very hard to keep him from killing my companions. Though he doesn't really need too does he? The Sky Snakes have a first strike and about the same dodge as their boss. No matter what I come up with they dodge EVERYTHING and deal over 100 damage over 200 if they use their two hit attack.

Are they seriously OPed or am I going about this the wrong way? Any tips on how to handle these serpents? I'm at my wits end in dealing with them. I'd hate to think I'd need to level to 30 to handle them.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Noble Wolf on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
Is anyone else getting absolutely thrashed by these monsters? I'm level 21 and my companions are level 17-21. These monsters have a first strike that deals usually over 100 damage and they're spawned with a Flying Snake(Think that's it's name) which is the "boss" of the Sky Snakes much like the White Buffaloon is to the regular ones. I am trying to collect their fangs for a side quest but they kill all my companions withing the first five turns and me another five after that.

I tried the same strategy I had against the Buffaloons which is send all my companions after one monster while I fight the boss but the Flying Snake has 3 first strikes a Blade Storm and a Vengeance Strike plus his dodge is ridiculously high and to top it off on a skiff he can pretty much go anywhere on board making it very hard to keep him from killing my companions. Though he doesn't really need too does he? The Sky Snakes have a first strike and about the same dodge as their boss. No matter what I come up with they dodge EVERYTHING and deal over 100 damage over 200 if they use their two hit attack.

Are they seriously OPed or am I going about this the wrong way? Any tips on how to handle these serpents? I'm at my wits end in dealing with them. I'd hate to think I'd need to level to 30 to handle them.
I found them to be quite difficult, it's not just you. I had to use my blue mana juic...er, sorry, yum yum juice to bring back my First Mate!

I was so glad when that quest was over.

I don't know what school you are but I tried them in my early 20s level and it was ridiculous. I waited until I leveled up and by that time, I had TWO quests where I had to fight them. By the time I tried again, I had a new spell for my Witchdoctor that enabled me to curse the main one pretty decently. It was the only way I was able to beat them.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
I am a Swashbuckler and my dodge is 56% so I find myself surviving longer then my companions but they have a higher dodge then me so I feel like I'm fighting an inevitable battle. I was able to beat two swarms with just my pirate alone because my companions died. However, I was near dead every time and it could have gone either way really.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Me and my mom encountered the same snakes, it seems, and got trounced. We ended up fleeing, or I did, because I hate seeing my pirate lose to some random rediculousness.

I took a good look at my map in which the fangs quest took place, and noticed something.

There is a sky snake marker on top of the map. The background of the box is red. Then there is another sky snake marker on the bottom of a gulch/culdesac to the south of the map. The background of that box is green. Now, I am thinking, red for dangerous, green for easy/easier. Unless it simply referred to buccaneer sky snakes versus witchdoctor sky snakes?

I have yet to confirm this, but we did refrain from fighting snakes until most of our other quests were done. After having fought Fin Dorsal a good number of times and done a good number of other quests, I am now level 26. I think.

I think at that point, we both have a much better chance to fight snakes, and probably solo, as well.