In the Miranda instance, there are many reasons to be disturbed. Here are mine!
1. Miranda is the embodiment of the joke "When you walk into a graveyard, how many people are dead? Everyone but you."
2. The very person you are after is buried RIGHT in this town! Captain Blood is fought here, and you even see his grave (Which has already been mildly tomb-raided by the Armada goons)
3. Randomly, I see undead corsairs running out of caves and all around the town! What are they running from? You'd rather not know, because none of us do!
4. I know Golden Guardian already brought this up, but there is indeed a creep in the Miranda Mines that looks like Old Scratch, except he is blue, and he gruesomely stares at you...I can't stand the looks!
5. To add to the previous part, there's still more undead creatures staring at you all throughout Haunted Skyway! Hints: Look in the Motherlode Mines or the Abandoned Church.
6. Mayor Grimm creeps me out mostly, because he only has one movement pose, his idle movement! Luckily, this bug is fixed. Guaranteed.
Miranda is so creepy, but that plays into the many reasons why I LOVE Cool Ranch. Cool Ranch is so cool... It's colder than Polaris! I just like creepy things a lot. I especially like the buildings and the storyline of Miranda.
What about the Lagoonies in the corral by Bosun Budd's cave? Are they undead? Did the Duck of Death send them to help the Armada try to get the map piece from Captain Blood? They just don't seem to fit into the Miranda story.
I think Miranda was awesome. With bloody fire, undead sky snakes ( if you have a bunch of people fighting the skeletons in the beginning they might show up.) random armada guys who had basically nothing to do with cool ranch until then, and most fun of all a bunch of zombie slaying! It also has some great drops to. I got a topical sky snake from captain blood ( who I of course named coco.) I admit I'm easily scared (although I'm a teenager) Miranda just was plain fun. I loved it. Btw I would like to see a zombie gingerbread man. He would say " run run run as fast as you can, I'll eat you cause I'm the zombie ginger bread man!"
Unicorns and Fairies? What about their equivalents, Nightmares and Pixies (although, actually the truth is that fairies are thought of as evil, while pixies are good) In mythology Fairies were known to do grave harm, and were evil, while pixies spent their time learning spells. As for unicorns, they are more as neutral :P Don't be convinced by how mythology has been reinstated in our modern society x. x
Miranda and the Haunted skyway really gives me that excited chill. I'm a relatively young player, not old enough to get REALLY scared by it, but young enough so that I do get kinda creeped out. Especially at the end whe all the townsfolk come to the saloon to watch you battle Captain Blood. Brrr... it is an honest to goodness ghost town.
It's even creepier when you do it solo and there's no one to talk to (I did it solo the first time and I was creeped out). The music doesn't help much either. Am I right thinking that it's the longest dungeon? It's the only dungeon where there's side quests in.
i remember when i started this game i read a safety dis claimer tht said (due to some areas appearance and or special effects people over 40 yrs of age should not play this game for health reasons.) says a lot about the startling parts of this game doesn't it, i guess miranda with all of the ghostly chickens popping out of no where is one of those areas
Oooh, yes! I did Miranda solo and was somewhat disturbed by it...I did see Old Scratch's brother, he was on a hill staring at me. And yes, I did see the random running zombies! When you are there alone it is even worse than if you have friends. Ugh, that is one dungeon that I don't want to repeat, but I almost want to because of the great loot potential from Captain Blood!